User Tag List

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By downtowntorontogirl
  • 1 Post By GoodBoy
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 2 Post By flemeth
  • 1 Post By GoodBoy
  • 1 Post By walkonby

Thread: Food Basics: FREE Beyond Beef Ground After Coupon This Week!!! $2.99 minus $3 Coupon

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This week you can get a free Beyond Beef product from FOOD BASICS, using a printable coupon that’s still available!
    Starting tomorrow, October the 15th, until October the 21st, FOOD BASICS has Beyond Beef ground advertised for $2.99. There is a $3 printable coupon that is available and can be found by clicking the link below, which mean you can pick this up for free this week. While you are able to print as many of the coupon as you would like, the coupon does state that there is a limit of two per shopping trip, so you can print of a couple of these coupons and get two packages for free.

You can also price match at other stores if FOOD BASICS gives you a hard time with coupons, I've had luck price matching and using coupon at RCSS and No Frills

This stuff is GREAT in tacos!

Must print and surrender coupon:

https://www.beyondmeat.com/coupons/1...ampaign=Canada
    This thread is currently associated with: Food Basics, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore RCSS

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Thank you

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the heads up! Not generally of fan of faux meat but if it is free ... why not!
    cath007 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty for posting @downtowntorontogirl
    I thought that if the product did not reach the value of the coupon ( eg: FB $2.99 price falls short of the $3.00 coupon ) , will the store say they cannot honour it?

We have never tried any of the beyond beef products before because they were more money than real meat??

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I thought that if the product did not reach the value of the coupon ( eg: FB $2.99 price falls short of the $3.00 coupon ) , will the store say they cannot honour it?

We have never tried any of the beyond beef products before because they were more money than real meat??
    Stores can refuse coupons on this basis, but it's YMMV. More often than not, they take off the price, so $2.99 in this case, or the full coupon value. For me, it has been pretty unusual to be completely declined, although it has happened.

Uncooked, it feels oily rather than greasy like beef; there's oil in it rather than a solid fat. I made burger patties and while they weren't unpleasant or off-putting, I wouldn't say they were good. The flavor wasn't beefy at all. The texture was somewhat different from beef, which my wife didn't like; I noticed a difference but it didn't bother me. In my burger, even with multiple condiments, I could still tell it wasn't beef although I may have been predisposed to do so because I knew it wasn't.

It's a matter of individual palates and preferences of course, but fwiw, I'd rather pay for ground beef than eat this stuff for free. I have another package so will try using it as filler. I'm thinking i'll go with 75% beef rather than the 50-50 I've seen advertised.
    walkonby likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ty for posting @downtowntorontogirl

@walkonby Most stores take the coupon and reduce the price for $2.99 my 2 DDs that are vegetarian like this product we would add more seasoning into it but not salt and it taste very good in my opinion with all the different toppings that you would put on a regular burger we even used it for tacos , wraps and lots of other vegetarian dishes
    walkonby and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ty @flemeth and @Arjon
    I was able to get 2 pkgs. with no issue at all.
    Now I almost forgot the other reason I steered away from this product when it was first around. The sodium! Yikes. Too high.
    DD says she may try it in a mixture with added chili powder, etc ( but no salt....lol ) for her Taco meals.
    I'm still not crazy about the look of it. These were still frozen, so I just tossed them in the freezer when I got back.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just picked up 2 packages at FB near me. No issue as I had highlighted the appropriate wording indicating I was allowed 2 coupons per shopping trip.
    In the freezer for later use

Also saved 2 cents on the other item I purchased as they just put in the $3.00 credit for each $2.99 package! Win Win
    Thanks OP for sharing this! Free is good!
    crafter likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh Dear! I brought home 4 pkgs. of those ( all free! ) and after DD cooked up 1 pkg for her taco filling, she confessed there was something very nauseating about the taste. She asked me if I wanted any? BWAHAHA!! Nope.
    So we will be " gifting " the last 3 pkgs to her vegan friends....lol.
    crafter likes this.

Thread Information