User Tag List

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nice Deals! @Frugalbigmama where did you find the teeth flossers? Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Sushi night last night went better then expected. I didnt starve lol.
    Tonight im making meatleas turkey with mushroom gravyand shredded old cheese on top, perogies, green beans and broccoli slaw.
    Picked up a 10lb bag of onions for 99 cents will share with my mom and inlaws. 3 tubes of handsanitizer for 94 cents for my purse. .84 cent stainless steel water bottle for ny niece ( for little kids mine are too old) bag ckips for .24 cents( sticking stuff my mom and mil) more teeth flossers for
    44 cents.
    Happy with my little haul.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Good but busy day, felt like the morning was taking forever to go by but the afternoon flew right by and before I knew it, it was time to start dinner.

I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with work right now, nothing has really changed which maybe is the issue. One of my goals for this year was to work on what we consider the bigger picture stuff and have less focus on the day to day but in my job that is so hard. I spent most of my morning chasing problems which means I just keep getting pulled back into the day to day and am not achieving my goals for 2020. It is just frustrating me because I feel like I am working so hard but at the end of the day I am not reaching my goals for 2020 and 2020 is almost over.

I am also not getting a lot done around the house. I finished work, took a shower, made dinner and all of a sudden I was done, super tried so no cleaning was done. I think I need to start taking a break in the afternoon to get some housework done because by the time I am done work, I am done for the day.

It is weird because part of me feels so great (I think it is because I am taking time for myself now) but part of me still feels like I am just not accomplishing enough and it is a weird place to be internally. But, I have noticed over all I am in a much better mood these day and do not feel like the the sky is falling so I will take my wins where I can get them.

Tonight was homemade pizza for dinner, love the Bread Machine, toss the dough in, finish my work day and then nice fresh homemade pizza in the oven with what feels like little effort. Also, Mom knocked one of my to do items off my life for me. Last week she made herself Tomato Jam (she uses this instead of Ketchup on many things) but there were some Tomatoes leftover so I was going to turn the rest into pizza sauce, Mom made the pizza sauce well I worked today.

Alright I think I am done for today, time to relax on the couch and feel like it will be early to bed for me tonight, I am feeling super tired today.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Seems some neighbours are getting their City trees cut back or down due to storm damage. Mother Nature has snow clouds in the sky so the forecast for light flurries is obvious.

Must get some grocery shopping and errands done today. I have noticed my energy level drops quite quickly when doing a long spell of raking or bagging of yard waste. It was weird to have to prioritize a nap over errands yesterday to get something back for the evening.

Have a few library materials to return and at least one hold to collect-joy!

Noticed I still some bedsheet material left over from the summer mask making. Need to try making a two piece mask for better fit. I saw the Marketplace episode on the weekend where different types of masks were tested. If glasses are fogging up, the mask fit is considered poor. Yet I did post here in July how I found the 300 ct bed sheeting too stifling for mask use after making one for humid weather wear. Maybe it'll be ok for fall/winter--to be tried! Found a free pattern/template to print off from BurdaStyle.com. I won't be doing a filter, just two layers.

Got an e-mail about PC Insider's Report-have not glanced at it yet. Are there yummies that SCers are looking forward to trying out?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Nice Deals! @Frugalbigmama where did you find the teeth flossers? Thanks in advance
    My local RCSS. Seem to be all gone now (I bought some a few weeks ago too)
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We woke up to snow It is what it is lol.

My oldest cleaned his bedroom of dishes and forgot to put them in the dishwasher I washed them all and he can put all the dishes away once dry.
    Have a load of laundry on because I need to hang my yoga pants to dry.
    Cleaning out the fridge and will plan to use stuff up.
    My vehicle needs to be cleaned out so that is on my list this afternoon. Just stuff that needs to be recycled or brought into the house etc

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just came back from my dental cleaning (they still are not implementing all equipment )which is okay by me .No cavities -yes .

Then went in dollarama a few doors down and got a few items $42.00 later.I got 1.00 chocolate calender's for the grandkids ,baby doll for barbie (barbie brand 3.50. )plus a lovely vitabath shower gel lemon 3.00plus various other items.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Nov 17th, 2020 at 12:33 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just had a $10 sale (snowpants) She sent etransfer and I put on the porch! Love not having to deal with people at all when selling

I tossed a meat pie in the oven. Then we can just heat and eat when we want.

Have my load of laundry hanging to dry. All the laundry sorted to start washing after 7pm.

Next tidying my room. It needs some love!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Woke up to winter this morning, I knew it was coming but have to admit not happy to see it although I see we are supposed to go up to 10 on Thursday which makes me happy.

Another busy day, one of those almost frustrating days where you are getting a lot done but none of it anything you planned or needed to get done today.

Near the end of the day I manage to knock out a couple things that I needed to get done today so that feel good. I was tempted to work tonight to plow through the rest of my to do list but resisted the temptation. I am starting to feel like I am in a good place mentally and emotionally and not always exhausted and to be honest I am afraid of falling down that rabbit hole again. I know me too well, one day will lead to two which will lead to just this week and then just this weekend and again it will snowball on me. Especially since it looks like we may have some new hires coming on which means training schedules to be planned.

Another day of nothing done around the house, every time I tried to take a break my phone rang or an email came in with something I needed to deal with, it is what it is, I will try again tomorrow.

Dinner was a package of Homemade Teriyaki Chicken pulled from the freezer cooked with some Stir Fry Veggies and Rice.

Alright think it is time to lay down on the couch and just relax and probably early to bed for me, I am really tired the last few days I have had trouble falling asleep.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sampler came in - rice, coffee, energy bar and bulldog samples
    yesterday my fabfitfun sampler box came in $11 with exchange, very happy that I received invite.

bundled up, it is cold outside, brrrr. I haven't switched from summer to winter clothes yet - will do this weekend. The warm weather recently spoiled us in Ontario, now realty has set in....winter is coming.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My dear son dropped off my low dose aspirin(he went to costco on his way home from work) i have to take everyday 4.99 kirkland brand for a years worth as opposed to paying anywhere from 9.99 to 13.99 in drugstores and 2 bottles of vitamin D 6.99 wow i thanked him and gave him the money .

Up again early ,everyday its around 4.00 a.m ,so i am only getting 6 hours sleep .Time is all i need ,maybe i can start walking in this fresh weather .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Stopped at No Frills after dropping DS off at school and found the 10Lb bag of red onion for $2.97 that I was looking for the other day.
    Will share with family.

I should make some food for the kids to heat and eat easily. Will go rummage in the freezer and see what I decide.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Going to drive out to Banff National Park to enjoy the scenery today. I have an annual parks pass so the cost will just be gas and a nice change of pace.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up with a headache that just does not to go away. Originally my thought was get done what has to be done today and if my headache was still bad I could crash. Nice idea but today has been one problem after another so crashing probably is not an option.

I looked at my budget last night and realized I missed add a shop in my head so a little over where I would like to be on groceries but I have decided with the current Covid number in Ontario now is not that time to cut back. I want to keep us fully stocked that if things do get worse my goal is to have a 4 week supply of food on hand. At the end of the 4 weeks we would be relying on Dry and Frozen items and might have to get a bit creative but I know we can do it.

With that being said all I really need right now is more Milk but I will check the flyers and see if there anything else I should when I go to grab Milk. All and all I am feeling good with that we have on hand although now I am thinking might grab some yogurt too. Unless something really jumps out at me this week's shop should be small.

Alright back to work I go, good news is I am about half way through my to do list so that makes me happy.

Have a great day everyone
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Xmas shopped on well.ca for my smallest granddaughter today and then added in another 30.00 in medical items ,nuts and chocolate to come to $60 before tax as my RBC credit card is giving a 10.00 credit back when you load an offer of spending $60 or more on well.ca .

It was stuff i normally buy anyway besides the toy so why not get a free 10.00 back .

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spirit Halloween in Ancaster store has been changed over to a Calendar Club store! Had a look today-lots of calendars, some puzzles, sale section (5/10/20 areas), stocking stuffers (some Lego Classic+ kits, unicorn puppets, etc.) some toys and best of all some tabletop videogame units. Saw Burgertime and 3 other game consoles! There are card games and board game sets as well and lots of space in the store to move around.

Did a quick look through Winners two stores away-another toy section has been put in where kids' apparel used to be and some menswear has been moved towards back and the front section in the former menswear has a relined men's hosiery and accessories area. Store has a decent hand sanitizer and face mask impulse buy area near the staffer's table where you get your hand sanitizer squirt upon store entry.

Yesterday did my banking (no CIBC 2021 calendar found as yet), and grocery shopping at Fortinos, Dollarama and Food Basics. Felt good. Then after a quick snack, walked out to Walmart and Value Village (did a look through kids accessories as today VV's private sale begins for 40% off kids' apparel and stuff starts and goes on for a few days; did see some new Burda sewing patterns added to the sewing area and checked out photo frames). Gave the living room and my bedroom a vacuuming also. Ran some laundry loads after 7pm and finally re-hemmed my regular pair of pants (the bottom creases has so many worn out spots) and let down hems on another pair (I need some hem tape or another solution because the I need the entire old hem allowance for length but there's 3/8 inch turn that I want to attach to tape before stitching it in place and I don't have hem tape).

Still no sign of my parcel from Alberta. 5 days express shipping was the promise. Maybe today's the day. But I'll send an e-mail for a tracking number.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information