User Tag List

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Ciel :Does your Mcdonals take coupons???Mine they just ask us to show the coupon and kept it..so I wonder about how the monopoly game fpcs for food will work?
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Oh what a day, I woke up with a headache which should have been a sign of the day to come. I had the headache all day and it was insane day, never a good mix.

With that being said, I am going to be "sick" tomorrow and not go into the branch. I spoke with their manager today and we decided my trainee needs to fly alone for a day and see how that goes, right now I am safety net for them but we need to see what happens when I am not there to remind them and look over them. I am doing this in hopes that over the next couple of weeks I can cut back my time in the branch, I would like to be down to one or two days a week by the end of the month so I can shift my focus to other branches and get back to working on my own projects. I am not off tomorrow but will work from home.

Still have a headache and my shoulders and neck hurt so I did not get a lot done but I did make a batch of Spreadables and put what I could in the dishwasher. There are a few dishes in the sink but since I am working from home tomorrow I will do these on my lunch.

I have looked at the new Hydro Rates and I am torn on what to do. My concern is with me working from home now will our Hydro use go up and since it I am home all day will there be more use during peak times. Laundry nor the dishwasher would be run but with me being home will we have the heat a little higher during the day or will I just in general use more electricity being home? But since we heat with electric during the winter we will go over the 1000 kwatt so would tier pricing be higher? I am not good with choice like this I always worry I am making the wrong choice. Although let me tell heating with electric our hydro use in winter triples not happy about that.

Alright I am trying to find me time and not always be on the go and hopefully focus a bit on me and get over this burnout I am still pushing through so I am off to watch some Netflix and then it will be early to bed for me and hopefully no headache tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone
    Re: hydro. Tell me what you decide. Im not sure which is best and im working from home as well. My diningroom is all windows so i never put a light on but come winter the days may be darker. We heat with gas though.
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

So today I decided to redeem a reward from my McDonald's app for a medium mocha. The cashier gave me a thumbs up when I showed her my code so it didn't redeem. Then when I received my drink it felt cold. We got two on the weekend and they were cold too. So I let them know that something must be wrg with hot chocolate machine. She said they will look into it and gave me a coupon for a free McDonalds Value meal! Will use for my 1 time a year pig out that makes me sick and swear i will never eat there again haha!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Re: hydro. Tell me what you decide. Im not sure which is best and im working from home as well. My diningroom is all windows so i never put a light on but come winter the days may be darker. We heat with gas though.
    keep in mind, you can start with one.. and change to the other at any time.
    i am going tiered.. and may change once hubby works back in his office.. however.. we are not sure when.. so currently.. during the day... Me - work from home for the past 22 yrs... , hubby now working from home.. youngest ... school online... .
    things could change in 6 months, and we will change then if needed....

honestly the on peak rate of 21.7 freaks me out .
    Last edited by Giseledta; Wed, Oct 14th, 2020 at 09:10 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes as per hydro rates ,i am not sure how to go either ,we heat with gas and there is only the 2 of us (home all day)
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just bought tights for the granddaughters ,they each have 2 pairs each cara i got on sale 4.50 (childrens place)and 5.40( old navy)
    Ashlyn childrens place 6.74 but no black ,so gap $11.40.

So glad i got some on sale -wow tights can be so costly for little girls ,but i like to get them what they need as gifts .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

It’s a short week and we likely all forgot it’s Wednesday but push your PC offers.
    I am still trying to figure out what to do about hydro. With 4 of us at home all day it’s going to get expensive.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My DH and I had a discussion today about hydro also but can’t decided which rate to go with there is 3 of us home all day so we used more electricity than before wasn’t expecting the TOU rate to be so high
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thanks ladies! I just saved my pc pts. Glad i came here to read for a bit!
    Giseledta, Ciel, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a $30 pick up today for something that I posted for sale months ago.

Yesterday, after school, I harvested the rest of the garden with our children. The weather is turning cold and we have a threat of snow. I sold all of my extra garden carrots for $17. I have a heaping 5 gallon bucket of beets with green leaves on them, but no takers on them yet. Dh absolutely hates beets...even complains about the smell of them. We also dug the last of the red skinned potatoes, which almost fit into an icecream bucket, which I covered with newspaper.

I received my medical benefits card last week, from my teaching contract. I kept any medical or dental receipts from the last month and I can submit them to my coverage, which is somewhere on my to do list.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Hello everyone!!! I have a question hope some of you could find an answer
    Does Johnsonville sausages products are sell at SDM (Pharmaprix) in QC and if I use 4 fpcs do I get the points of the 10 000 pc points wub 25$ does coupon count as cash or they are deducted from total..Of coarse I know it does not make 25$ but I will buy others things too to reach the 25$ thanks for your input and replies
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am happy altrought that will be a lot of planning ...I have some decents pc points offers to combine with coupons and sales..
    2500 points 1 time johnsonville ready to cook sausages my maxi and cie dont carry them so i hope for pharmaprix
    2000 points kraft hazelnut spread will buy the big container 6,28$ minus 1,00$ coupon minus 2,00$ in points=3,28$ maybe i will purchase 2 or 3 at maxi and cie

1000 wub 2$ magic eraser sheets 7 counts m net and they are 3,98$ will grab a few pack as they could be handy for cleaning counter ,stove and microwave and bath at maxi and cie

10 000 pc point wub 25$ at pharmaprix..will pass my fpc for oat milk and fpc for oxiclean too if they have it
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Oct 15th, 2020 at 03:19 AM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

and of coarse goode sale with coupons
    iogo 4 packs at 1,00$ minus 0,50$ =0,50$ altrought I have a lots of yogurts container they will kept good and I cannot pass this deal limit of 4 because i pm provigo
    captain crunch cereals pm super c 2$ minus 1$ coupon tasty reward-=1$ !!! (too bad the coupon is 1 per custumer I have 2 coupons will go 2 days )
    pringles chips 1$ minus 1,00$ wub 2 coupons-=0,50$ each have 2 coupons cannot pass this deal altrought I have some

and a few others deal I cannot remember right now
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

huh the last person I made a trade with did not give me my trade rating and I wanted to retrade with this member but she is not connected since october 8 and I doubt she will be..wow..why posting coupons if you know you will not be online for trading those...some people..
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yesterday I drove to Vancouver-the first couple of hrs were snowy but here it is green and nice. Took DD and her boyfriend out for dinner-off to the island today.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information