User Tag List

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

congrats granger on your purchase of your cottage .I am sure the family will enjoy for many years .

Supper tonight was BBQ steak (havent had in ages and sobeys had them on sale this week ) and baked potatoes and steamed brocolli
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Oct 12th, 2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Yesterday was another do nothing type of day, I think this time I may have pushed myself a little two hard with being 2 people for over 10 weeks now plus now not sure if I mentioned it another person is off so helping out a bit there too. I realize I have not choice I have to do but I am just not bouncing back well this time. Hopefully things take a turn for the positive soon and I can cut back a little bit.

Today I only did what had to be done;
    Laundry is washed, dryed, folded and the last load just needs to be put away
    Chicken is dealt with, made 3 bags of Pesto Chicken and 4 bags of Slovakia chicken for the freezer for quick dump and cook meals
    Made Easy Apple Squares to use up some Apples that were on their last legs as well as some Greek Yogurt, have not tried them yet but smelled amazing well they were baking
    **This one made me laugh, I did not realize it only made a 9x9 pan so I should have doubled and make a 9x13 as I only used half my apples and I thought I had 2 tubs of open Greek Yogurt in the fridge but turns out only one was open and now I have a full Greek Yogurt I needs to find a way to use up as it has been in their for a bit

Decided on Breakfast for dinner, just making Waffles, should have made bacon but seemed like too much so just Waffles it is.

That is about it for me today, think I am just going to watch a documentary on Netfilx and call it a night.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving everyone
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Apple cake is done and cooling smell very good,have a good evening and night everyone!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@SassyAshley : Can you share the apples squares recepie when you will have the time? That look so good and simple ,my kind of recepie
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 this is the recipe I used, still have not tried them, too full from dinner LOL https://juliasalbum.com/wprm_print/9455
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Does anyone here use essential oils?

I bought dryer balls which I am loving but I am thinking of adding a few drops of essential oils to them but not sure of what scent I want to to try.

If you use essentials oils what is your fav scent?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Eucalyptus is my fav.
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @cath007 this is the recipe I used, still have not tried them, too full from dinner LOL https://juliasalbum.com/wprm_print/9455
    Thank you !!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Seems to be goods deals in the upcoming flyers but I noticed my maxi and cie started again to put limit it is a good thing but sigh...
    For school they want the less possible students in the school and they put them on online course at home...so I cannot tell if they are accepting new students in the 2 wave covid period..my guess is a no..will see if I am waiting after Christmas and the things are calm down to return to the school....
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    Garbage truck was entering our crescent when I was walking out to car to drive DS to school so got the garbage out quick and had room for the last bit of junk in the back of my SUV so I don't have to go to the dump! Happy to have all that gone now.
    Today I will organize the recycling since I missed it last week so it is piling up and I have some boxes in my vehicle to break up and add to it.

We need some groceries. Didn't go shopping at all on the weekend. DS's lunch was simple today lol. I will make it up to him tomorrow

Have a 1030am pick up today. $10 too small snowpants of DS
    Goal is to post 10 items this morning. Already posted 1! New Tupperware containers. We don't need them since I love my glass containers.
    Small list of things to do around the house. Tidy kitchen. Load of laundry. Groceries.
    Working on the garage all week too so I can park in it starting next week. DS moved the snowblower to the shed so that helps! Had to wait we didn't need lawnmower anymore so we are done cutting grass for the year.

Off to get stuff done!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -you are doing great on the ads for your stuff ,way to go .I agree with you i have some plastic containers (tall ones that were my dear moms about 4 or 5 left) but i love the glass containers and have been picking up when i see a sale or at winners on the clearance rack they are 3.00 to 4.00 each.They go from freezer with my soup in them right to the microwave.

My ads are not moving and i reduced some items ,oh well we will see.

I cancelled my dentist appt today as i was still sneezing last night ,she said i wont be charged but if you are sure its not covid you can still come in, nope i will call back when i am better .I am sure people dont want to get a cold during covid .Iam sure i picked this up from cara last week when i babysat her the 3 days .
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! Rainy day here in QC
    This morning I went to dollorama for a small (for icing sugar )(1,25)$ and a big strainer(2,00$)(for flour) in stainless steel and 1 cooling rack(4$) for my cakes,muffins and cookies. total came to 8,something with factoring the taxes$ (but I needed those)

Then IGA because my baking powder was not good best before date was passed...so I bought another one...and I found iced java nescafe sirup for making iced cappucino java...3,75$ for 32 times not bad..will be cheaper than purchasing starbucks or tims hortons iced coffee at 3,00$ each bottle...just need to add some milk to the sirup !!!
    Purchased 2 kelloggs rice krispies squares for the kellogs snack promo 2,49$ each...but I noticed last time some boxes had kellogs peelies on those and the boxes where still there today but no peelies...so people are taking those without buying the products...see my love-hate relationship with peelies lol

Alright time to eat my soup,order some coupons and do some cleaning
    Really hope to get some mail today and my flyers..I wrothe to publisac that I did not receive my flyers last week,.will see I guess
    Have a wonderful day everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, Oct 13th, 2020 at 11:14 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had to pop out for work so decided to pop into WM for the apples (3lbs for $1.67. bought 2 bags since they were nice)
    Then No Frills. Bought 2 x whole wheat wraps (for quesidias tonight) sour cream (like to keep extra on hand) grapes, bananas and 2 bags of dog food I am trying for my pup (had $6 coupons so $4 a bag. Super food with salmon)
    Paid for all with change.
    2nd and last load in washer. Hung up most of the 1st load. Love that my laundry room is functional again finally!

Now I need to go find 8 more items to post for sale before noon!
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tupperware sold for $10 and being picked up at 4 today.
    I'm working on the last 2 huge long shelves in the laundry room. Basically mostly junk and too small clothes of DS. Once that is emptied I will be able to organize

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Check your local No Frills. Mine had the bin of assorted squash on for 50 a LB.
    They also have free 2021 Calendars (Seasonally Inspired Recipes) I grabbed a few for my mother. MIL etc
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information