User Tag List

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late afternoon everyone!!! Rainy and cold day in Quebec.I will do my food prep for my chinese pate soon.
    Overall a good day,I found 1 of my perfume I was looking for ,for a long time...now just need to find the other one .
    When to eco centre brought the 2 none working tv,and 2 none working printers...its sad when things are breaking because those things are expensive....omg so crazy all the plasma tvs in bins and the electronic bins too..like very big plasma tvs..I am wondering what is wrong with those..Seems brand new to me...oh well..at least they are in good place.
    After I went to Wal Mart did not find the coffee I was looking for......and used my 2 free purina for pet food coupons they dont have very large size so I did not maximized my coupons and after I was charged taxes on the 2 bags........7,48$ in taxes...I am not sure I had to paid taxes,I did argue but the cashier insisted....Sometime with fpcs I paid taxes other time no..that is weird...Eve was on her last handfull of her food...she is happy.lol
    Purchased at dollorama the towells hanger for 3$ it is in steanless steel
    After I did go to iga and no news coupons ,I purchased St-Hubert BBQ back ribs for 7,99$
    I am waiting news on a trade,I hope I get it ..fingers crossed!!!!!!
    Hope to have good pc offers tomorrow!!!
    Alright have a good rest of afternoon!!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, Oct 7th, 2020 at 03:14 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 I have the Betty Crocker tongs in red--I like them very much! I noticed another brand with same style but using bright green plastic-it's selling at Sobeys!
    @Frugalbigmama Yesterday, someone from an HVAC firm I don't know called about a free service inspection of furnace. I said no (since we've used another company in past and who am I to say the person who will show up won't find things I don't know about the furnace??). Wish I gave caller a couple of more streets with newer homes to call up--I only gave him one better street where the homes likely have HVAC systems. As for that Saturday booking offer-would have it been at regular rate or weekend rate? Had to ask, given the long weekend.

Yes, what a windy day in Southern Ontario. I decided that branch cutting and vine yanking was my morning to-do. Lots of raking with some raindrops. I managed to put a load of bedsheets into the washer after lunch and just after I changed the sheets so I could nap (body got tired in 4 hours). Put the sheets outside. Well, one sheet was hanging by only one clothespin (I used 4) after about 30min of windy and wild drying. Took everything indoors and hung them in basement-the overnight heat will finish drying the sheets.

Happy find in the weekly community bundle today:GlaxoSmith Kline Healthy Savings coupon booklet! All coupons expire on Dec. 31 and some coupons cannot be used in Quebec (boo).

Liptons chicken noodle soup with dried parsley flakes and sliced carrots was my supper tonight. Feeling snack happy but only fruit is on hand. Time for an orange!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ontario Smart Canucks, I 'm going to post in the Electricity/OEB thread in a few minutes. Noticed a little detail that might have been missed in everyone's plans for the long weekend. But if I tell you there's a chance you can pick Time of Use or Tiered pricing for your electricity, does that get your attention??

**Update-you want to read the Time of Use rates thread over in Finance. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Oct 7th, 2020 at 09:24 PM.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The new Farm Boy flyer mentions a Pumpkin Spice cream trifle (individual servings). The recipe is also on the website:
    https://www.farmboy.ca/recipe/pumpki...cream-trifles/
    lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hydro One has three scholarships that are accepting applications by November 1, 2020 from students attending Ontario colleges or universities. Women, Black Students and Indigenous Students can apply for the tuition awards and opportunity to have a paid work term at Hydro One. Information here: http://hydroone.mediaroom.com/2020-1...arship-program
    lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Just saw the new Giant Tiger flyer-winter coats (Store ones) are featured. You have to go online to find the camoflague women's parka or other coat options. Seems this week in October is Giant Tiger's Coat issue!
    There is a new women's clothing line shown in the issue.

Len's Mill flyer -various supplies to make your own PPE, or you can buy readymade isolation gowns or head caps.
    Burlap for your crafts or outdoor plants is on page one.

Yay-my last refund arrived in my bank account. I changed some details on my online account with vendor as I cannot find the delete button or my card info (must have something in cart to edit but nope). I can stream a movie tomorrow night (yes).

Have a cozy and restful evening!
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Oct 7th, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Working late. Have many deadlines coming up including the first set of report cards. I am taking the weekend off as we get the cottage tomorrow. I try not to bring work home, but near impossible during report card season.

Will relax and enjoy this weekend. I will work next weekend to make it up and make deadlines.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow I saw the person who I want to retrade with connected 4 times today and not responding me..so ...she still wait my end of the trade and we mailed the same day...I think it is because of that.
    No good pc offers this week except the 10 000 pc points if I spend 100$..but I dont think I will spend 100$ in one time this week ..so
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 8th, 2020 at 02:08 AM.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Chilly damp day today here.

Finishing up my laundry from yesterday. 2 loads of towels to fold and put away. Will do my bedding tomorrow.

Cooking up pasta to go with the leftover pasta sauce I made yesterday. Have BLSL chicken breasts thawing. Will cook them up this afternoon with a pot of rice and steam cauliflower (.99 cent sale last week) Then kids can heat and eat when they are home.

Have a frugal day

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just made a batch of chicken/rice soup (enough containers for 5 in freezer ) hubby doesnt care for my homemade soup.
    I did a load of laundry and am hanging it out .

May pop over to library later to get my holds and thats it ,relaxing day .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good afternoon everyone!!!!
    I slept in this morning so no need for a nap this afternoon lol!!!! I did 1 load of laundry,dad did the dishes.Relaxing here today too.Feel good to just relax sometime!!! Supper is leftovers of the week.I still have to wash all my kitchen tools purchased and my moulds and others things and organize and stored away but I think that will wait tomorrow afternoon.I will calling -e-mailing compagnies for coupons this afternoon.I did not get my flyers this week..grr.. No mail today,quite a boring day lol
    Hope you will have agreat afternoon all!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 8th, 2020 at 12:47 PM.
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Well...I will forgot the trade i want to make I think that suck the person is online and 3 pm I send since 3days and not responding..and I am offer more that what she asked..wow some people I dont understant that..or if you had traded yours coupons or dont want to trade again with me just said it to me please...I am a good rely trader so that...frustrate me..Those where good fpcs i needed..
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 8th, 2020 at 04:06 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

wow ... for covid 19 my city we are now a red zone...very risk one...so no more grocery shopping with my father I guess..or I will go alone
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

=got a response to my e- mail to proxim pharmacie in quebec,they dont take printed coupons at all and 2 coupon per custumer are allowed at all..wow I wont go there took 1 week to have this kind of response..at least jean coutu and uniprix take coupons and printed coupons..wow brunet I am sure it is difficult too
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 8th, 2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have a fairly light day at work Friday for the 1st time in months. So my plan is to drop my son to school and head to Fortinos as I still need a turkey. My mom always does thanksgiving but with her recent health scare and the need to reduce contact it will be just the 4 of us but the younger son loves turkey and it’s once a year so mom to the rescue. Fingers crossed I can find a reasonably sized bird.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information