User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Walmart to end Ad Matching October 15th

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Before it ended, I was in Walmart at the self check out and had the young employee put in an ad match item. He told me that he'd be glad when this stopped on Oct. 15th. I was thinking that was a nice thing to say to a customer. It literally took him 30 seconds to preform the task.

My big problem with Walmart is the fact that their grocery shelves aren't stocked properly. Even before lockdown, the shelves would be bare for days at a time. You only see stockers in the fresh/frozen areas.
    cath007, Anna Michele and Aquaria like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My concern about them stopping ad matching is that other stores will follow suit and do the same thing.

With Walmart ad matching, it forced other stores to do it to stay competitive and food prices were relatively the same across the board with those stores.

I think that this is going to have a domino effect and that people will see a gradual increase in the cost of products in all stores.

I always noticed that when the cost of a product was on sale and the advertised price was what the product usually cost, that soon after, the price went up. It is a very manipulative tactic that they use to hide price increases...just like when, for example, the regular price for a 500g block of cheese was suddenly the cost for a 450g block of the exact same cheese and that 500g block suddenly was no longer available.
    Manipulation tactics used so people do not notice cost increases.

I am not a big fan of Walmart. They have developed a persona that makes people think that they are the best place to shop, but they are far from that. Many stores out there have better quality products for the same price or less.

I hope them ending ad match bites them in the a$$. Their excuse about lack of use is garbage. The concept of the program was manipulated from the start. You could basically only use it for food products, personal hygiene or cleaning supplies.

They limited the stores they would compete with. They lured people in with it and then people had to walk around the entire store, picking up other items, higher priced items with a larger profit margin, while they picked up things they went in for originally and Walmart lined their pockets.

I have a large busy family and I spend a lot of money on food items and such, but this just gives me one more reason to shop elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

maybe the next time a walmart cashier ask me if i want a walmart credit card, i should say i'd consider it if walmart brings back price matching; walmart doesn't do rainchecks and doesn't do price match, so what do they offer to customer that another store cannot offer? loblaws doesn't price match but at least they do rainchecks.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaria View Post
    maybe the next time a walmart cashier ask me if i want a walmart credit card, i should say i'd consider it if walmart brings back price matching; walmart doesn't do rainchecks and doesn't do price match, so what do they offer to customer that another store cannot offer? loblaws doesn't price match but at least they do rainchecks.
    They give their cashiers a “bonus” determined by how many credit cards they push and their interest rate is too high.
    Another price gouge at the cost of the consumer to make the family even more millions and millions.

padyofurniture likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vino_er_coach View Post
    They have developed a persona that makes people think that they are the best place to shop, but they are far from that.
    This seems pretty one-sided. So it's clear, I rarely shop at WM, and am not a fan. But... informed consumers who think like this have decided it IS the best place for them based on their individual values, which don't have to be the same as yours or mine. As for uninformed or poorly informed consumers who think like this, they haven't made the modest effort necessary to become decently informed. Without excusing WM in the least, it's those people, not WM, who are principally responsible for their not being better informed.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    This seems pretty one-sided. So it's clear, I rarely shop at WM, and am not a fan. But... informed consumers who think like this have decided it IS the best place for them based on their individual values, which don't have to be the same as yours or mine. As for uninformed or poorly informed consumers who think like this, they haven't made the modest effort necessary to become decently informed. Without excusing WM in the least, it's those people, not WM, who are principally responsible for their not being better informed.
    I partially agree with this, however the change in the habits of shoppers has had a massive economic impact.

We are living in a time of rapid change. There are a lot of major retailers filing for bankruptcy due to a lack of customers.
    This customer base has shifted to both online shopping and major stores, such as Walmart, that carry such a wide variety of product, that it is just more quick and convenient.

If the application of the economic bell curve shows anything, it shows that the large companies that are run by billionaires are driving a bulldozer over everything else.

They treat their customers like they are a deer caught in the headlight. They know people are too distracted by everything else in their lives, and use manipulative marketing strategies to draw them in for one stop shopping, which makes that aspect of their lives simplified. With the wealth we have, few second guess.....similar to gaslighting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information