User Tag List

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh it was so nice to get home a bit earlier tonight as I was in the branch closest to home today.

I did stop at the store on my way home and found a few things I did not notice in the flyer but I must say the produce section was quite bare, most of what I was looking for they did not have or what they had did not looked the best so I got:
    2 x Apples (only a few bags left but found 2 nice bags)
    1 x Bagel (Kicked myself on this one, I was trying to be reasonable and only 1 bag since our freezers are still full but we like a bagel here and there to take on the go, I did not notice they were only $2/bag if you bought 2 or more so I paid $2.47, kind of annoyed but it is what it is)
    1 x Rice (We have always bought the No Name as it is cheaper than the name brands and we like it but I did not notice until I got home, it has gone from $8.99 to $11.67/bag, going to have to find a new option, might check Costco again)
    2 x Diced Tomatoes $1/each (we have been using more often lately so to replace what we have used)
    4 x Beef Broth $1.67 (My Costco does not sell Beef only Chicken so I still need to stock up on beef)
    4 x Classico Sweet Basil $1.97 (My plan was to make my own sauce going forward but until work slows down it just is not an option, I need some quick options and you do not need to add anything to this sauce, just dump and go)
    1 x Milk
    2 x Raspberry Jam $2 (Mom likes these and we are out and they were on sale)

I think this was it, I had not planned on the Rice, Pasta Sauce, Jam, Broth or Tomatoes so I did spend more than I had planned but I am happy with my purchases and I will try to go to RCSS tomorrow for more veggies. At the end of the day everything I bought are things we use and it is always in my mind what if things gets worse, my area is already back in a modified stage 2 and they are now saying it will only get worse. I am slightly mad I spent that much but I know in the end it will come even out as at some point either due to Covid or just because we are stocked up, I will not need to shop.

I see how lucky we are to have the money to spend on these items when on sale to stock up and to have the room to store them. I am just feeling overwhelmed as it seems like lately I cannot get out of a store without spending $50 an I am not good with the unknown so I feel I need to prepare for anything and everything. Oh well it is what it is and I will have to sit down with my budget this weekend and see if I can move some stuff around.

I was able to get a few things done around the house since I got home earlier. Dishwasher emptied and Reloaded, Romaine Lettuce has been packaged (I have been using a hack I found online and it really does extend the life of Romaine Lettuce), some of the Hand Dishes are done (could not do them all my back is killing me), and counters have been scrubbed.

Hope everyone has a great night, off to relax a little before bed
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    $2.99 each
    20,000 pts wus $60
    1000 pts per 3 bottles purchased
    600 pts per $3 spent on Dove
    $1 off coupons x 26
    Thanks do you know if that include dove for men body wash or just women?
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

also what would be the best price for dove men of axe after coupons or points +sale..thanks looking to stock up father his is down to his last 2 bottle of axe and I have 8 x 1$ axe,dove men coupons

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh took the kids to work on the SARCAN returns. They implemented new policies. You can only return as much as you can physically carry in with you in one trip. Dh took 2 truck loads, which ended up being 4 transactions through SARCAN. Total $101 before they closed. Still have more in the garage, but we have more room now, which is good enough. This was our first SARCAN return in 2020.

I bought a pair of winter boots for ds for $10. He tried them on outside the lady’s house. He liked them better than the ones at WM.

I sold all 4 pairs of winter boots that I posted for sale on Saturday. It snowed enough today that kids were building snowmen. I have lots of ski pants & jackets posted for sale, but none sold yet.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I finished the Schitts Creek series tonight. Im sad it is done!
    My friend and i had tickets for the tour they were doing in July but of course it was canceled. I hope they rescheduled it for next summer and we actually get to go.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

checked the website dove men care are 2,99$ fingers crossed they have some in store.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just looked up Sarcan, recycling right? That is great @Angela273 that you can bring back items and get cash for them. Here it's just for booze or beer cans/bottles. Very cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Dh took the kids to work on the SARCAN returns. They implemented new policies. You can only return as much as you can physically carry in with you in one trip. Dh took 2 truck loads, which ended up being 4 transactions through SARCAN. Total $101 before they closed. Still have more in the garage, but we have more room now, which is good enough. This was our first SARCAN return in 2020.

I bought a pair of winter boots for ds for $10. He tried them on outside the lady’s house. He liked them better than the ones at WM.

I sold all 4 pairs of winter boots that I posted for sale on Saturday. It snowed enough today that kids were building snowmen. I have lots of ski pants & jackets posted for sale, but none sold yet.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

My sample source kit have been shipped got the e-mail excited!!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Another cold and rainy day in qc...the 3 one is a row...Have a few errand to do (SDM ,Metro and Super C) then after maybe a little bit of cleaning and watching tv,have a great day and stay safe!!!

A little bit deceived that the dove men bottle body wash are not 1000 per 3 but that ok i will get them for 1,00$ after coupons and my points offers plus taxes.
    Discovered I could do the super c app on my tablette so will see if super c have some cookies left
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Vacation day so running around to get the house stocked up for winter with the deals.
    Did the cracker barrel cheese deal. 4 packages of sliced fancy cheese for $1.82 after sale/coupoms/in store pts/personal offer points.
    Also found 20 pk tampons for $1.24 less 30% off plus i had personal offer of 600 pts per $3 spent.

Home to unload then going out again
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:43 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Got a package of ground beef for $1.97 reg $4.97. Just cooked it up for nachos. Shredded the last of the cheap chees i got the other day.( have 2 bars of old in freezer for future mac and cheese)Have a tray of BLSL chicken breasts in the oven for fahitas tonight.
    I bought a reduced package of steak the other day for $3 reg $8. Will cook that up another day with chicken for fahitas.
    Will buy a big salad this weekend again since its better Value then $4 romaine.
    Kitchen is clean and have laundry on the go. Just cleaned out the laundry tub that was full of garbage and recycling!

I actually checked my receipt and noticed i didn't get the proper pts on the cheese. Did an inquiry and they already gave me the pts! In the end i am ahead .58 cents!!!! Wow! Crazy deal
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, Oct 21st, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Speaking of romaine I noticed it was 4.99 each here in Ucluelet yesterday-yikes. I got to see whales on Monday's whale watch so that was really nice. Also sea lions, eagles, cormorants etc. Did not see any of the elusive resident bear, wolves or cougars in Pacific Rim National Park-but plenty of surfers in their wetsuits! Not looking forward to the snow on my return to Calgary!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

SDM Body Wash Dove men:Did the deal at SDM (Pharmaprix) my total before coupons was 33,24$ after the tax and coupons 25,15$ so I was flush for the 10 000 pc points but got it!!!My question is when do you tend coupons if they are counted as cash..before or after she scanned or before or after the card....thanks...I tend the coupons after she has scanning the bodywash and trow it a pack of 5,99$ halloween candy to make it

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Super C
    Clearance couscous at 1,49$ a medium box x2
    2 fpcs for uncle bens beans,2 fpcs for seed of change rice
    free cookie with tablet
    oop 2,98$
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    SDM Body Wash Dove men:Did the deal at SDM (Pharmaprix) my total before coupons was 33,24$ after the tax and coupons 25,15$ so I was flush for the 10 000 pc points but got it!!!My question is when do you tend coupons if they are counted as cash..before or after she scanned or before or after the card....thanks...I tend the coupons after she has scanning the bodywash and trow it a pack of 5,99$ halloween candy to make it
    I dont know about in Quebec but in Ontario coupons count as payment so it is a way for us to reduce our out of pocket payment but still get the points from a when you spend promo. My offer was to spend $60 so i make sure in over 60 before tax then the coupons are applied so i paid under $50 out of pocket
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information