User Tag List

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have a 7 year old LG electric glass top stove. A few days ago I noticed a burning smell. Seems no matter what burner I use, there is a burning smell. The glass top is very clean, no food particles or anything. The smell is kind of like plastic burning. The thing is, sometimes the smell is there, sometimes it is not. Today it was strong so I thought, ok not gonna use the stove anymore. I really don't want a repair person in the house during a global pandemic due to a family member be high risk but not sure what else to do. Has anyone else had a burning smell from their glass top stove and what was the issue? Any advice would be appreciated thank you !
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How odd...has the wiring/electrical outlet been checked? Although I imagine that would create that smell each time you used it. Have you tried doing a search for that problem?

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    How odd...has the wiring/electrical outlet been checked? Although I imagine that would create that smell each time you used it. Have you tried doing a search for that problem?
    Thank you for replying. Yes I have googled and gone on Youtube. etc. Someone else asked a similar question on reddit but got no good answers. I think it might be the stove's thermostat. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to reply !

Thread Information