User Tag List

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I was so excited by my new aspirator that I put it togheter and vacuumed the living room (most dust where in there) it is a powerfull one but father has and will clean the dust in the reservoir not to familliar with this

I regret to not had buy 2 packages of those brochettes they where delicious....oh well we gain and loose some in life I guess

Does dollorama have garbage bins for the kitchen...? I regret to did not go see ..I paid mine 14$ ....

have a wonderfull evening and night everyone!!!!
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Ok, well my plans for today changed, originally I was going to do house stuff until Noon and then I was going to switch to work but my focus for work was not there and honestly I just wanted to get stuff done.

All bedding and couch blankets are done, beds are remade
    Mom did on Darks on Friday when she was off so once the bedding was done I did a mixed load of Whites & Towels. These have been washed, dried, folded and even put away (well except Mom's they are on her bed), so not all laundry is done
    Kitchen is clean, other counter top has been wiped down and one more cupboard scrubbed, the other will wait, I am starting to feel it in my back
    I took 2 trips out with Cardboard recycling, I just went through the house and picked up random stuff that has been left laying around, I broke it down and took our box of boxes out plus a some big pieces that did not fit in the box

I really wanted to do more cooking but did not want to dirty the kitchen again, so maybe tomorrow morning I will get up and do a few more things. I want to try making egg bites for Mom, I need to find something for my breakfast, I want to try making Homemade Alfredo Sauce (I have an idea for a dish using Zucchini, mushrooms and spinach), plus I need to cut up more lettuce for this week.

I really really really need to make a Costco run but I am worried with it being a short week this week is going to be even worse, so yeah, not sure what to do there yet.

I still need to mop down the floors but I wanted to get the cupboards done first and the bathroom still needs to be done.

Now that everything is done I have taken a nice relaxing shower and am going to get some work done before I crawl into my nice clean bed.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... I am finally moved into my new apartment. Got some help from one of my coworkers for the big stuff which was nice. Have to pickup some bed rails from my parents to prop my bed up a little more. Then changing over all my addresses to the new apartment number...
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you everyone for the kind words, honestly I do not know how to feel right now.

I feel bad because my boss was just the messenger my real issue is with Dad. I know most would say I need to face this head on but honestly with everything else going on right now I just do not think I have debating my career with Dad in me right now. If he reaches out to talk, I will talk but he will have to come to me as I am still in the production plant (he works out of our other production plant).

I thought about just being upset and not working this weekend to prove a point but really it doesn't prove a point it would just be further behind and put more stress on me.

Really at the end of the day until Dad wants to talk there is nothing I can do and the information I was given second hand so I have to wait until I can talk to Dad. Moments like this, I really wish Dad and I had a better relationship.

I know my Dad is always there for me and always will be but we really did not form a relationship until I started working for the company, I was much closer with Mom's side of the family vs Dad's. I went to Dad's every other weekend but Dad was usually working so I spent most of my time with my Step-Mom. I get along with my Step-Mom but she is the complete opposite of my Mom so that was hard for me as a kid. I have always found when it comes to Dad and his side of the family I feel like an outsider.

I was the only one who lived with my Mom so all of the siblings grew up together and still are close to this day and well I am the outsider. It is getting better I have formed relationships with some of them but it hard for me. Some things have happened and been said that sometimes I feel like I get included out of pity or guilt that they don't include me more so I feel like I never know if they really want me there.

It is complicated but as is life and the complicated factor just goes up when you all work together too.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Sep 6th, 2020 at 06:48 PM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks for sharing sassy

Well my dear son called at 5.00 p.m and said change of plans we are now coming -uggg i had to make another run out to the grocery store sobeys and buy more meat and corn (got the last pkg of corn and i asked if they may mark it down as one was a bit bad (3.99 produce manager said ) Funny i asked at shoppers over the summer as same thing happened out of a pkg of 5 corn 2 were not good but at shoppers they said we cant mark it down .

I love when i have my son/daughter and their spouses and my grandkids all here ,nice to enjoy them all. but i didnt enjoy going to the same store twice today ,as i am tired.

I did 2 loads hung them to dry and vacuumed and made the bed for my daughter and her family we give them our queen bed and i sleep in a twin and hubby sleeps in a double bed (too hard for me)I didnt get my dusting done ,hubby washed the floors for me today and did the dishes ,nice help.
    Giseledta, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oy!! @SassyAshley and @coupon girl we are three for three!
    We were all excited about having our eldest son join us for a late evening BBQ and laughs ( it has been so long since we have been able to see him...wah!! stupid Covid! )
    Well after I went and made some of his favourite things i get a call that work pulled a fast one on him and he is on call for the weekend!!
    I am so deflated.
    The rest of us will feast without him but there may be tears falling onto my plate knowing he is all alone and working.

I hope both of you work through your unexpected turn of events. Sigh...First World problems, I know.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The cool winds this weekend is definitely causing tea time to be real--like this morning (helped to perk me up and freshen the kitchen since Mom did a night fry of doughnuts and the oil aroma lingered). Earl Grey decaf tea to be precise (and with sugar and milk to make every drop of two cups go down).

Yesterday, I asked Mom if she was going shopping for groceries due to long weekend. She had no intention of doing so as foodwise she has what she needs. She did tell me to make a list-I did not as why bother. Noticed we are down to one green bin bag. I'm sure the flyers in the blue box will come in handy tomorrow!

I treated myself to a Pizza Pizza supper last night-two slices, apple juice and the garlic bread (5 slices in a box; no more sticks). Super yummy and I ate the pizza at a bus stop, I was that hungry for protein. 2 slices of garlic bread ended in the fridge, but Bro must have taken up my offer to have it despite later going for a big Taco Bell takeout run (he did not offer me anything, sniff). Thought it would be faster to pick two pizza slices from the display than ask for a medium pizza to be made. Enjoyed myself but it's been a long time since I had their pizza. Turned in my bottle and cans to collect $2 in refund money as well (sweet).

It occurred to me that Youtube viewing would be made much simpler if Mom bought a curved gaming monitor, attached it to a CPU and keyboard and click to connect online to the Youtube sight. OR get an all in one monitor cpu like Burlington Public Library uses (with DVD drive built in!) or that Mohawk College uses in their learning commons/library areas. It would save the hassle of repeatedly telling MOm why she has to aim the dvd remote a certain way as usually she holds it at an angle like one would with a book in order to look at the buttons. Which does nothing for the device to respond to intended commands. The all in one unit would be great and there's a keyboard left from the old unit I used to use downstairs. Just have to see if Mom and Bro are on board with idea. Not sure how many monitors or computers allow for digital tuning (for TV and to attach over air antenna connector) but simplifying Youtube access seems the best thing. Today, Bro's new internet router came from Amazon and it's about half the size of the current one.

Motivation to do much of anything has slipped into the sky. I was online while Mom had two friends over in the afternoon. Tomorrow is re-focus and get on with it day--the backlog of pants hemming and other little tasks that must be done.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Discovered that I like better oasis good morning smooties mango tropical fruits than yoplait drinkable yogurt and the oasis has more 1 l vs 1,36 l lol and cheaper at maxi than iga not surprise me...iga is so expensive...so with coupon its 2,48$ instead of 3,99$ for yoplait...sad I did just take 10 coupons for the smoothies........wouldl have like to knew that before lol

that is on grocery shopping list with 3 laughing cow cheese and a few others things tuesday
    Last edited by cath007; Sun, Sep 6th, 2020 at 07:36 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

About that Uncle Ben's coupon-our Moneysaver coupon insert came plastic wrapped in the mail mid-week. We got double pages of the cat and dog food coupons but I did not see that UB coupon.
    Giseledta, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

new goal : take some time to calcul and find those deals!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will just say it 1 time on here for those who want the 3$ charmin coupon I figure it out my error its only 1 print per account per computer i think

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Not a good start to the long weekend so far. Today was another total insane day, we were so busy, when I left work I had over 80 emails sent to me I had not even read.

My boss came to me and told me he is happy with my work but mentioned he spoke with my Dad yesterday about some things and my Dad mentioned he will be sitting down and talking to me.

Not sure what has happened but my sister started working for the company a month and a half ago and somehow she has leapfrogged me and is involved in all of the upper level stuff I have been working for years to be involved in. Guess the theory of me being the girl was wrong, my family can be a little old school.

I was also told they understand a lot is on me right now but there is also a lot of other things I need to be getting done. I was reminded we have a few new staff members who understanbly are not getting training. That was it, I was pretty much in tears. I made it home but when I got home, I fell apart. I am working 12 to 14 hour days and I am fully aware I am behind.

I just really honestly do not know what to do, this is the downside sometimes to working your family is it is impossible to not take it personally. Not to mention watching my younger siblings get ahead of me and it seems like I always seem to come up short.

It is hard, I know my boss is trying to push my career forward but it feels like it will not happen. It feels like I cannot win, I used to be told I was not involved because I was too close with staff and there were claims I told things I should not have, but I was also able to prove that was not me. Now I was told I am not expressive enough and there are concerns about me being involved at that level.

What can I say just a really big blow especially considering guess who gets to work all weekend.

Really trying to let this go but I keep tearing up as I sit here working. But oh well, tis life, better get back at it, I really have a lot to get done this week.
    @SassyAshley ((((HUGS))) My year goes out to you Sometimes family and business does not work.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thank you everyone for the kind words, honestly I do not know how to feel right now.

I feel bad because my boss was just the messenger my real issue is with Dad. I know most would say I need to face this head on but honestly with everything else going on right now I just do not think I have debating my career with Dad in me right now. If he reaches out to talk, I will talk but he will have to come to me as I am still in the production plant (he works out of our other production plant).

I thought about just being upset and not working this weekend to prove a point but really it doesn't prove a point it would just be further behind and put more stress on me.

Really at the end of the day until Dad wants to talk there is nothing I can do and the information I was given second hand so I have to wait until I can talk to Dad. Moments like this, I really wish Dad and I had a better relationship.

I know my Dad is always there for me and always will be but we really did not form a relationship until I started working for the company, I was much closer with Mom's side of the family vs Dad's. I went to Dad's every other weekend but Dad was usually working so I spent most of my time with my Step-Mom. I get along with my Step-Mom but she is the complete opposite of my Mom so that was hard for me as a kid. I have always found when it comes to Dad and his side of the family I feel like an outsider.

I was the only one who lived with my Mom so all of the siblings grew up together and still are close to this day and well I am the outsider. It is getting better I have formed relationships with some of them but it hard for me. Some things have happened and been said that sometimes I feel like I get included out of pity or guilt that they don't include me more so I feel like I never know if they really want me there.

It is complicated but as is life and the complicated factor just goes up when you all work together too.
    @SassyAshley where you choose to live when your parents split up should not affect your relationship with your a Dad . He should give you unconditional love a parent should not choose one child over another. When your Dad is ready to address all the issues he have with you should stand your ground and try and make him understand how you are feeling since your sister is getting to move forward try to be strong and don’t get too emotional. Good luck . I feel for you . I have 2 daughters and there is a 9 year difference and I can never choose one over the other. (((HUGS)))

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

currently waiting on a response on a big trade I want to make ..hope it will work!!!!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    oy!! @SassyAshley and @coupon girl we are three for three!
    We were all excited about having our eldest son join us for a late evening BBQ and laughs ( it has been so long since we have been able to see him...wah!! stupid Covid! )
    Well after I went and made some of his favourite things i get a call that work pulled a fast one on him and he is on call for the weekend!!
    I am so deflated.
    The rest of us will feast without him but there may be tears falling onto my plate knowing he is all alone and working.

I hope both of you work through your unexpected turn of events. Sigh...First World problems, I know.
    Well.... I am on the other side of it, the son that my parents never see because of this COVID stuff... I managed to get Tuesday and Wednesday off to see my family friend in Whitby and my Mom in Peterborough. Then two weeks for now, I got another two days off back to back to see my Dad and Step-mom for her birthday, it's gonna be a surprise, so I'm sure there will be tears too... Normally my work doesn't screw me over too badly, but there have been times they have gotten in the way of me being able to see my family!

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information