User Tag List

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Congratulation's
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @cath007 I find that when a new cycle of tear pads are out my best chance of getting some is in the second or third week The very first week all will be gone . My sister and I live in different city s she is not big on couponing but if I know when the new coupons are out she will try to get me some After I saw you post the new coupons I called her and ask her to get me some she was lucky to find most of them and share with me. I am yet to find the new tear pads myself will hope next week I do get some
    @flemeth : sure I will kept checking maybe I will get lucky in the 2 or 3 round they put some,but in the meantime i will trade for the ones I really want
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

ccongratulations for your new job @johnb56789 : well deserved,enjoy it!!!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

no deals today as I did not grocery shopping except green seedless grapes @0,99$ lbs at maxi and cie ..I like the green grapes more than the red
    Just noticed that the new antiperspirant 2$ off dove any coupon is for the big dry stick not the small one like the preview one

Frugal find of the day I wanted to purchase some knifes like a chef one...but I searched and find some in my pantry (I searched hard...I know I had some just not do it the effort to find those) and find a set of 4 knifes in the boxe..maybe I will check maxi and cie per curiosity they have a 30% off sale but no spending yeah!!!
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Ok a weird QOTD that come to my mind after some thinking: Do you think it is a good thing if people post theirs find of coupons and brags or it just ruin the thing because all the people go there and take the coupons or do deals.... I know some people will find the coupons and brag anyway even if this is not posted.
    Sorry if my question belong to the dollars and cent thread.Dont want a debate just honnest point of view.Thanks!!!
    Me : In my city we have more couponners than I tought and cleared pad people so no it is not a good thing...
    Same for empty shelves when they have sales or a deal
    Ciel, coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I think its great if people post coupons or brags ,as we are all here to be frugal in this forum and it gives us a look at whats out there .I may miss a deal but then read about it in the brags ,so it can be informative.

I have had lovely people on smart canucks ,just roak me coupons sometimes ,so it is a great community to be in.
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Congrats on the Job John56789!!!!!!
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Congrats on the job johnb

Halloween 🎃 - local Autism services hosting a virtual party that comes complete with a free kit to participate. As we are now registered with them we get to participate. If we do nothing else, I’m happy.

We need to replace cistern. Have a plan for that. Our cottage purchase closes this week. 😃

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats on the job JohnB
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    Oh my what a week, so I am still covering someone is on leave, well I get called into my boss's office another person in another branch has also decided to take a leave of absence as well. I may have had a few moments this week just because I am so overwhelmed and getting mixed messages. I keep getting asked what my plan is for things and then when I present my plan to my boss it gets Vetoed or they have changed their minds and now want me to go in a different direction and I just feel like I am spinning in circles.

I am sure not helping me mentally and emotionally is that I am completely exhausted. I have been bed between 8 & 9 every night this week. I sleep but there is just so much going on I cannot keep up.

I wanted to go to Costco this week as they have a few things ons ale I really wanted but never got a chance to go. Almost every night this week when I left work I had at least 40 of my own emails to still deal with so I just came home. Hoping that maybe just maybe some of them are 2 week sales and I can get them next week.

Tomorrow my hope is to get some batch cooking done, I think to simplify it for myself I will use our slow cookers so I can just set them and walk away. I think I will use our small one to make Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chili and put a big batch of Pasta Sauce in the big slow cooker to just simmer away all day. I need to find a corn bread recipe to make to go with the Chili. I also want to get some baking done to have on hand. I will need to come up with a plan before bed so I can get right on it when I get up tomorrow.

Alright off to make my plan as I am pretty sure it will be bedtime soon.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am currently waiting an update of a trade I am making for the news coupons !!!! I am happy!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Congratulations! Sounds like a great company to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well.... It has taken me almost 18 months after graduating, but... I FINALLY HAVE A REAL FULL-TIME JOB!!!!

One of my coworkers at Superstore managed to get himself a job thanks to a close friend of his... He has been working there for a few weeks now and said to me that they were still looking for more people for work in content editing/data entry for the online tutoring website of an individual who helps those working towards their CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation.

So I would be working under my coworker from RCSS, as he will move up to more of a supervisory role (Since he has that experience), and it is nice too since this office workspace is similar to my current workplace at the Superstore, very friendly, open, loud and a little crazy too... And on top of all of that, this new company is very into the well-being of the community and helping those in need (Something I am sure everyone here knows I am passionate about too), and during the interview, the interviewer said they were looking at eventually opening up into that part of their business even more, potentially an entire department, and that I could fit into their very well too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I start on Monday and was offered a phased in/out approach, so for next week, I will still work my 40hrs at RCSS, and work 12-4pm, Mon to Fri with them, then for the week after, I will begin to phase out RCSS more. I still plan on keeping the job at Superstore a few shifts a month, as long as my manager at RCSS doesn't kill me first... He is losing people left right and centre and is struggling, but that's why I am trying to keep as much there as my body can handle... Especially considering I was the second highest part-timer on the entire crew despite only being with them for 15 months....

I am just so excited and happy that I will finally start using my degree that I spent all this time and money to get!!!!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I was out early this morning before my doctor appt. I popped intro Metro and got refunded $1.30 for discount cpn that the cashier missed yesterday. I also picked some large jars of planters peanuts that are on sale for $3.99 (think the normal price is around $7).

I picked up printer cartridges that a convenience store in town that refills them for $9.95 b/w and $12.95 colour. When chatting with the owner about printing coupons, she asked whether someone could use coupons with sale items... I replied yes for most items.

I gave her the website for smartcanucks and coupon sites...she never knew they existed I forgot to mention the rebate sites but hopefully she finds them when she explores SC. I'm happy I could help here and even happier that I can save $18 per printer cartridge

Almost time to make chili for dinner in the crock pot. Have an awesome weekend!
    With the crazy price of original ink ,I buy it too at conveniance store and get credited 3$ per old cartridge if you bring them back.That is nice.I am again thinking about buying a crock pot but I have at least 2 creuset pot to make my tenderlion pork mijote..we dont use it so much
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Oct 2nd, 2020 at 09:37 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Ok a weird QOTD that come to my mind after some thinking: Do you think it is a good thing if people post theirs find of coupons and brags or it just ruin the thing because all the people go there and take the coupons or do deals.... I know some people will find the coupons and brag anyway even if this is not posted.
    Sorry if my question belong to the dollars and cent thread.Dont want a debate just honnest point of view.Thanks!!!
    Me : In my city we have more couponners than I tought and cleared pad people so no it is not a good thing...
    Same for empty shelves when they have sales or a deal
    I think it’s great if people share there deals so others can benefit from it . That’s the reason I became part of this community. As for sharing there coupon finds that’s also a great thing to do because not all stores usually have the same coupons and we know what to look for.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Well we all know what they say about best laid plans. After I posted last night I was so tired I laid down on the couch and watched some TV but keep nodding off so I just went to bed. Normally by the time I get ready for bed I get a little burst of energy so I was planning to find a couple recipes then but nope right to sleep I went.

I made myself sleep in today to see if it would help, I need this exhaustion to ease up a little bit it is getting to the point I feel like I cannot function. I feel a bit better still tired so let's hope this helps.

I baked a batch of Banana muffins to use up some dying Bananas plus it was nice to turn the oven on and take a bit of the chill out of the house. We still have not turned on the heat and are trying to hold off.

I have pulled out the meat I need for today and gathered up all my pantry items from the basement so I am ready to go. I just to start prepping my veggies and get things rolling.

Kitchen is clean, Mom did the dishes after dinner last night (honestly as much as I wanted a clean kitchen I couldn't do dishes last night, I was just done, yesterday was a bad day) and I cleaned up from the muffins so the kitchen is ready for some hardcore food prep today.

Alright time to get to work, I need to get my food stuff done and I see some work stuff came in I need to address that I just could not deal with last night. We had a few things happen yesterday that we need to "clean up" so to say so I will get on that once everything is cooking away.

Have a great day everyone.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information