User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Raining here but will head out regardless. My book store called and they are getting magazines in again and they have me on a list of a set of magazines. They call when they are in so I do not have to keep checking. Pleased to see they are restarting the magazines and will head up and grab the ones that have come in!

Stay dry all!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taco meat is cooked and cooling off. Just have to wash the pan from cooking it.
    Then scrub the sink, stove and counter.
    Tomorrow I will take the odd packages of meat in kitchen freezer for the bbq. Will make baked potatoes too. Ceaser salad to go with it. That is dinner tomorrow night. I will cut up carrot sticks for a snack (have 4 lbs to use up)

Have a load of laundry in the washer. DS's work clothes he wore all weekend and needs for tonight.

Trying to get motivated to post stuff for sale but think I'm better to tidy the garage so I can move stuff in there and post it for sale as I do.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Popped out quick to GT since they had blocks of cheese on for $3.97. Grabbed a pack of 500 ct Organic cotton swaps (like Qtips) on for $2. Rang in at $2.50 so SCOP applied and free for me. Will try them out for that price

Our town is packed! OMG the cars. Huge line up at RCSS. (I wanted .99 romaine) Will have to pop out there later.

Lunch today- Toast roast beef sandwich.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Aug 4th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well decided to pay our 2019-tax-year taxes owed today. Even though they have extended the payment date yet again I just wanted it done and out of the way.

Now I do not need to remember to do it later

Time for a martini to celebrate and for dinner it will be Mediterranean takeout.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad that @Granger mentioned car insurance rebates-CAASCO sent Mom and Bro letters about rebate cheques coming this month, so something to look for in the mail!

I got a photo file from my friend so I will pop into Shoppers to print that one photo to add to a photo album. Yesterday, I reorganized one small album so pictures seem to be in sequence and I have some pages empty for additional future images. Even got a Dynamo label attached to the spine of the album so I know what's in said album

Mom's cucumber patch finally had a few cucumbers (about 5-6" long) worthy of picking and eating after the soaking rain in the afternoon. We watched the 2018 version of Little Women (quite energetic and fairly true to original story) at night and I had a good cry afterwards. Felt like it was needed, as some dialogue really touched my heart and my mind.

This morning, hydro crews came back to work on other side of street. Will see if they tend to the dangling wire they left on Sunday as Internet is still MIA at our house. Bro has cable service in tomorrow. I used wi-fi and library Internet today.

I feel like potato roasting or making a lentil stew is possible in August! I have not felt inclined to cook more than water for pasta or Liptons soup in 4 weeks. Fresh produce is low at home-might need to do a grocery trip tomorrow.

Enjoy the breezy day and sunshine! More rain will visit us in Southern Ontario and some thunder will accompany it.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

while we were moving DD I regaled her with stories of my student moving days. One time my sis and I were moving out of an apt on Queen Street in London. We were just about to leave and we found one kitchen drawer that we forgot to pack-having no boxes left we packed the whole drawer!-this is not quite as bad as it sounds as the apts were being fully renoed by the new owners.

The new owners also asked if they could buy two of the dressers from us-we said sure-but what we neglected to tell them was that they already owned them as they had come with the place!! Now admittedly that was a bit naughty but they offered us $40 and we accepted. We still laugh about this move 40 years later.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today off i went to girlfriends from noon til 4 for a lovely visit (i curled my hair ,wore a long black skirt and a nice dressy tank top) when i arrived she said "you look so nice today"

We chatted and had a great time over tea ,crackers ,fruit salad and cheese .
    You know it felt so normal and thats what i needed some girlfriend time .

Outdoors most of time til it rained then indoors for a bit -fun day .

The guy that messaged last night for a pickup didnt show and no reply today -uggg some people on kijiji ,no common manners .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh and got my simons order in today 13 days it took (not bad)
    The underwear for hubby (he loves them)
    fig bathroom and room spray -i love it
    (2) kitten tea towels a gift for a friend

All items were very nice -i am impressed

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Taco salad for dinner. Yum!!!

Laundry on the go. Will continue in the morning and get it all put away.
    Tomorrow DS and i head to the garage. He will be my errand boy. I will point and he will make it disappear ( like the Got Junk commercial lol)

Did i mention our microwave died last week? Ive had it about 13 years and my sister used it for years. I didn't want to buy new since new appliances for kitchen include over the range microwave. Found one for $10 and its high quality and so clean. We only use it to heat stuff up etx but boy when its not working you seem to want to use it for everything l!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Fyi at Costco the puma socks for ladies and men 8pk are on sale for the month of August. $8.99 i believe. Good price. Im stocking my boys up!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys shopping trip this evening.
    Scoped Rice Krispies $6.49 vs $2.99 on the shelf
    $4 in coupons
    $7.20 for 10% off Earned
    37AM
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

One day back at work and I am tired. I finally had luck with the freebies. It must have been the threat of going to Value Village so three things are ready for pick up in the morning. Took a few books to the little free library and came home empty handed so that’s a win.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Up early at left at 7.30 to drop ashlyn off at the horse farm for 9.00 a.m for my son_she was so happy yesterday to pet horses and brush them and ride them,on the way back had hubby stop at zarkys .

I spent 31.00 but some prices so cheap leaf lettuce 1.29 -fresh bagels 2.99,they also had real whip cream 2.99 plus yukon potatoes were 5.99 a 10 pound bag(not cheap but i wanted them) and i cant seem to find the yukon potatoes lately plus their deli meat and mozzerella cheese.

Just hung a load out to dry and i will pop over to sobeys at some point today have an offer 25 airmiles when you buy almost anything ,if it doesnt ring in i will just call them they are good .
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Cloudy windy day but the sun is trying to shine. I have a load in the washer that I will hang out to dry.

I need to get gas today since I have a PC offer that ends today- $30 gas for 3000 PC pts. That is all I plan to spend today.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just went to sobeys spent 86 and got 88 airmiles from my personal offers & 25 when you buy anything(had to call in for that one)

Then a new dollarama store by me has only been 4 days now -so i go in and spent 19.00 .I noticed the 2 colouring books i got (one rang in 3.50 the other one was 2.50) the sign under the teenage mutant ninjas and monster high colouring book both said 2.50 ,so a manager followed me over to the section.I said see they are both marked 2.50 .She said "so you want me to give you a dollar " yes i said as the sign stipulates that .So as she opened a cash drawer she mumbled "we have only been open a few days -it takes awhile to get the kinks out"I dont know why she had to add that in clearly we both saw the pricing .
    Giseledta, Ciel and GoodBoy like this.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information