User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By markcanucks
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 3 Post By markcanucks

Thread: Will Freshco (etc) price match a PC Optimum Members sale price?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And if they will, do they require that you prove that you're an optimum member by showing your optimum card to the cashier in order to grant you the price match deal (which seems like it would be a strange thing to have to do in a way, but...)?

I've been noticing these special "PC Optimum Members Pricing" deals in many of the PC points/ Loblaws affiliate grocery store flyers as of late, and it just made me wonder if price matching these deals would be possible or not? Or is this the Loblaw Companies' way of attempting to get around having potential customers price match some of their sale offers at competing stores by using this trick to prevent them from being able to price match these specific "PC Optimum Members Pricing" deals completely?

For example, since there's no No Frills store that's all that close by to me, I wanted to pick up a bunch of these Silk non-dairy beverage cartons this week at Freshco by price matching the deal in the current No Frills flyer (with its "PC Optimum Members Pricing" sale offer of $1.97 and a non-member sale price of $2.77 for the 1.89L cartons). But I'm worried that they might refuse the price match at checkout.
    Name:  2020 m08 18 18;40;53 - No Frills (ON) Flyer August 13 to 19.png
Views: 434
Size:  155.1 KB

I know I could always just ask a cashier in the store before bothering to gather the items in my cart, but I just thought I'd ask here, first, to see if someone else already has the answer to save me the small bit of social awkwardness that I often feel when asking about price matching issues in person.

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: FreshCo, Loblaws, No Frills, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by markcanucks; Tue, Aug 18th, 2020 at 08:06 PM. Reason: price correction
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Best guess is that it's probably YMMV since individual Freshco stores seem to have some leeway in terms of which competitors to PM, how many items, etc.
    CheriLyn and markcanucks like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah, I think you're right about the YMMV guess.

I just went to Freshco shortly after I made my post to take a shot at this price match.

I took a risk by bringing the cartons to the checkout with me without asking beforehand about the price matching rules in this case, but the cashier didn't seem to even notice the "PC Optimum Members Pricing" specification when I showed her the flyer photo (or maybe she was already fully aware of this sale price from other customers price matching it earlier in the day/ week and this is just something she and/ or the store is used to accepting? Not sure, of course, because I never asked).

Maybe I just got lucky.
    couponlady, dededi and CheriLyn like this.

Thread Information