User Tag List

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I think I will need to know the coupon politic and price matching of wm..they are pm the pharmacies I think..
    maxi and cie only pm ...iga,metro ,super c gt and wm ...lol and provigo I am not 100% sure not 100% sure if it is 3 or 4 items we can pm
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 05:52 AM.
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning up early -yesterday we just had sebastian ,so i took him to dollarama and let him pick out a toy.He picked a bag of 3 animals 3.00 and an aero bar ,i also got him a super heroes lunch bag 4.00.

Hubby rested and we just relaxed ,sebastian played with lego,s then i played with my playdoh set with him .Supper was pizza pizza (it is either hit or miss at this store the pizza was a bit dry ) and i already complained last year to head office and got a free pizza .

I went thru the clothing i am storing for my daughter and found a t-shirt and 2 jackets sebastian can wear from his cousins( 2 boys on my son-in-laws side age 8 and 10) my daughter loves to get used nike jackets ,pants snowsuits etc saves a lot of money .

Today we have ashlyn and sebastian ,we may take them to a wonderfull playground that is 10 minutes from our house .Then home to pack ,we take sebastian back to toronto today at 3.30.We have to wait til son picks up ashlyn

We decided to stay 2 nights at daughter's house thursday and friday ,as sebastian family birthday is on saturday .So why waste gas and come home then go back -my frugal way of thinking .

Who knows if the numbers start to go up plus they will both be in school next week ,then i may not see my grandkids again for awhile ,so may as well enjoy them now .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Ok. Brief update from my hotel room, before going to sleep for the night.
    Lots of info today with so many questions left to be answered. I’m understanding the general approach to the first two weeks of classes. I receive my student list tomorrow and then I’ll be contacting the parents for the first time. I have a brand new Chrome book to use while teaching the course...I’ve never used a Chrome book for teaching, tonight I started setting up my first Google classroom, still have so much to organize and figure out.

Dh was sweet and had my FaceTime while they had the birthday card for ds’ Birthday. Dh picked up a DQ cake for him. Our twins have their first day of Kindergarten tomorrow. Hopefully he remembers to take pictures of them before they leave for school for the day.
    @Angela273 (((HUGS))) sorry that you have the miss these milestone for the twins and you DS Birthday.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    light rain here but will still try to go for a walk. No luck finding the new tear pads yesterday. Kitchen is clean and there is lots of leftovers in the fridge so no cooking for myself and DS my DDs will fend for themselves since the are old enough and vegetarian.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD left on Monday to return to uni and we got Mum moved into her new condo yesterday so just DH and I now. We are both back working. Might be having some friends stay over this weekend. Now shopping for groceries for 2 instead of 7 again!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Thursday! This week is flying by.

Crazy day at work today.

Porch pick up this morning. Item is out from last night.

Pick up at 4 today for large item out of my garage. 99% sure she will show up.

Tonight I will organize my posts and re-post them. I had lots of interest on kids clothing lots but I just wasn't ready to deal with it. My bad.

Left DS instructions on cleaning up the backyard patio (pile the muskoka chairs etc) Hope he can cut the grass too for one last time I am thinking. Then we can put the lawnmower away at the back of the shed. And move a few items from the garage to the shed for the winter.

I thawed out 2 family packs of BLSL chicken overnight. Put it all in a baking dish, seasoned it and have it ready for DS to toss in the oven when he wakes up. I bought fresh wraps/lettuce and we have everything else needed to make wraps. Then he can eat before he goes to work.

I was lazy last night and have to make up for it tonight. Get all the laundry finished and put away. Clean bathrooms. This weekend we tackle DS's bedroom from top to bottom. He has been warned.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well, I got nothing done last night LOL, I worked until about 7 and then fell asleep on the couch.

Originally I had hoped not to work last night but my boss called me on my drive home and well we had a bit of a snowball effect i had to fix. Seem like life this year, literally it feels like there is nothing normal about 2020 right now.

They have given me another tentative date to maybe leave this branch, we are now aiming for my last day to be October 2nd but it is not set in stone. I am at the point of, it is what it is. If we did not have new staff in other locations it would not be an issue but at this rate they are going to pass their 3-month probation before I will be able to provide training.

I so badly need to go grocery but just cannot find the time. Might run into No Frills or Food Basics tonight, they seem to have some good sales that maybe if I can get a few things there I can tide us over another week. The good news is we are fully stocked up on meat but I would like to do one more big Costco Haul before a possible second wave hits. It looks like people are already starting to panic, our local Costcos are again out of Toilet Paper and Paper Towel and some locations are reporting hour long line ups to get in.

Alright time to get back at it. Have a great day everyone
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Entered in 3 contests today !!!! Sure hope to win something,it would be nice!!! @Angela273 : you sure inspiring a lot of us with yours fantastics wins!!!
    Wanted to enter in the janes contest but they excluded qc ..for some reason because of the laws...well I wrothe to janes about that and they are supposed to send out a coupon to me...will see ..i am waiting on a reply back in my e-mails.

Janes is not sold at my maxi ...so will purchase it at SDM,GT or WM

Anyone experiencing problems with facebook..I am on the classic version because I find the new version too complicated and they kept saying they will change my account for the new version in september....that suck
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 10:58 AM.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Well, I got nothing done last night LOL, I worked until about 7 and then fell asleep on the couch.

Originally I had hoped not to work last night but my boss called me on my drive home and well we had a bit of a snowball effect i had to fix. Seem like life this year, literally it feels like there is nothing normal about 2020 right now.

They have given me another tentative date to maybe leave this branch, we are now aiming for my last day to be October 2nd but it is not set in stone. I am at the point of, it is what it is. If we did not have new staff in other locations it would not be an issue but at this rate they are going to pass their 3-month probation before I will be able to provide training.

I so badly need to go grocery but just cannot find the time. Might run into No Frills or Food Basics tonight, they seem to have some good sales that maybe if I can get a few things there I can tide us over another week. The good news is we are fully stocked up on meat but I would like to do one more big Costco Haul before a possible second wave hits. It looks like people are already starting to panic, our local Costcos are again out of Toilet Paper and Paper Towel and some locations are reporting hour long line ups to get in.

Alright time to get back at it. Have a great day everyone
    I think it was just busy because of the long weekend. Now that most kids have gone/going back to school people need stuff.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    DD left on Monday to return to uni and we got Mum moved into her new condo yesterday so just DH and I now. We are both back working. Might be having some friends stay over this weekend. Now shopping for groceries for 2 instead of 7 again!
    Wow, congrats to your dear Mum for finding her new home so quickly! AWESOME
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Entered in 3 contests today !!!! Sure hope to win something,it would be nice!!! @Angela273: you sure inspiring a lot of us with yours fantastics wins!!!
    Wanted to enter in the janes contest but they excluded qc ..for some reason because of the laws...well I wrothe to janes about that and they are supposed to send out a coupon to me...will see ..i am waiting on a reply back in my e-mails.

Janes is not sold at my maxi ...so will purchase it at SDM,GT or WM

Anyone experiencing problems with facebook..I am on the classic version because I find the new version too complicated and they kept saying they will change my account for the new version in september....that suck
    @cath007 There's a Jane's Food contest going on now. Hope you entered your favourite Jane's product!
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are Value Village Super Savers, check your e-mails for the current private member sale offer (if it was sent to you). 30 % off books and media Sept 10-13 but you must have the coupon or offer to show at cash.

Our community paper bundle came this morning. I noticed that the MM Food Market flyer does not show the kitchen tools that are shown on its Community Wrap ad page, so make sure you check both ads for offers. Walmart Flyer came with a Living insert featuring puffer coats, active living products and some grocery or home office items.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @cath007 There's a Jane's Food contest going on now. Hope you entered your favourite Jane's product!
    Thanks!!! Will see if I need to enter the upc because I unfortunnatly toss it away the cartoons because it take so much space in the freezer...
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

QOTD: At Wal Mart or when you do your grocery shopping do you use express line or scan your item yourself at check out?

Me : Yes I use express line when it is possible ..otherwhise the lines are just crazy

I started to use the yourself checkout last week at maxi and cie but I will have to learn to weight my veggies and fruits and deduce my coupons but it is so easy otherwhise and it goes fast altrought you dont are allowed to pay by cash and I dont think I can pm at yourself checkout so I do it and pay debit card when it is possible
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 02:41 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok I must admit I splurged and bought my swiffer wet jet mop!!!!! Found the base who is expensive in my appart was in my house and was in the spare bedroom and I got a deal for the liquid and cleaning mop!!! Happy!!!! Because I have vinyle floors in the whole appart it will be more easy ..will do the cleaning of the floors probably sunday

I see a couple of deals I want to make this week so I will do a shopping grocery list with pm and coupons..

I see 2 good deals on toilet paper but we are stocked for now so I think I will pass on those (but will see if I find a deal to pass my charmin coupons 3$ x 3 before they expire I want a more cheap deal)

will have to pm my iogo harvest recolte yogurt tubs (in iga flyer) at maxi because the coupon is only good there in qc...glad i figure it out instantanly

I sure hope to find more oasis good morning smootie coupons tomorrow at iga even if they expire on sept 30 because I like those smooties

metro and iga seems the only stores to carry tim hortons ice cappuccino and starbucks frappucino small bottles even thought if it was on maxi and wm website availaible in those stores...I checked and nope t hey dont carry it...

I found 2 more sheets of subway coupons and 1 more mcdonals booklet
    no mail today

I will have a nap for now because my lack of sleep since 2 days is killing me lol

Have a good afternoon,evening and night everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Sep 10th, 2020 at 03:05 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information