User Tag List

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree2488Likes

Thread: October 2020 Frugal Chatter(Harvest the savings)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Damp dark day here today. Glad I took yesterday off to do running around so today is a busy work day.

I have a load of laundry in the dryer and washer to deal with tonight. Clean dishes on the counter to put away and a few to wash up. Lots of cooked chicken in the fridge. Will see if DS is fine with wraps again or if we will make something.
    Have a plan for the garage- All the free Rubbermaid bins I found the past few weeks- Will pack up all the "junk" and label the bins "Spring Garage Sale" So we will have one in the Spring hopefully. The good junk I will sort and and label boxes and continue to post for sale over the Fall/Winter. What doesn't sell will be part of the garage sale. So that is my plan this evening Puttering in the garage which I enjoy!
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning!!!! We have to do a small cleaning of the locker since we will have a fire inspection of the lockers for all the renters november 4..oh i am sure the idiot neigbour with is workshop wood in the stairs and I pass the details...taping the smoke detector..and the 1 floor neigbour who take the locker for a piece would love that!!!So happy that will be finally happen!!! I am sure we are not the one in fault...
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Anyone using Ampli? Thoughts?

Not sure about it since I have to link my cards to it. But it’s backed by RBC and apparently encrypted by them so it should be safer than no?

Hmmmmm

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@flyingdutch I guess it's good if you shop/order from the vendors/restaurants they deal with. The only store I occasionally shop at is Rexall.
    I've downloaded the app 3 times and deleted it

Rakuten has more of the stores I use and they have bonus cashback offers

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    Anyone using Ampli? Thoughts?

Not sure about it since I have to link my cards to it. But it’s backed by RBC and apparently encrypted by them so it should be safer than no?

Hmmmmm
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went out this morning to once upon a child got $20.00 for my daughter and $52 for my daughter-in-law .Found a pair of socks in once upon a child in a bin and they were ladies 2.00 new and they fit me ,so thats great,bought tights for ashlyn but of course they put the plastic tag for 2.00 in thru the tights and it caused a run in them so i am out $2.00 -no i am not going back to complain as you have to go within 7 days -note to self dont buy something like thin pantyhose tights with a tag put thru them .

Then popped into talize as they let you try clothing on i got
    XL joe fresh white rippled long sleeve top (its on their website right now for $16.99) 7.99-50%=4.00 as ladies long sleeve tops are on 50% off today
    xl top from costco in pink nice light weight too 6.99-50%=3.50
    then black activewear flared nike joggers in size large(i like the flare style) 13.99-10% seniors discount=12.59 awesome
    i spent $22.68 on myself -i love thrift shopping .

Then continued on upper james as i messaged a local woman on kijiji last night who is giving away masks for free ,so she gave me 2 one for hubby and one for me lovely cloth masks .SHe gave away 550 in march /april and may/june ,so kind of her .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Oct 22nd, 2020 at 05:49 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Had a busy morning at work rushing to get something done and it is done!! Now I can use the afternoon to clean up a few little projects and be done with them so I can enjoy the weekend.

What a beautiful day outside today! Can't wait to get out there!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

today in the mail:
    3x1$ coupons for wonderfull pistachios
    1x fpc max value 6,00$ expire december 31,2021 and 4,x1,00$ coupons from bolthouse (carrots) first time I receive an fpc from them,see it paid to compliment compagnies
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

sample source:I saw on a french facebook couponning site that selected member if they receive the e-mail got a free coupon for a free bag of purina proplan new cat food and I dont receive it....I wrothe to their will see...no big hope..but it is the food my cat eat...grrr
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    TGIF! Had a busy morning at work rushing to get something done and it is done!! Now I can use the afternoon to clean up a few little projects and be done with them so I can enjoy the weekend.

What a beautiful day outside today! Can't wait to get out there!
    Agree on the weather +16 and sunny today compared to the last 3 days of rain..sure it feel good!
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning hung a washing load out ,was up early 6.00 a.m and made chicken noodle soup from scratch with my leftover chicken from last night .

The guy i sold the puzzles to ,since one was missing 4 pieces i put the pieces in a bag and offered him another 1,000 piece winter scene puzzle for his troubles of coming out to my house .Yet there are people on kijiji that are selling puzzles that are missing pieces ,they state one or 2 pieces missing .Gee if my puzzle i buy from value village are ever missing pieces i just toss them in the garbage ,who wants to do a puzzle with missing pieces ?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just checked my mail and got bills ,but also my fit bit inspire (which i may sell next spring )as i dont have a cell phone and my daughter doesnt care for it .

They gave away a 1,000 cherrios did ,so if ever there is a online instant contest do it you never know .I saw this on the cherrio box a few months back ,i think you had to put in a pin to enter that was inside the box.Anyway nice win .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening. What a great warm day
    I ran around for a few items at several stores this morning. It's been a nice break to be honest versus a giant cart in one store once a week. I'm actually spending way less time in a store than I normally do because I know exactly what I'm getting and go through express. I never really thought of it that way.
    I picked up a few deals that I'll post tomorrow over morning coffee.
    We unpacked and put away all of the groceries etc and then we heard a knock at the door....my Neilsen homescan was delivered lol. I figure I'll spend a bit of time scanning tomorrow morning.
    I used to scan for Neilsen years ago, they don't have huge rewards but I think it's important to give feedback data/etc. I'd prefer to scan barcodes than answer surveys that go on forever. They used to give movie ticket rewards. I'm curious to see what they offer now with covid happening.
    Have a great night everyone!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

TGIF. older son raked the back yard today. We have lots of trees so it will be the 1st of many rakings. Our town does loose leaf pick up in our area which is awesome. Saturday we will do the front yard. I cannot see the lawn for the leaves. Decided to order take out tonight. We have an awesome little deli type restaurant that opened the week Covid hit and they get great reviews on the local Facebook group so we decided since it was Friday to try the fish and chips. I think the painting of the basement starts Monday so that’s going to keep me busy this weekend.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    OH what a week, I would like to use harsher words but I won't. Literally I think every day this week we had someone else off, it is just insane right now. My schedule got messed up as we lost our material handler (was a temp) which meant my trainee had to go back out onto the floor which put me back in the office. I literally drove home Wednesday night trying not to cry I was so overwhelmed as on the way home our regional manager called someone else now needed time off and they wanted me in another branch but I could not help. I am only one person but right now I am being about 7 people.

On the good news, last night after work since I was still working out of town I went to Zehrs on the way home, I do not shop there often I find them super expensive but this week they had a few good deals I got:
    4 x Butter $2.99
    3 x Potatoes $1.99
    2 x Chex Cereal $2.99 (I so want to make some homemade Chex Mix)

Spent right around $20 so right where I wanted to be.

Tonight after work I went to RCSS and got:
    2 x Tortillas $1
    2 x Dish Soap $1.99 (little disappointed I wanted 4 but they were limiting it to 2 per customer)
    1 x Carrots 10 lbs $1.99
    1 x Sweet Potato 10 lbs $3.98 (Sweet deal here as I thought it was only 5lb which would have been a good deal but 10lb awesome deal for sweet potatoes)
    1 x Listerine $4.75 (impulse buy, I want to try the foot soak using listerine, I have heard amazing things, I just wanted a small one but it was $0.48 cents more for twice the size so hoping I really like the foot soak)
    Again was aiming to spend $20 and it was $18 something so I am happy.

Still need to go to No Frills they have a few things we need but will go one night after work since they are close to home. Again my goal is spend about $20.

When I left work I was not feeling the best but knew I had to go to RCSS as I will not get a chance next week. When I got home I felt better but not my best so I was prepared for a night on the couch but after I had dinner I was feeling a bit better so I tackled cleaning the kitchen (it was a disaster). I had to take it slow as my back is still hurting but I took a few break and can happily say all the dishes are done, counters are scrubbed and I will put away the dishes in the morning (I hate drying dishes so they can sit overnight).

Now I need to plan some meal prep for the week to come, my schedule cannot change this week as i am covering someone on vacation (so just being 8 people this week) but I have to stay in the branch closest to home. So I should be home earlier which is nice and my hope is clean the house (it needs a good scrub) but I know even being closer to home if I do not meal prep it will not be a good week. Now I just need to decide what to make, I have literally not plan but we have tons of great options on hand.

Off to spend some time on Pinterest and make a plan.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Congrats on the loan payment Angela. While I didn’t ha e student debt, we have voluntarily taken on other debt and I know how good it feels to pay it off! Also in a year when you see return on the investment with your job!!!

Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information