User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our heat is on too. I’m working from home and want to be comfortable.

I have a bin on the shed with some Christmas gifts in it. I kept a variety of items from the large amount litteracy prizes that I received for our children. I sorted it before they got home from school that day.

Regarding Halloween...we’ll let our kids dress up, but no trick or treating this year. It isn’t worth the risk. I’ll buy favourite treats to have at home. Dh suggested a scavenger hunt, which our children love. We will not be handing out candy this year.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our new washer and dryer are being delivered tomorrow. I paid for it with my points credit card and already paid it off in full. There’ll be a lot of laundry to do this weekend.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We missed Halloween last year when we were in Jamaica for a family wedding so was really looking forward to making it up to the neighborhood kids this year. But i think everyone should do their own little party this year and hopefully we can trick or treat next year.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I put away one load of laundry and have a load of towels in the dryer. Happy to have that done and laundry caught up.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We don’t turn our heat on until close to November. We have re insulated the whole house in the past 5 yrs so it takes ages to really cool off. Currently 24 degrees in the house because DS1 was doing a baked Mac and cheese for supper. We also have a gas fireplace which I love so that will go on in the next week or so. Happy it’s almost Friday. It’s been another long week.
    Angela273, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273: That is quite an inpressive saving total for september !!!! I wish I can do that.Honnestly I kept my receipts but dont calculate how much coupons I use.I am just happy to have some coupons to use for products I need.I still hope to find the new tears pads in time,not hit cleared pads(I so want the cracker barrel cheese good on blocks and the nature valley bars ones at least)

Seems with the 2 wave people go again crazy with toilet paper...grr...so frustrated proxim did not e-mailed back last week i missed one great toilet paper sale with coupons...but did not want to go there and get refused it is at the end of the city
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 1st, 2020 at 11:39 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I did a good amount of the savings prior to accepting this teaching position in early September. I have a lot on my plate right now. I know that I’m earning way more than I had been saving our family, but I look forward to being able to coupon better again. I haven’t found those new coupons yet, but I haven’t been shopping very much lately. I’ll go shopping at Sobeys on Tuesday for 10% off day.
    Tweets77, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Rainy day here but I will take it. Once this work day is done I am off for 4 days

Started a money jar in August to put money received from empties/found money etc. Just counted it all up and changed for bills and have $96.40 in it! Not sure what the plan is for it but not touching it till 2021 so maybe use in January for groceries to start the year off.

Put away the clean dishes on the counter this morning. Left the house tidy and nobody home today to mess it up so that is nice

Off to get some work done have a great day!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I was out early this morning before my doctor appt. I popped intro Metro and got refunded $1.30 for discount cpn that the cashier missed yesterday. I also picked some large jars of planters peanuts that are on sale for $3.99 (think the normal price is around $7).

I picked up printer cartridges that a convenience store in town that refills them for $9.95 b/w and $12.95 colour. When chatting with the owner about printing coupons, she asked whether someone could use coupons with sale items... I replied yes for most items.

I gave her the website for smartcanucks and coupon sites...she never knew they existed I forgot to mention the rebate sites but hopefully she finds them when she explores SC. I'm happy I could help here and even happier that I can save $18 per printer cartridge

Almost time to make chili for dinner in the crock pot. Have an awesome weekend!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Went to maxi and iga qc for the news coupons...surprise surprise empty cleared pads like always 85% of the time...and oh it was so crowded....
    I would suggest that coupons are at the till cashier give them to you only if you purchase the products...that could resolve the problems of cleared pads...but it is a dream i know..like these people who take peelies out..that really piss me out..Checked tuesday and today for nothing...I will trade for the coupons I want otherwhise I will go without
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@cath007 I find that when a new cycle of tear pads are out my best chance of getting some is in the second or third week The very first week all will be gone . My sister and I live in different city s she is not big on couponing but if I know when the new coupons are out she will try to get me some After I saw you post the new coupons I called her and ask her to get me some she was lucky to find most of them and share with me. I am yet to find the new tear pads myself will hope next week I do get some
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I stayed in today -just feel so tired .i did look at rexall and shoppers yesterday for new coupons but found none.

I need to go get a few groceries on saturday .

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well.... It has taken me almost 18 months after graduating, but... I FINALLY HAVE A REAL FULL-TIME JOB!!!!

One of my coworkers at Superstore managed to get himself a job thanks to a close friend of his... He has been working there for a few weeks now and said to me that they were still looking for more people for work in content editing/data entry for the online tutoring website of an individual who helps those working towards their CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation.

So I would be working under my coworker from RCSS, as he will move up to more of a supervisory role (Since he has that experience), and it is nice too since this office workspace is similar to my current workplace at the Superstore, very friendly, open, loud and a little crazy too... And on top of all of that, this new company is very into the well-being of the community and helping those in need (Something I am sure everyone here knows I am passionate about too), and during the interview, the interviewer said they were looking at eventually opening up into that part of their business even more, potentially an entire department, and that I could fit into their very well too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start on Monday and was offered a phased in/out approach, so for next week, I will still work my 40hrs at RCSS, and work 12-4pm, Mon to Fri with them, then for the week after, I will begin to phase out RCSS more. I still plan on keeping the job at Superstore a few shifts a month, as long as my manager at RCSS doesn't kill me first... He is losing people left right and centre and is struggling, but that's why I am trying to keep as much there as my body can handle... Especially considering I was the second highest part-timer on the entire crew despite only being with them for 15 months....

I am just so excited and happy that I will finally start using my degree that I spent all this time and money to get!!!!!!
    Tweets77, JadeAngel, Ciel and 7 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Congratulations to you @johnb56789 about securing a job in your field and a full time one too. Wishing you all the best going foward

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Congratulations to you @johnb56789 about securing a job in your field and a full time one too. Wishing you all the best going foward
    Ciel, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information