User Tag List

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

you know the offer I talked last week that people abused....well its there for another week with another code and i wont share it
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day it was just insanely busy.

I placed my first Flash Food App, they had some Fresh items on sale plus a couple treats, for $8 I got:
    1 x Broccoli Slaw ($0.94)
    1 x Cauliflower Slaw ($0.94)
    1 x Large Package Baby Spinach ($0.94)
    1 x Cottage Cheese ($1.49)
    1 x Blueberry Loaf ($1.50)
    1 x 20-Pack of Cheese Croissants ($2)

I do not normally buy the slaw packages but I figured for the price I can use them as Stir Fry Veggies for a quick dinner or for Lunches. Spinach and Cottage Cheese are for something I want to make for Mom but I will also use Spinach in other dishes. Blueberry loaf was a treat, it was okay I prefer my homemade baked goods. Cheese Croissants I will freeze and use to make Sandwiches. I am happy with what got for under $8.

I have noticed my local store is also on Flash Food but they seem to mostly offer organic and health foods and from what I can see the pricing is not that good. An example I saw today, Yogurt with expiry tomorrow regularly $4.99 marked down to $4.49.

I think I have quite a bit on hand now that I can work with this weekend to do some Meal Prep, only downside right now is I did not find any fruit, but I do have Frozen on hand so I will make that work.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel, coupon girl and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok, you guys know that I’ve been applying for teaching contracts for a long time. Today I received phone calls from two different school divisions and I now have two job interviews for tomorrow morning. The positions are until the end of January and are distance learning positions. Please wish me luck.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@SassyAshley those are great prices for flash food. My local store is brutal so I rarely bother. The broccoli slaw and the kale slaw are both excellent for making egg roll in a bowl. It freezes well. So makes a great lunch.
    older son made fajitas for dinner today and I used the hot oven to bake a tray of brownies as we are have friends for dinner and the homemade brownie is always a hit. So far no money spent this month. I want to get back on track. So no stocking up and we are using what we have on hand.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok, you guys know that I’ve been applying for teaching contracts for a long time. Today I received phone calls from two different school divisions and I now have two job interviews for tomorrow morning. The positions are until the end of January and are distance learning positions. Please wish me luck.
    @Angela273 good luck will be sending positive vibes your way and saying a prayer for you to get the position
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela good luck on the job interviews
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hockey parents! Sports Chek flyer from last week lists on its last page this offer:
    Save 50% off 10X Skate Sharpening Card (our reg. price $59.99 SALE $29.99)-available in-store only.
    August 27-Sept. 16!

(I was looking at the flyer to look at shoe deals, since one of my runners is doing a split and I saw the offer under a men's shoe from New Balance that might have a less than 1% chance of being in stock in the right width and size...)
    cath007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Happy days!!!! I'm finally gonna get out of my shoebox of an apartment...

My landlord has offered me a new room (same building) on the second floor (Currently on the first floor). He is having some construction guys living in the building for a while, and doesn't want students and them on the same floor, and since I am the only one left on the first floor, I got this "buyout" essentially...

I am going to be getting a much bigger room on the second floor, still including my parking spot for the same rate I am paying now ($550/month), versus the normal/going rate for new leases ($650/month + $100/month for parking = $750/month)...

So for a much better room, I will be paying $200/month less than I should be for it!! Hopefully I can get the keys tomorrow from my landlord and start the move tomorrow... Just getting help with the bigger stuff (Bed, Dresser, Bookshelf) on Sunday or Tuesday...

Now the annoying part... Having to change all my addresses yet again!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

We're still talking new tv and I want the topic to go where the sun does not shine. However, I need to see if silver/gray tvs are to be found in the sizes of interest plus Mom claims she wants the same brand a friend has (her tv was from Costco). I am about ready to scream...Mom is not technology-oriented and where I can find images of remote controls or smart tv screens, I'm looking at how complicated or simple they look. I put Bro's tv, headphone set and dvd player on his table in his room (he did say he wanted tv back in room but funnily enough he did not do the task himself). I switched around two tv stands so the older and nicer one is where the new tv will be and I was able to vacuum some dust that is ordinarily unreachable in weekly cleaning. Gave the wood some cleaner and it smells great. Mom reamed me out for doing all the above. In turn, I went out to the store in the evening...and I

-put $5.35 in Cdn money into the Jumpstart donation box. If I cannot spend it in-store, at least the foundation can put the money to use
    -found a folded $10 bill on my street on the way to the stores. Four people were walking on the opposite side of the street and none of them noticed the bill. I spent the cash on 3 mini-can varieties of pop for the local community food bank at Longos as this is a particular item summer I kept meaning to buy but I spent my summer cash too fast.
    -bought the more expensive Nature Clean liquid soap refill as having liquid soap in the bathrooms is such a convenience and I don't have to wash out slimy soap dishes. Win-win~!
    -got two juices, two packages of reduced apples and the Fall issue of Longo's Experience magazine. I'll post the Turkey Dinner offers for Thanksgiving soon in the Deals subforum with dates and prices.
    -found a clean Walmart bag in some shrubs as I was going through the parking lot. Was able to collect 4 beer cans to redeem later in the week.

At least my evening seems to be uplifting. The day has been another sweat session and 3 nap day. Tomorrow will be cooler (22C-yay!) and I expect to apply myself more outdoors after doing the morning library visit and perhaps a store stop as well. Will hang the laundry outside to dry (I'm washing some loads tonight).

Has anyone popped into Westcliffe Home Hardware on Hamilton Mountain to check out their clearance deals? Just wondering if its summer and gardening stuff or novelties and napkins and more? Sale ends on Sunday. I clipped out the ad and will ask my friend if there's time tomorrow to have a look!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Glad that @cath007 talked about stamps-I need more P-stamps for mail as we're using 1-2 per month and the supply is almost gone. Still need to see if I can find floral or other theme stamps as a change from landscape stamps.
    @cath0007 How wonderful that the woman at the other apartment returned your parcel to you! Maybe you can give her some small gift to say thank you, because she did the right thing.

Fortinos Ancaster has some newer date coupons on its coupon zone board (Clif Bar, Lilydale chicken or turkey $2 off). I missed checking the Fortinos Upper James coupon board as the only one in use is at the West Entrance by the carts (I was going to the checkout entrance near self-checkout and saw the entryway had that full board!) and I used the East Entrance where the CZ board is empty.
    Giseledta and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Angela:wishing you luck and good vibes for those ones!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Happy Birthday to your youngest DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My baby is 16 today. Just made him and a few of his friends a big breakfast/brunch. Peameal, hashbrowns, eggs, toast and strawberries.
    Then they are off to the beach for the day. Enjoy it while they can!

Kitchen is almost clean. Just soaking the peameal pan.

I have a $5 pick up on the porch for today.

Goal today: Finish cleaning the dining room. Almost done! Just need need to move a few bins to the garage then wash the walls and floor.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

That’s amazing news! Congratulations and best of luck with the interviews!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Congratulations on the new apartment! Enjoy your new digs!

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Happy days!!!! I'm finally gonna get out of my shoebox of an apartment...

My landlord has offered me a new room (same building) on the second floor (Currently on the first floor). He is having some construction guys living in the building for a while, and doesn't want students and them on the same floor, and since I am the only one left on the first floor, I got this "buyout" essentially...

I am going to be getting a much bigger room on the second floor, still including my parking spot for the same rate I am paying now ($550/month), versus the normal/going rate for new leases ($650/month + $100/month for parking = $750/month)...

So for a much better room, I will be paying $200/month less than I should be for it!! Hopefully I can get the keys tomorrow from my landlord and start the move tomorrow... Just getting help with the bigger stuff (Bed, Dresser, Bookshelf) on Sunday or Tuesday...

Now the annoying part... Having to change all my addresses yet again!!!
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just readed that 1 case of covid19 was detected at my school...and 6 students in isolation...gosh this is stressfull for me who want to return to the school in october.....
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information