User Tag List

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1694Likes

Thread: August 2020 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    My daughter just went home with her hubby they are going out for supper and to a van gough exibit in toronto .

So i told sebastian nana will make a chicken supper with mashed potatoes tonight and frozen corn ,we have him til wednesday and we leave at 2.30 p.m .

My daughter treated us to a patio early super yesterday 3.15 p.m on locke street"earth to table bread bar" nice and social distancing on their front of store -infact the whole street is shut down to cars til sept i think ,so nice to enjoy sitting out ,some feeling of normalcy except when we had to use the washroom we masked up to go inside .We had margerita pizza and skinny fries also to share .
    What did they think of the Van Gough exhibit? Was it at AGO?

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Had our first big outing to local Zoo - Safari Niagara. Felt very safe. It was busy, but not enough to make me uncomfortable and everyone was following protocol. Was $80 for the 4 of us (mom, 2 DD and me). Paid for adult tickets and got kids free with a coupon we received in a Happy Meal.

We did the paddle boats, carousel, bouncer, took the tram around twice and did a full walking tour of the Silent Forest which is a section out of the way and has a lot of the cats and wasn't busy at all.

Tomorrow, nothing and Sunday I go for my second COVID test to visit grandparents indoors for LTC.
    Last edited by Granger; Fri, Aug 14th, 2020 at 06:32 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today we won a $10 Dollarama gc from a local litteracy activity, submitted a pic of their science experiment.

We have also been entering contests with another litteracy group that I volunteered with for 8 years. This summer they are doing things differently due to Covid. They’ll be giving away books, pencils, etc.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -my daughter and her hubby loved the van gough exhibit ,not sure where it was .I think she said outside and inside but it was like 3-d and beautifull ,her hubby bought the tickets for her birthday .

Today i went off to babysit ashlyn took her to the bank as i had to be there ,first in line and out with our masks .
    Then into shoppers for a treat mike and ikes and a small beanie change purse .

Then we drove over to the splash pad and playground by ashlyn's school ,talked to a grade 2 teacher (not ashlyn's new teacher) .Then talked to a mother with a disabled 2 year old and a little girl who played with ashlyn for 2 hours we stayed at the spalsh pad .Then home i got ashlyn to do a bit of school work in a book they bought her ,and we tried on clothing to see what fit- afew shirts and 2 dresses no longer fit and 3 pairs of socks .

Then we laughed and read a book and then i relaxed for a few minutes before son came in .

Treat for hubby and i tonight wings and fries from fortinos i had a points offer and i had a wrap and butternut squash soup .yummmmm
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    It is official I am going to have to work this weekend to try to get caught up. It is what it is, I am at a point where I don't want to say I don't care but really there is no point in being upset, it is what it is.

I got some of it done tonight, might see if I can push through and get a few more things done. I am getting super tired.

Mom did the dish today, yippee and I washed the dinner dishes so we have a clean kitchen. I hate waking up to a dirty kitchen, something about first thing in morning having to tackle the kitchen seems to set the tone for the day.

Alright I need to get back at this before I lose all my focus and ambition. Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well my Mum (88) is moving here from Toronto tomorrow and staying with us for awhile-we are going condo shopping on Monday morning. Luckily the family I babysit for is away for a week so I will have lots of time to run her around to set up banking, healthcare etc. DD and boyfriend plus brother and cousin are coming for a few days at the end of the month so our house will be hopping.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I made the decision last night that when I got up this morning I was going to treat today like a work from home day, get up and get straight to work. I was worried if I started doing other things or shift my focus I would keep putting my work stuff off. The stuff I need to work on today is the stuff I need to be super focused on and takes your full attention so focus is needed.

But I also decided every hour or two I would force myself to take a break for my own well being, normally during breaks I would do housework but today I am just taking breaks so I can shift my focus and hopefully keep myself on track. Like I said today's tasks are those you have to be super focused on and cannot stop midway through and can be a bit draining mentally.

I do not know if it was because I was thinking about work before bed but I kept waking up thinking I had slept in and was late for work and slept through my alarm. Just after 6 I woke up with a jolt thinking I slept in and needed to be the branch today, at that point there was no going back to bed so I got up ans started working.

It was nice to be up early as it was cool outside so I opened up all of the windows and got some fresh air in the house. I felt guilty that I was not cleaning but the floors can wait this work stuff has to be done for Monday. It was nice even though I probably won't get to cleaning at least I was able to air the house out and I even felt a bit of a chill sitting here working away.

I still need to come up with a plan for dinner, Mom is working today (hoping she makes it all day, she is having some pains in her side and they rescheduled her ultrasound to this morning so she got her ultrasound before she went to work, it really hurts to have her side touched so now she in a fair amount of pain) so dinner is on me.

Thinking this afternoon when I take a break I might make Chicken Fajita Rice in the Instant Pot and that can be my lunches this week. I think if I add some lettuce and tomatoes to it I can stretch it out and one batch will last me almost all week for lunches. I need to find some quick and easy solutions for the week since I am pretty sure it is going to be an insane week so if I can have lunches and breakfasts in the fridge that will be a huge help.

Alright time to get back at it. Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Aug 15th, 2020 at 11:25 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    barbis -my daughter and her hubby loved the van gough exhibit ,not sure where it was .I think she said outside and inside but it was like 3-d and beautifull ,her hubby bought the tickets for her birthday .

Today i went off to babysit ashlyn took her to the bank as i had to be there ,first in line and out with our masks .
    Then into shoppers for a treat mike and ikes and a small beanie change purse .

Then we drove over to the splash pad and playground by ashlyn's school ,talked to a grade 2 teacher (not ashlyn's new teacher) .Then talked to a mother with a disabled 2 year old and a little girl who played with ashlyn for 2 hours we stayed at the spalsh pad .Then home i got ashlyn to do a bit of school work in a book they bought her ,and we tried on clothing to see what fit- afew shirts and 2 dresses no longer fit and 3 pairs of socks .

Then we laughed and read a book and then i relaxed for a few minutes before son came in .

Treat for hubby and i tonight wings and fries from fortinos i had a points offer and i had a wrap and butternut squash soup .yummmmm
    @coupon girl your granddaughter is very lucky to have you. She is learning about banking because of you. Nice idea to go to the school to get her thinking about September. And good on ya for getting her to do a bit of school work.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thanks shwa girl -i cashed a cheque from caddle for 20.00 yesterday and my dear 6 year old granddaughter said "nana how is that fair you got 20.00 from the bank and the tooth fairy only gave me 4.00 for my tooth ".I laughed and tried to expalin to her the bank does not give out free money as that was nana's (only they had to change the cheque in to cash for me)

I went to shoppers this morning saved 65.00 by redeeming 50,000 points ,so nice in my eyes got a few meds ,heartburn etc and treated myself to a lily of the valley summer spray from Yardley -so nice and refreshing to me .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all.
    working a bit on a flooring thing i have got going. hoping to have it done soon.
    sent a message to middle asking to skpe... hope they see it . sigh

went to independent today. they increases thier prices. i am highly not impressed. i talked to my mom about her switching her order to RCSS . fingers crossed. i am so not pleased with indepenet. and i get that masks suck.. but.. wear them properly if you are working.. ya know .. cover your nose... sigh...

ok. came home.. put stuff away. had a anxsity attack . gotta love them
    plan is to work on the floor. and get the kitchen spotless.

tomorrow, i will work on the yard. might watch a movie tonight. maybe.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**Hugs** Giseledta

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Shopping took longer than expected, but I made out good with the sales.

Second hand store had a 50% off everything sale. Too many customers and the employees weren’t very nice.
    I bought all of this for $23.50
    3x pants for Dh (one pair said DH’s size, but they’re too small in him so I’ll donate them)
    3 pairs of pants for twin girl
    5 items for ds
    3 items for myself

Sobeys $94.13 oop
    redeemed $60 in Air Miles
    used $13.49 in coupons
    earned 526 Air Miles
    I also got a Mega Miles for the new Air Miles promotion that just started.
    I stocked up on unsweetened apple sauce cups with an air Miles offer.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Aug 15th, 2020 at 04:59 PM.
    Giseledta, Purdee, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just so many hugs to you @Giseledta it is hard to suffer anxiete panic crisis...I do so many lately too.....
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!! I must said I am not in the best mood those days...like I said above lots of anxiety and crisis of panicking....not funny ... At a level that i just cannot return to school for september I am not subscribed.....that is a bad choice of myself but I just cannot think about dealing myself with anxiety and mask in september...will resee my plan in october or do online course...I have no idea what is going out with me lately....I have some health issues to deal with too..depression and others things....I know i deceive a lot of people but i listened the little voice in me...I will have to find a manner to occupy my time....receive another chapmans 4$ coupon in the mail...no idea why....take care and have a good night all
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Well 3 large cups of tea, a few breaks and by 2 pm I have 2 new roles created (these are a pain to make, they take hours, just one section of set-up is over 2000 lines you have to go through) and 4 new users setup in the system. So our new users will be able to log into the system but won't get training, at least not this week.

I am revamping a simplifying one of our positions so I am working on that now. This will take some time but I am hoping once I get it done for this branch the same concepts can be moved out to other branches. It is one of those things were it is a lot of work upfront but once it is setup it will save us tons of time.

Dinner tonight was Breakfast, I pulled some waffles from the freezer and reheated them in the Air Fryer, still getting the hang of the Air Fryer. I only cooked them 5 minutes turns out 3 minutes probably would have been enough, they did not taste burnt but were very crisp. I also microwaved some bacon I cooked up last weekend. Dinner in under 10 minutes, cannot complain about that.

This afternoon well I worked I watched Crazy Rich Asians, I rarely watch movies anymore and I was worried, the start of the movie I thought it was going to be another movie that got rave reviews but was not for me. Turns out it was actually a good movie, I enjoyed it.

That is it for me today, Have a great night everyone.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information