User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

After about 1.5 hours on the phone...Squirtle Build-a-Bear is coming this week! They had in the local FedEx Warehouse. Once I contacted BAB I got a shipping number and could contact FedEx. Apparently both had the wrong phone number when they called for me to pay for duties. I had no problem with Baby Yoda. I think it was a Paypal error. It was actually here before her birthday!

Oh well, happy it is on its way!
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I won a care package from batiste shampoo happy contests are addictive!!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I am really struggling, we are literally record breaking busy which is good business wise but is really kicking my butt.

I had a bit of a moment last night as I struggled to keep up, I am literally getting nothing done a home but Mom was off yesterday and did the dishes and laundry so that is done, laundry won't need to be done again until next week and dishes well dishes are a losing battle. I am trying to push through but these 7 am (which are really 6 am days as I am back to commuting) and working until 9 or 10 pm is really getting to me. I know I am not the only one doing it but I feel like others are physically and mentally handling it better which is a struggle for me. I really struggle when I cannot push through especially since I know it is expected of me to just push through and get it done.

I know have other departments asking for help as they cannot keep up but I am barely keeping my head above water trying to be two people, I just do not know how I can take on anymore. I have 3 new projects I am supposed to take on next week as the plan has been by this Friday at the latest to have me back to only being me but let's be real it isn't going to happen. I don't want to sound like a downer but let's be real here, I am realist and fake hope is not helping me push through. So I have no idea how I am going to take on more next week but I guess the pieces will fall where they fall.

Alright time to get back at as in the short time it took me to write this there are already 15 new emails to deal with.

Have a great day everyone.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Sunny day here today!

I put a load in the washer and will hang it out to dry. Put away all the clean dishes from dinner last night. Washing up my breakfast dishes.

Re-posted a few items for sale and have a few pending pick ups today! Will post more stuff this morning once I have a chance to go out to the garage and sort some stuff.

Checked out the upcoming sale flyers. Just a few fresh items for us this next week. Really going to continue using up what we have.
    Smoothies on the list since we have so much frozen fruit.

ok off to make my bed and get some stuff done!!
    Ciel, SassyAshley and dededi like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Booked DS a haircut at a new place that just opened. First impression is good. The price is reasonable unlike another place in town.
    $28 Before covid. $42 now. Crazy. So many complaining about it. They have lost lots of business because of all the added service fees including making people book online only and then charging an online booking fee.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - i wish i could help . many hugs. many many hugs

Frugalbigmama- i dispise the added covid service fees. dispise them . when i reopened... i had aprox 600.00 worth of stuff i needed. plus a insane amount of hours of work before reopening.. now... i spend aprox 5 hours min per week, trying to keep track of min of ed stuff, 8 hours of addtional cleaning weekly spread over the week. i have not passed 1 dime of that on to my parents in addiotional fees. and i am not even adding in the addional cost of groceries due to insane freaking prices at stores.
    that is my rant for the day.

ok. nice day out . bit hot. but that is ok. at least it is not snow.
    using up 1 of the gcs we have , we have 3 - 50.00 ones at a small place. i am looking forward to it.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I agree frugalbigmama -my hairdresser didnt charge any extra but she gave up hairwashing clients hair ,as she has her own shop and a ton of health problems herself .

We are off to toronto ,most likely we will spend the night even thou daughter's house is hot .I will shower then we will sleep down the basement .I was up at 5.00 a.m this morning,as i had a bit on my mine regarding my son .
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

$25 pick up (camping stove and fuel)

Puttered around in the garage a bit. Emptied 2 boxes. Found 2 brand new carbon monoxide detectors! Guess I tucked in a box and forgot about them. Moving them to the linen closet so I have them for when I need to replace the ones in use now.

Off to check my laundry outside drying. Should be ready to put away now.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

FaceTime call with Gramma today. At the end of the call she was tired so I sang her a lullaby and she drifted off to sleep!

@SassyAshley One moment at a time. It is how I had to live last year. Stay present. You are not responsible for completing the workload of two people. Even if you are! Once I put some clear boundaries on my workload, it really helped. We make our own workload. Hugs as you figure out yours. It is amazing how once you start letting things go or allow others to pick up their own slack how well priorities fall.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone. I am not sure why but when I cannot keep up I feel like there is something wrong with me that I cannot push through and get it done. I feel like everyone else can why can't I?

Today was a bit better we weren't as busy today, we were still steady but I was able to find sometime to work through a few my projects as well. I feel like I am in a better place, not perfect but better and I am good with that.

Looks like they are still trying to come up with a new plan, it was discussed in my meeting this afternoon so we will see what happens.

I also managed to get a few things done at home, nothing big but it makes things feel more normal for me. I don't feel as stressed. Dinner was Leftover Pasta with Sauce pulled from the freezer with Garlic Naan and Cesar Salad. I wanted to add veggies to the sauce but Mom wasn't feeling it, it we met in the middle and just added mushrooms. Also made some Guacamole I can take to work with me tomorrow, I find doing this job I eat better if I have snacky foods I can snack on as I have time vs trying to get in a "meal"

Dishwasher has been loaded and is running.

Not a lot done but better than the last few nights, I will take it.

Have a great night everyone.
    Ciel, Granger and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Booked DS a haircut at a new place that just opened. First impression is good. The price is reasonable unlike another place in town.
    $28 Before covid. $42 now. Crazy. So many complaining about it. They have lost lots of business because of all the added service fees including making people book online only and then charging an online booking fee.
    I noticed that recent Haircrafters ads on local tv station mention online reservation required. I have not looked to see what additional fees apply. I probably should see what local salons are asking for haircuts & cleaning fees, as Sept. is when I'd like my summer cut fixed into a more symmetrical look. Thanks for sharing what is happening in your area regarding fees!
    barbis9 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I juiced a limp last half bunch of celery with a green bell pepper (the pointy kind that looks like the cubanelle, not the bell shape kind) a garden cucumber and a small apple. Brighter green colour than what I normally get (cut grass green) by juicing celery alone. Needed a late afternoon refresher as the 3 pops of the day left me feeling flat and blah. Craving salty things on and off. Only drank a small glass of water as it alone does not work well for hydration. Will use the last 6 tbsp of Gatorade mix to make a 1L jug of beverage for tomorrow.

Delighted to still about 1/3 of the fruit box contents to enjoy for Thursday and Friday plus cherry tomatoes and cukes from garden every two days. The cucumber patch has almost gone yellow due to lack of sufficient rain so I added a few cans of water to the plants and am hoping the green colour returns to the leaves. Or else, not much in future cucumbers!

Second day of feeling blah and the heat is like a sticky bandage that is hard to remove. Felt like I was having an afternoon hot flash (not a joy) while sitting and reviewing new flyers in community paper bundle.

Will see if I can get the dvd player to work with network connection for Youtube as the router is still an issue. Mom wants to watch videos (evening tv is not inspiring her) since she sees me sneaking online in the basement after sibling heads in for work. I am only going twice per week to the library for printing and computer use in the pleasant A/C due to the heat of the week and late morning library opening time. Hope that means some of my library holds will be ready for Friday pickup. Decided I must have the four first seasons of CHiPs on DVD to watch through as the Charge TV station signal over the air is seldom strong enough for more than a few seconds at a time.

Today is the 7th business day since my online photo order. No delivery yet-better be ready tomorrow!

BTW Shoppers PHoto has some specials on its website, including 25% off three different print sizes. Not aware of any min. print order size this time. Offer ends on August 21. I have not attempted to try my PC Optimum login today--have been out of luck for 8 days now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had my medical trip today. It went pretty well.

Sobeys new flyer. I found a deal. My kids love apple sauce cups for the school lunches.
    $2.49 compliments apple sauce cups + 50AM wub4 = $1.18 = $0.196/each
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Aug 12th, 2020 at 11:28 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! A little overcast here today but I see the sun behind the clouds. Had to cancel DS's hair appointment as he ended up going to First Choice on his way to camping as he said he needed to get rid of his mop ASAP! Glad I texted him yesterday telling him about the appointment I booked so he was able to tell right away he didn't need it. We will go to the new place for sure next time.

DS needs to cut the grass today. I need to put laundry on but thinking I may wait incase it rains. Maybe I will just hang to dry inside to be safe.
    Taking the empties to the beer store for sure today. I need to get rid of the junk in my vehicle!

Camping trip with another couple booked in 2 weeks. Will be a test to see what I can bring with only my back pack as we are portaging

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, Granger and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -back home at 9.30 a.m after sleeping at daughter;s -we had side ribs ,corn and roasted potatoes last night at daughter's nice eating at their house.

Yesterday i found in my basement in a tote matchbox and hot wheel cars of my son's ,sebastian took a double decker bus home and a white car ,but i also will take a few to the girls -there is an ambulance metal car that actually makes sounds still and it is for sure 30 years old as my son is 35.Glad i hung onto some toys .

Tired but i did one load have to go hang to dry .Plus i need to go to bank and deposit 2 cheques -one is caddle and the other is $189 back from our car insurance we cancelled .Saving about $ 600 from car and house insurance from changing companies

The kids back to school clothing is in from the gap i got ashlyn leggings ,horse sequin shirt and a undershirt all for 27.00 all half off at the gap and sebastian i got him a henley shirt and joggers and a fire truck t-shirt all for 24.00 from the gap .I like to buy them a new outfit

Also picked up a cute summer dress size 4 for cara for next easter $6.20 reg 19.99 at the gap,i just hang it in my closet ,so i know what i have .Always thinking ahead for really good deals .
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information