User Tag List

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sauce is done and cooling on the counter. I filled a mason jar to deliver to my mom today.
    I had some cooked pasta in the fridge so had some for lunch!
    Now to wash up the few dishes in the sink. I think I am done in the kitchen today.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    ave

Mine are all ripe and ready! I have been giving them away as they ripen to friends etc. Now they are all ready to make sauce. My 1st time!
    That’s awesome @Frugalbigmama what variety of peppers did you plant. My DH plant hot peppers ever year since we like to eat really hot and spicy food. Still have frozen peppers in the freezer from last year.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s Friday, which means that I’m not expected to be live with my students the entire day. I had a short video meet to get them started this morning, then they moved onto their independent work that I planned for the day. It took most of the morning for me to write and send individualized emails out to each of my families. I hope that they appreciate it. I’m sure I’ll get some questions that I’ll reply to this afternoon. We had a 2hrs staff meeting yesterday at the end of the day. We made it through the first week. It’s quite a relief, but I still have so much more to prepare.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just got back from my walk 20 minutes ,but today my legs felt it (rubbery).

Hubby went to pick up ashlyn from school ,this is his new retired job 2 or 3 times a week ,At least he parks his car at son's and walks the 13 minutes over to the school .

I live across from an elementary school and all the cars ,wow they are parking on our crescent which is no problem .It just gets so busy around 3.00 p.m .A truck was whipping around the crescent and i had to skoot fast as i was in middle of the road .
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

FRIYAY. My work week was one day too long. I had to deal with a bunch of students today who think they are above the rules (for safety).

Watching TV with the kiddos now and eating pizza. I will probably sleep forever. Tomorrow is hubby's bday, nothing planned other than bake a cake with the kids.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD:Did you ever forgot to pass 1 coupon or doing a price matching and notice only after when it was too late?
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    QOTD:Did you ever forgot to pass 1 coupon or doing a price matching and notice only after when it was too late?
    @cath007 sometimes if I am in a rush but rarely

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -i have forgotten a coupon over the years ,always remember to price match thou.

Up early this morning wowser pretty cold in the house .I went to shoppers spent $74.29 and used my points and only paid $5.29 after cpns and checkout51.

Have a pick up of a blouse $4.00 at 12.30 .The other day 2 of the people didnt show ,frustrating sometimes .I will keep plugging away at it thou.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just kind of happen to me, I forgot to check my receipt and they did not do my price match on Butter. Good news Mom went back yesterday with my receipt and the butter and they processed a return and repurchase for $12 back.

Also on that note Cath it is now been announced at our local Wal-Marts that Price Matching will also stop here on the 15th. Locally people are not happy but it looks like Freshco will be gaining a lot of business since they still price match.

I read an article where Wal-Mart says they have discontinued Price Matching as the number of people Price Matching has decreased but based on the reactions I am seeing and let's just put it this way 2020, I find that a bit shocking.

I have to admit we have had many conversations lately about how to tweak out grocery shopping, we were loving once a month shopping and shopping at Costco was allowing this as most produce will last a month but there prices are going up. I am hopeful later today I can sit down with my budget (I have not updated in almost a month but outside of my ground beef purchase, I know we are track) and see exactly where we are (there should be an overage for groceries) and I can plan from there.

I think right now my plan is one big shop at Costco once a month but having $20-$50 a week I can spend locally on sales and fresh stuff. Doing it this way, if I miss a week or two here or there it won't be a big deal we will have what we need on hand but will hopefully see my spending go down. Back during the peak of Covid I had the time and energy to make things at home like Pasta Sauce and BBQ Sauce but right now with my schedule it is just too unrealistic so I need the sales. Sometimes it just has to come down to your sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think Walmart is just getting greedy and that is why they are not price matching. Price matching does slow the cashier down and Walmart is all about $$$.

Watched Parasite last night from the library - interesting movie. I wasn't sure if the subtitles would bother me, but on my 50 inch tv, it was ok. Tonight is Frozen 2 again from the library. I also finished Melania and Me and have started the book about Trump written by his niece. I can't believe all the books out about Trump - I don't recall any written about the Obamas.

House was cool this morning, and I'm using my heated blanket as I check my emails, etc. I have already started using my heated seats in my truck. They said on the news that the temperature is below what is normal this time of year. At least the sun is shinning

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Getting things done around the house today. Curtain rod put back up. 2 coat racks finally put up.

Popped out to SDM because i had 20x wus $50.
    I bought:
    4 butter
    2 eggs
    1 almond butter
    12 x 2 pack Dove shampoo/conditioner combo.
    Used $6 in coupons for the Dove.

I did not need the shampoo but it was a deal with coupons and 20x the points.
    Its consumable so im ok with getting it.
    Will rotate my stock.
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!!
    Today I am taking it relax !!!!
    I am working in my grocery budget
    ( I want to know how much we spend per week in grocery shopping,menus planning )
    and witch food and non perisable food and drink I can stock up that they are good bb date .
    I am debatting if I should go next week to the orchard or just buy my apples at the grocery...
    I love the orchard turnovers ans want to bake apple sauce and apple crisp and cake with apple !!!
    Have a great evening and night everyone!!!

I forgot 2 price matching yesterday because I was so tired and my list was long...bad me....I am so frustrated by that...will double check for the next time...lol...
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Cath, I am not sure what store it was but at some stores if you take the receipt, product and flyer back they will refund and re process but depending on the amount it may not be worth it.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Re: price matching
    I miss getting the No Frills and RCSS flyer for this. I would group stuff in my cart with the flyer so i knew what went with what and then the cashier knew everything was to be price matched with the flyer.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Cath, I am not sure what store it was but at some stores if you take the receipt, product and flyer back they will refund and re process but depending on the amount it may not be worth it.
    thanks for the info but it is not worthed for me
    I forgot to pm pm iceberg lettuces so lost of 1,00$
    and the plums I taught it was 2,00$ lbs at maxi but was at super c and forget to pm...but they where 2,99$ lbs at maxi and only took only 7 so not a big lost of money

it is more the fact that i am frustrated by at myself hahah...lol lesson learned always double check

and I had coupons so that did not help my concentration
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Sep 19th, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information