User Tag List

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree1940Likes

Thread: September 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I decided to giveaway free my little tikes tiny slide and pirate stand with a wheel .Free on kijiji as no neighbours on my street have little ones age 1 -2 years.We had it given to use and its too small for even cara who is almost 3 .I had 4 people message me right away of course i took the first guy.He is coming soon and buying my other toy for 4.00.

Adding to the pot -all these little amounts add up -good as i am getting my haircut on friday .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My frugal thing today was filing the cheap plastic toss out pepper grinder that was empty. I paid $1.50 for peppercorns and cut a hole in the plastic and filled it up and will tape the hole up. Fine for the family to use!

i have several grinders that i use.. sea salt, black pepper corns, dried herbs,dried peppers, dried garlic . i simply refill them all with different herbs and spices. alot of the herbs came from my garden. way nicer and more cost effective then the fancy grinders.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i stepped out onto the front porch this afternoon, and rolledmy ankle.. it made a loud sound... sigh... it was my bad ankle...
    i am currently in bed with a ice pack, a cat and 2 dogs. hubby is getting pizza. sigh. its going to be a long week.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well i returned items to old navy this morning ,then popped into giant tiger for a few specials and got my 3 pairs of ladies socks for 2.00 size 9-11 and they fit cause i bought them last year .

Then on to rexall to get my prescription ,pharmasist chatted with me for my yearly consult and said because i have high blood pressure i should be getting 30 minutes in each day of walking ,it kind of set me aback and no stress he said (that is easier said then done).So i am off to go on a walk now .
    Always take a sandwich or snack baggie with you for any money finds and a grocery bag for can/bottle finds. You probably will find other treasures too (dropped gift cards, someone's bank cards etc). Since you have a walking habit, adjusting to the 30min walk now will be easier for you.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Giseledta
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giseleda,take care ,hope you are on the mend soon .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i stepped out onto the front porch this afternoon, and rolledmy ankle.. it made a loud sound... sigh... it was my bad ankle...
    i am currently in bed with a ice pack, a cat and 2 dogs. hubby is getting pizza. sigh. its going to be a long week.
    oy so sorry this happened to you
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

We've had to build a fire a couple of nights and also plug in the small oil heater in my little guys room... joys of Northern living That being said we only turned the baseboards on last week. And this week we are enjoying a bit of an indigenous summer (temps in the high teens and even hitting 20 degrees once I think last I looked). We heat with both wood and electric baseboards so we try as much as possible to use the wood stove. Went out on the weekend to cut firewood and starting to get ahead on next years wood so it has a good amount of time to dry.

Giseledta what bad luck with your ankle. I hope you got ice on it fast enough and that it feels better soon.

Rising numbers in Ontario are very concerning. Living so far from out families, from my family in particular, I'm frustrated that this spike will hinder our ability to go see them for thanksgiving. I know I can't control other people's selfish behaviour but it doesn't make it sting any less.

Got about 70% of our tomato crop sauced and canned. The rest is in the freezer to deal with at a later date (we toss them in the freezer early in the season when we only have a few ripening at a time, this way they don't spoil while we wait for enough to can). Also put down peaches, wish we could have done more of those but it is what it is. Soon it will be apple sauce, apple pie filling, pears, pear sauce, and beets. About 15 lbs of potatoes out of the one of our two garden areas with them. Hope to get the rest of them out this week and put down into the cold pantry. Sad that summer is ending but the work never stops lol hunting season starts soon

The "like" button isn't working for me at the moment so just imagine I've liked all your posts lol
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think I am all caught up, it’s been a hellish week. My mom was in the critical care until for 7 days as a result of sepsis and they released her to home. Her recovery is nothing short of a miracle but it means I am now staying with her while trying to manage work and her care and she is in a small apartment. I am hoping someone will cover for me this weekend so I can go home to see my family and sleep and get caught up on my to do list.

I never got the last of the peppers and tomatoes harvested so I am hoping they make it to Saturday. We already had a whole lot of tomatoes ready to use so my son will do a batch of sauce this week. I know someone recently commented on this but if I have a lot of peppers can I just slice and freeze with no prep. I am thinking it’s pretty much like the frozen pepper mix from PC.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s supper was Fish sticks, french fries, grapes, and cucumber salad.

Tomorrow’s supper is roast beef, garden carrots, red skinned garden potatoes, and a few other things.
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Lilo hope your mom continues to heal quickly and without complications and that you get to go home and see your family/sleep in your own bed/do some things on your to-do list. Is home are an option, even for a couple hours so you can get out of the house to do errands/have some you time to recharge?

Every year I cut peppers, freeze in a single layer on a sheet tray and then bag. Never had a problem. You have to use them to cook as once thawed the texture isn’t really conducive to eating out of hand. This year I tried dehydrating to see if that works as well/better to free up freezer space (I have my doubts but we’ll see).

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I think I am all caught up, it’s been a hellish week. My mom was in the critical care until for 7 days as a result of sepsis and they released her to home. Her recovery is nothing short of a miracle but it means I am now staying with her while trying to manage work and her care and she is in a small apartment. I am hoping someone will cover for me this weekend so I can go home to see my family and sleep and get caught up on my to do list.

I never got the last of the peppers and tomatoes harvested so I am hoping they make it to Saturday. We already had a whole lot of tomatoes ready to use so my son will do a batch of sauce this week. I know someone recently commented on this but if I have a lot of peppers can I just slice and freeze with no prep. I am thinking it’s pretty much like the frozen pepper mix from PC.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post

Good morning @lilo0 0O3 hope you mom get well soon and someone give you the day off so you can go home to see your. Boys and DH

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    @Giseledta so sorry that you hurt your ankle hope you are not in too much pain.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo hope you mom is doing better and you can have a break to see your family .You are such a wonderfull daughter being there for your mom .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning today is my birthday 61 wow and anniversary 41 years .Last night my girlfried called and said that is such an accomplishment-ha i laughed ,my dear older brother in london,ontario called he is 72 and was a day early (i told him no worries it was nice to hear from him)

Hubby and i plan to go to a patio and enjoy ourselves as it will be warm out for a late lunch ,cant wait to wear a dress or skirt and enjoy just the two of us .We havent decided yet where we are going either locke street or kelseys as we have a gift card to use up.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information