User Tag List

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Dad got a higher internet bill because we are not unlimited maybe we will change our to unlimited because it is expensive to paid by exceed
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Decided while the oven is on to just cook the 4 chicken breasts...father and I will eat one...the 2 others will be leftovers or chicken salad or just sandwich
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Super tired today, pretty sure it is just life, one day I will only need to be me.

Although I am super happy I heard from one of the people who is off right now, we are friends but I know things get a little tricky since my family own the company. I was worried she would not answer but she did and said things are getting better so that is good news but she won't be back for a number of months.

Today not much got done, but did get a few things done:
    Laundry is washed, folded and just the last load to be put away, I always end up putting it away right before bed
    Roasted off 3 Pie Pumpkins they have been pureed and are in the fridge releasing their moisture and then the puree will be frozen
    Made Cookie Dough Overnight Oats to have for Breakfasts and Snacks this week

I had some mushrooms and peppers that needed to be used up so I made Chicken Fajita Rice in the Instant Pot for lunch, not as much leftover as I would have liked. Was hoping for enough for a couple work lunch but very little is left, I will probably make a Salad and use it as a Salad Topper to turn it into a full meal.

I still have 2 peppers and some Mushrooms I need to use, I also some some lettuce I need to chop and wash but won't happen today.

I was hoping not to Grocery Shop this week but I think we need a few fresh items to get us by, I am hoping to not go back to Costco until next month. We are actually still good on most things just a few pantry items and some veggies so far from Costco but I do not want to go back to Costco until I clean my Chest Freezer and see if I can make some more room. Hopefully if I just grab what I need this week we will make it without Costco shopping. Think I will go to RCSS they have a few good deals and that should be it hopefully for the week.

Dinner tonight, simple Hot Dogs, I am really really tired so hoping to be in bed early.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am insanely happy, i figured out 1 of my 3 kids for Christmas.!!!! now if i can figure out a birthday present for them ... hmmmm. their birthday is mid nov...

i still am working on the 2 girls ,and 1 birthday present for the oldest.....

letting things roam around my brain for a bit... hmmm

made lasagna for supper.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Way to go angela on the money made on your garden !

Feeling a bit better today just washed the sheets .I just had someone message me for a toy on kijiji (my daughter-in-laws toys from the girls)"does it work" gee i wouldnt post on kijiji if it didnt work ,no i didnt say that to her but gee people -ugggg
    I posted a pair of like new mens rubber boots for $2 just to get them gone. I posted 3 amazing pictures. Some lady sends a paragraph asking it they are in good shape. Any rips or tears? And asked about the stitching! Haha . I was happy to say they were just sold lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok. break time.
    the basement looks a insane amount better. I really should put stuff away more... sigh... work in progress.
    and i clearly know what is not needed in the pantry area. lol.

ok, taking a 10 min break... then heading to foodland for veggie and fruits. should be a small order. after that i will work on , in the playroom for 45 min or so.... and prob prep supper stuff.

if anyone has any fun fall or winter meal ideas... please share... i am in a bit of a rut...
    Im planning a fun taco night for the 1st snow fall on a Sat night with the kids. Tacos and game night! For my vegetarians we cook the black beans in taco seasoning and they taste just like real tacos!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sun, Oct 18th, 2020 at 08:55 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Im planning a fun taco night for the 1st snow fall on a Sat night with the kids. Tacos and game night! For my vegetarians we cook the black beans in taco seasoning and they taste just like real tacos!
    @Frugalbigmama I does the same with the a Black Bean for my DDs but I add red peppers the love it
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Red Lentils work well as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Frugalbigmama I does the same with the a Black Bean for my DDs but I add red peppers the love it
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    We have fresh peppers cut up with our tacos but I don't cook them with the beans. Maybe I should try it sometime.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning!

A good work day planned to tackle a pile and have it gone by the end of the day. That is my work plan.

I cleaned out the console of my vehicle this morning. Dumped it all in a shopping bag and dealt with it all (mostly coupons)

I'm so happy I found the Dove $1 body wash coupons yesterday. I went on a hunt and it paid off! I also noticed I have the Dove personal offer for Pc pts. Will hit SDM for sure this week matched with a 20 x the points offer and re-stock myself up as I am down to my last few bottles. (and I use them for a few of my Christmas boxes with a bottle of wine )

Tonight I will clean out the fridge and see what we need since I haven't done groceries yet. I think we may be ok since I bought so many apples last week and have a few bananas left. Lots of frozen fruit in the freezer for smoothies. Maybe I will wait till I see tomorrow what is coming up in the new flyers since nothing was calling my name this week.

I had lots of pick ups on the weekend. My phone exploded Friday night when I got home with requests so I did my best to arrange all as porch pick ups. Just keep tucking the money away in an envelope. I have for sure surpassed my goal for paying for all inclusive trip South (for 2 if I get the same deal I found in Feb of this year!) Not that we are going anywhere this winter But I will be ready for when we can travel again.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Wow online shopping is getting harder for my size ,they are all selling out large & xl or are just to darn expensive.Just went on joe fresh site as i have a 15% off code good til oct31 and no long sleeve xl tops .I may call them and ask them to extend that code ,we will see.

I heard on the news this morning 50% off people are doing online shopping -wow .I have to get moving on the grandkids toys for xmas .I will ask what they are into or they may like .I have one gift for sebastian and a small one for ashlyn .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Oct 19th, 2020 at 10:25 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Wow online shopping is getting harder for my size ,they are all selling out large & xl or are just to darn expensive.Just went on joe fresh site as i have a 15% off code good til oct31 and no long sleeve xl tops .I may call them and ask them to extend that code ,we will see.

I heard on the news this morning 50% off people are doing online shopping -wow .I have to get moving on the grandkids toys for xmas .I will ask what they are into or they may like .I have one gift for sebastian and a small one for ashlyn .
    For us we are basically doing 0 clothing shopping. Can't go anywhere so don't need new clothes
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Oct 19th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am going out whale watching this aft so I hope I see some. On the West Coast of Vancouver Island for a few more days before heading back to the snow-boo.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Since both my boys are off Saturday nights and we have a cold wintery winter ahead of us with no excitement of a trip South to look forward to I am starting to prep/plan some fun Saturday nights for us.

We will make a fun or fancy dinner. (tacos/fahitas etc or pasta/shrimp/steak etc)

So far the plans are:

Board game night
    Card night
    Poker (we taught the boys this year in April and it was a lot of fun!)
    Black Jack night
    Fondue night
    Painting night (I will grab some painting boards and paints at the $ store for fun)
    Movie night (we have a projector screen set up and my man can download new/old movies in minutes)

Any ideas to add?
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Mon, Oct 19th, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally received my big trade I was waiting for after 2 weeks...canada post fault I am sure,...the trader is an amazing person
    Hope to get choose for chick advisor for viva la juicy perfume,I love this perfume..I will do more reviews to have more chances tonight
    Other than that I will renew my medication this afternoon and go to iga to pass some coupons
    happy afternoon everyone!!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information