User Tag List

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath -we haven put our heat on yet ,mind you it was freezing in here yesterday morning and this morning
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    ICYDK ground coffee as well as beans keep quite a bit longer if refrigerated, and even longer if frozen. Also BB dates tend to be less serious for things that take loner to spoil. For example, your coffee will probably be fine for some time, even without refrigeration or freezing. The worst reasonably likely case is that you'll have to use a bit more.
    Good to know Thanks
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I hold off turning on the heat as long as I can, our only option is heating by electric so the longer I can avoid the higher bills the better for me

Change in plans for today, I knew I hurt my back yesterday fixing the faucet but that feels ok today but I also remember tweaking my knee and my knee is hurting today so think I am going to take it easy instead.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Sep 20th, 2020 at 01:46 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    cath -we haven put our heat on yet ,mind you it was freezing in here yesterday morning and this morning
    Same at our place. No heat on yet. But the blankets are out. And wearing socks and sweaters too. One good thing is that it's nicer to sleep when it's not as hot as July
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Posted 3 more items so i have 16 items up (3 are my daughter's) putting clothing items cheap 4.00 for tops that are like new ,hopefully they will go .When i took some to style encore they basically only give you 2.00 or 3.00 for tops ,then sell them for 7.00 or 8.00.We will see.

Just cut our back lawn and neighbours front and our front as we share the front lawn -they are in their 70's so i thought it would be nice to cut theirs as well.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we put our heat on 1 time.. a- it was cold, b - we needed to check the new furnace to make sure it worked. i am hoping t delay till at least oct 1....

we went to dollerama... several.. to find what i needed.. still did not find what i wanted.. but was able to fill in a few spots in my house needs... .. i am done. i will look next time i go to one.. but it will be a bit.

dc rooms are spotless, kitchen is at 85% . hall vacumed... bathroom clean. i will work on laundry... s much laundry to do. i need to put away a bunch of clean laundry. butit will feel good to do that.

my plan is to mow the backyard tomorrow after work. today... i need to finish cleaningmy bedroom....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone,!!!
    AC is off,dont want to say goodbye to summer but it is what it is ...lol
    Went to maxi and cie for a few things....OMG...so crazy....people everywhere but at least the stock was there not empty like last monday night....

no line up but used express line free service because I am good at this one now and I had no coupons and no pm for one time lol..only sale price

off to relax...Too many people at maxi ..I did a small crisis of panicking but no bother me..I was right on track with concentration with my list...

Have a good evening and night all!!!

Yeah I did put blankets on and not ready to start the heat lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We usually turn on the heat in October blankets are out and windows are closed but if it’s get cold and uncomfortable yes it will get turn on earlier.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

the weather has certainly turned cold earlier this year.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Tonight I calculated all of my grocery receipts since 1 month and we are over spending so we will have to cut a little bit on grocery the next few weeks.No big deal as the freezer is full.
    I am hoping for good pc offers and good sales in the upcoming flyers
    Speaking of pc points I did not get my 2000 pc points for spending 10$ in leclerc cookies...but and I realized after so be carefull -those save and reward coupons are deduced at the cash so I was short by 2,50$ (5 box ,5x0,50$ coupons) and my cookies where not 2,49$ like price on internet maxi site they where 2,00$...oh at least I saved still unexpected 2,50$ ..will take it that way!

Hope to reach my 10 000 pc points with my after tomorrow ground beef purchase i am currently at 6995 lol
    I need to renew medication too today huh that is expensive too....

Have a good night
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 01:36 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

not sure if maxi will have another text offer nothing appear now... Will retext wenesday
    4 week in a row we had a 5$ off wub 10$ so that was nice to get 20$ more in my pocket...but i am sure people abused of those promos and they wont doing as often as now...

This is why I regretted after to post the 1 one in the site and i did not posted the others ones...
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Currently debatting if I should buy a small freezer for the stock I want to purchase ....but it is expensive (at least 250$ for a small one at wm) -checked online- will have to maybe 10$ in my saving per week to get it and I have currently no space that suck...I sure would have been stocked on janes chicken strips ,patatoes wedges mccain and o sole mio frozen dinner....they where cheap this week with no coupon
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 01:32 AM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

dad started the heat tonight ...lol...

as for now...I am very worried that we will have a second wave of covid19 in qc....3 province are in the orange color,our city is in the yellow one and they are some in the red...if we return orange it will be 1 member per familly who can go make grocery..and I dont want to return to that step.....
    457 case in qc I think that is an upgrade that suck
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 01:31 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow just had 3 people message me for a table tin shelf from the 80,s last night but i went to bed at 9.00 p.m .So the first person says will you hold this for me til tuesday -i told her i was burned and lost out on a sale if you could come today please .Thanks for the tip granger ,i mean its kijij and things are cheaper why make someone wait ,you never know she may not show ,then the other's may not want it .

I never thought a few people would want this item i have had many years .

Update -i am too nice ,she explained to me her hubby is in toronto today and she doesnt drive ,so i will wait til tuesday.I understand what its like to have one car .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 11:39 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I spent some quality time with my budget last night, I am not over budget but I do not have as much of an overage as I expected. Turns out there was a No Frills shop I had forgotten about (I did not forget buying the food but somehow I thought I had 2 No Frills shops but I had 3, honestly it is what it is).

Originally I had decided not to shop this week but now I see our Hair Spray is on sale and we need more so think I will run out on my lunch today and grab some. I am also tempted to run into Food Basics tonight and grab some berries, I love the Costco Frozen ones and they are great deal especially in the winter when Berry prices are through the roof but I really want some Fresh Strawberries.

Mom had offered to do the Costco shop and pay for it, I am trying to plan in my head to see if Mom does a Costco shop can we go until November without Costco shopping again.

I must admit my anxiety is going through the roof right now, I still want to be hopeful there will not be a second wave but based on Ontario's number and everything in the news I feel it is coming. Which has me thinking maybe we should over buy right now to have it on hand and then if the second wave does not hit we do not have to worry about shopping later. Right now I feel like my mind is spinning it is like should we grab this or maybe grab that and all of a sudden my small shops become quite large. It is hard as I do not want to panic and in general I am not panicking except when it comes to groceries but I think that is just because I am not good with the unknown and not being in control. Something inside of me is like have everything on hand just incase which just makes my head spin.

Alright time to get back to work, I feel like today is going to be a very busy day for me.

Have a great day everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Mon, Sep 21st, 2020 at 08:09 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread Information