User Tag List

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another day down, yes this is how I am tracking them now, although I am feeling a bit better today. Do not get me wrong I was super tired but I forced myself to push through and am happy with what I got done.

Kitchen is clean including the rest of the cabinets, well expect above the stove and fridge as I was not feeling the climbing the ladder today but I am going to consider this done. Dishes are done, put away, dishwasher loaded but not ready to turn on.

I made a Stir-Fry for Dinner using the Broccoli slaw, Ground Pork and some leftover Rice. It was okay, I prefer when I cut the veggies myself and use Nappa but it was a good quick dinner and for the price I got the slaw for, I would do it again.

Bathroom is clean, except the floors, maybe tomorrow night.

It was not a ton done but I am happy it is more than I have been getting done lately so I am happy.

Now, I am trying to get a few things for work.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Frugalbigmama : I got yours coupons today,thanks again and for the extras coupons too !!! You are a very generous person!!! I will put them in good use!!! Have a great evening!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m done day 1 of the 3 days of meetings/training for my new cyber school teaching position. It’s a steep learning curve ahead of me.

Today was Ds’ first day of Grade 3. Tomorrow is his birthday. Thursday is our twins’ first day of Kindergarten.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning . Nice and cool here . Will be going out today to see if I can find the laughing cow cheese coupon and the Cracker Barrel coupon at RCSS we used a lot of cheese so these will be nice to have to save some $.

Happy Birthday to your DS @Angela273 hope he has a great birthday
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone here use a Homemade Cleaner?

I am looking for something I can make and put in a spray bottle to do things like cleaning down the Kitchen Counters and cabinets. Or even a quick spray down of the Bathroom counter.

I tried the Vinegar one where you put it in a jar with citrus peels and then dilute but Mom hates the smell she says it still smells too much like vinegar.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama: I got yours coupons today,thanks again and for the extras coupons too !!! You are a very generous person!!! I will put them in good use!!! Have a great evening!!!!
    Good, hope you find lots of deals!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! And hump day already! Rainy overcast start to the day.

Since both boys were at work I was able to do laundry last night in peace. I folded as I went so will bring it all upstairs tonight to put away. I have a door rack that I hang yoga pants, bras etc to dry on too so that stuff needs to be put away as well.

I have a few people coming for pick ups for big stuff today. Will have DS deal with it today since he is home and it is raining out so don't want to sit it out on the driveway in the rain. Let's see who follows through on pick up today!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ontario NF and RCSS flyers are posted. Good deals on veggies! We are eating fresh the next week for sure!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Does anyone here use a Homemade Cleaner?

I am looking for something I can make and put in a spray bottle to do things like cleaning down the Kitchen Counters and cabinets. Or even a quick spray down of the Bathroom counter.

I tried the Vinegar one where you put it in a jar with citrus peels and then dilute but Mom hates the smell she says it still smells too much like vinegar.
    Our dear member (whose name slips my mind-wait, it's @sweet sparrow) provided this spray bottle recipe for cleaner (whoops, she called this disinfectant):
    1/2 cup of rubbing alcohol
    1/2 cup of water

I too dislike vinegar's smell but am fine using this alcohol/water combo for surfaces. My Mom cannot stand citrus smells in cleaning products-we have debated that topic too.

I put the solution in a small John Frieda bottle left over when the beach hair spray was used up. Colour of bottle matches some things in the basement bathroom (bonus!).
    @sweet sparrow 's cleaner recipe is the following (found it last night on a card):

All-purpose spray
    1 tsp Dawn dish soap
    2 cups water
    10 drops tea-tree oil
    Mix in clean spray bottle. Spray over toilet/floor. Wipe with paper towel.

Update* @SassyAshley Got the recipes updated. I gave you the disinfectant recipe yesterday, when you asked for a cleaner. All fixed now.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 11:45 AM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check your local Shoppers Drug mart for$1.99 Oasis Smoothie blends in the refrigerated section. My local store has the Strawberry Banana one. THe coupon on the box expired in June but the box usually sells for $5.89. Local store has special until Sept. 30.

Same store has OFF Clip-ON units on clearance for $5.00 but it scanned $9.99 (I did not notice until I left the store and looked at receipt). Missed SCOP. So today I spot someone in the same clearance area and tell her to scan any clearance items at the price checker before going to cash.

Had to buy Kotex Lightdays. Could not find a $3.99 box for 64 count. Everything is either $4.99 or $5.49. Went to Fortinos-found a 96 count Long version on sale for $8.99 (I try to get it for $7.99 on sale) as sale ends today (thought the 129 count box was on sale but I misread the label-it was actually $13.99). The product price seems to have gone up in price even on sale.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its wednesday already. i am totally ready forthe week to be over... at least then we would have infor from the schools. sigh. parents are quietly frustrated with the lackof information from them..... its interesting to hear the conversations from parents....
    my youngest made the choice to move to online for her stuff. sadly, lower grades cannot do that without alot of support.
    certainly makes for tough times.

flyers came in. early. foodland has a couple of items on sale. i will use points . i have a bunch. and realy only need veggies and fruits.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

dont forget to save yours pc offers for tomorrow!!!
    barbis9, Ciel and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

todays deals !!!

• maxi and cie
      bananas 0,25 cent per lbs -wow-( maybe they had ordered too much ) they often do deals like that

2x (4 brochettes per package) chicken brochettes reg:12$ marked down to 4,00$ expire in 2 days ..nothing wrong again they had too much

Dad bought for himself 1 package of 2 t bones steak reg 18$ remarked down to 10$!!! They have at least 20 packages left lol

wm

bought more laughing cow light and smoked ones at 0,97$ after the 1,00$ coupons -I tasted the smoked one and its so crazy good!!!!

*** I donated some to familly and at my father work***6x 10 per packages pappermate pens various colors,black and blue...0,87$ and some where 0,97$ free because I had 6 coupons thanks for the roak of a fellow smartcanuckers!!!!

but I had an argue with the cashier..she said 1 coupon and 1 product not more..I said what???..I asked her kindly to call her supervisor and the supervisor explain here no it is for the coupon with pins numbers ..so my order went trought ....now my wm is 1 pin coupon and just for 1 product at all thanks to the fraudulent people..grrr

it was the same cashier that I had last time and said to me 1 barcode coupon at all ....I totally understand they want to protect their ass and she was probably new one

glad I dont shop there often and do my pm at my maxi and cie
    • metro
      fast and fancy uncle bens instant rice ( I took the chinese ones) x6 @ 0,99

Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 03:52 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good mail day yesterday !!!
    Mcdonals coupons
    Subway coupons
    Harper Bazaar magazine
    Marie-Claire magazine
    Johnsonville 2 fpcs they took forever to arrive -not much variety of products at stores in my city-
    Flyers

was hoping to find more mcdonals and subway coupons booklets in the lobby entrance because the other 3 persons just toss it away when they dont want something»(publicity) but nope no luck grr

also got a roak of coupons

today nothing...
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Ok. Brief update from my hotel room, before going to sleep for the night.
    Lots of info today with so many questions left to be answered. I’m understanding the general approach to the first two weeks of classes. I receive my student list tomorrow and then I’ll be contacting the parents for the first time. I have a brand new Chrome book to use while teaching the course...I’ve never used a Chrome book for teaching, tonight I started setting up my first Google classroom, still have so much to organize and figure out.

Dh was sweet and had my FaceTime while they had the birthday card for ds’ Birthday. Dh picked up a DQ cake for him. Our twins have their first day of Kindergarten tomorrow. Hopefully he remembers to take pictures of them before they leave for school for the day.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information