User Tag List

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I purchased yesterday 6 gouda anco cheese (in 2 differents receipts) at IGA(they dont have a good amount of cheese only 3 left after I took 6) lol...and already got approved for 2 giftcards of 10$ at iga !!! So in fact it is 5,77$ per cheese so ..roundly technically 8$ for 3 cheeses...they cheeses IS BB end of january !!!will redo this promo for father when we will have eat this cheese!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@crafter :Thanks for the extreme couponing link video..I love to watch those shows even if they seems unrealistic.Watched a lot of thhose show like 4 years ago I think and when I beggun couponning.What a memory!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well not a productive morning here, I spent my morning on Pinterest. Although I did find some new recipes I want to try out, I have been on a mission to try to get more variety in what we eat. Especially since I went back to working in a branch (although I am hoping to be moved back to remote in the near future), we just seem to cook the same things over and over.

I also want to do more freezer cooking, I have done some batch cooking recently but it isn't meals they are parts of meals. I would like to get some freezer meals in the freezer so on bad days we can just pop it in the oven.

I did go downstairs to grab some buns for lunch and noticed that I think I can gain some room in our Chest freezer if I move stuff around and organize it differently. I would also love to get that 25 lb pail of cherries out of that freezer, I would gain so much room if it was gone. Not sure if I will tackle this today, seems like a lot of work and I am feeling blah today. Also discussed emptying and defrosting the stand up freezer since the door did not close it is full of frost but that is a task for a day when both of us are home.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @crafter:Thanks for the extreme couponing link video..I love to watch those shows even if they seems unrealistic.Watched a lot of thhose show like 4 years ago I think and when I beggun couponning.What a memory!!!
    Yes it was fun watching those extreme couponing shows. I was always envious of Canadians who could go across the border to stack coupons etc. Afterall, how could they charge duties on items Canadians got for free?

I never thought about people running youtube channels doing couponing shows etc. Will be fun to watch more of them on a rainy day. I certainly learned a few things.

I had forgotten about the Walmart allowing an overage on coupons, I used to shop more at Walmart with a frugal friend who was a genius at coupon deals.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Saw a 2 hr old ad on Facebook for free stuff on curb. My eyes see all the rubbermaid bins . Figured its just around the corner so would see if anything left. All the junk was pretty much gone (good!) Got 4 bins and one under the bed plastic storage bin. All in like new condition too!!! Plus 2 fabric bins made by rubbermaid for Christmas storage. Now i can do my plan of a clean bedding set with pillow in a bin for when DS's friends sleep over and pull out the sjngle mattress!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Saw a 2 hr old ad on Facebook for free stuff on curb. My eyes see all the rubbermaid bins . Figured its just around the corner so would see if anything left. All the junk was pretty much gone (good!) Got 4 bins and one under the bed plastic storage bin. All in like new condition too!!! Plus 2 fabric bins made by rubbermaid for Christmas storage. Now i can do my plan of a clean bedding set with pillow in a bin for when DS's friends sleep over and pull out the sjngle mattress!
    @Frugalbigmama : Me too,I love Rubbermaid bins!!! They are so sturdy!!! I think I have like 8 in my spare bedroom (some need to be cleaned) and I always store Christmas and Halloween decorations or things I keep but dont use immediatly in rubbermaids bins.Those where at my house so they are quite old but where paid like 10-15$ each bin at Canadian Tire so if I dont kept them yeah I will sell them why not.I remember finding on a curb one storage unit rubbermaid was absolutely pleased as those sell for 40$ I think and I wanted one a few years ago.This year I did not look stuff in ''gros rebut'' in qc (big-heavier things?) because of covid but wtg great eye and great finds!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Hubby and i went down to the beach (confederation park) for a walk before noon did 40 minutes then popped over to his brothers house close by for a tea/coffee outside )and chatted with his brother/wife.

Now may do my puzzle as i dont think the clothing is drying good outside .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 03:19 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Over the last couple of weekends I’ve helped our kids try on their fall coats, splash pants, ski pants, winter coats, Winter accessories, etc. We don’t need to figure out winter boots just yet.

Our kids tried on Halloween costumes this morning. They all have costumes that they are excited to wear. I took pictures and posted 2 small costumes for sale. It’s nice to not have to buy right now. There are active Covid cases in my community.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have lost 5lbs since I accepted my teaching contract on September 4. Since I’m teaching cyber school from home, my physical activity level has decreased, but so has my eating. Very busy days...
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I entered in 2 more contests this afternoon!!! No win so far but fingers crossed as you never know!!!! It is raining so my plan tonight is just to continue e-mailing compagnies for coupons,and watching design tv show ( I love design,it is a hobby I losted over the years with life going crazy...)and maybe a movie,yes that kind of evening lol.!!!!
    Wishing you all a good evening and night!!!
    Watched an episode of extreme couponning on you tube this afternoon..wow...all I can say is wow..this is not my reality and nobody reality...coupons are so hard to find these days...so no I dont have like 50 same coupons llol....this was just crazy time
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 07:20 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Wow, you have a DS that might be moving out? Cannot believe how fast time has gone by since you posted about him and the other son since I joined some years ago. Really happy for you about finding good things in your local area!
    @coupon girl Mom noticed that the laundry was not quite drying fast either. Into the dryer the loads went. How busy was Confederation Park when you walked? Two visitors to library were asking for tourism information from staff (no brochures really nowadays) to see fall colours. Don't think they knew that one had to book spots to see certain waterfalls and how fast those spots sell out in advance at the Hamilton Conversation Authority website.
    @crafter & @cath007 It's been several weeks since I watched any couponing videos on Youtube. You reminded me that Walmart is ending price matching next Wednesday. The store chain will sure see some department sales change as a result of the new policy.

Depending how the weather is tomorrow, I intend to take a walk and take a few photos in town to mark the month of October. I was looking at past photos on laptop and the camera's resolution is lousy in most light conditions. Will see if I can borrow Bro's camera or just use in the yard to get some fall colours and me.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Oct 10th, 2020 at 09:14 PM.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have lost 5lbs since I accepted my teaching contract on September 4. Since I’m teaching cyber school from home, my physical activity level has decreased, but so has my eating. Very busy days...
    I know the feeling at least a bit. Since I've started my new job (and still also working the old one too), my eating has been all over the place, and aside from the old job, almost no physical activity. But in two weeks, my schedule will calm down and I am hopeful I can get into a rhythm and start eating again properly and getting in a daily walk (at least until the snow starts falling)

And another little thing I am sorta happy about... I've manage to make a new friend in my building from a sorta difficult time... He knocked on my door having been told my room was that of the building manager, but obiviously, that I am not... I tried to help him as best I could, and he started to pour his heart out to me about some of the issues he was going through and I listened to him talk for over an hour before I had to go into work... But I was very nearly at the point where I wanted to call in and not go... Now we are going to plan something/get out of this dreary building this week... We both manage to get lost in our own thoughts in this place which is never a good thing... I'm just happy now that is he doing a little better and hope that we can become good friends... He reminds me a lot of some of my friends from high school...

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

My roomba died after less than a year, I have a dog that sheds like crazy so I am very sad. Since I bought it at Costco I returned it. I have never tried their return policy for such an expensive item. I plan to buy another just need to do some research first as a $500.00 item should last longer than a year. My check out 51 cheque arrived and today I cash out DHs account. It all adds up.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am totally looking forward to this weekend. today , i did my and my moms grocery shopping. and went and got my flu shot. goal tomorrow ...
    deposit a cheque from my hubby. banking silliness.. blah blah.

do several hours of housework.
    Ham to oven, doa bit of food prep... after the girls get home.. supper, movie.. and posibly skpe with middle child.

i also have about a hour or 2 of daycare prep to do . sigh...
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I got nothing done yesterday and I am good with it. I have been torn about this weekend going into the weekend. Part of me wants to do nothing and see if it helps and I go back to work on Tuesday hopefully refreshed and ready to go. The other part of me is like you have 3 days off and things need to get done at home and I need to get stuff done.

Part of me was hoping after doing nothing yesterday I would wake up this morning refreshed and ready to go but nope, still tired and honestly lacking ambition.

It looked like things were calming down but this last week got insane again but everyone is feeling it. We are literally insanely busy, in all of the 16 years I have worked for the company full time I have never seen this level of what I am calling insanity. Based on historic number over the past 2 years we produced what should have been a months supply of our 4 biggest moving products all of them were gone in a week to a week and a half. The manager I am working with thought I was insane when they saw production orders to produce more but we are out again.

Not sure if I mentioned it here or not but I spent the last part of the week freaking out, I was doing training session Thursday afternoon for one manager and my sister well my boss came to me to tell me that my Step-Mom was also coming which freaked me out. Turns out we are so busy and short staffed my step mom is going to start coming in and helping.

Alright off to Pinterest for a bit, I was digging through the freezer and noticed some of my fall staples are out and I want to look up the recipes and see if I have everything on hand to make another batch for the freezer. Not saying the cooking will happen today, might save for next week but at least I can make a plan.

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information