User Tag List

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -yes sassy i feel congested sometimes too and my nose is always dry -i think being in with the heat on doesnt help.

Doing laundry and popped over to shoppers for some sales before the crowds.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    Having a new hot water tank installed right now. Our dog does not like being locked in a bedroom. I can hear her moaning and groaning lol.
    Dropped DS off at work already.

As soon as they are done and gone i will have a shower and get dressed for the day. I should get out for some fresh air even though its damp out.

Im in a baking mood too which never happens ( my sister is the baker in the family) will dig out my supplies and see what i make
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama your dogs sounds like mine . He cannot be confined loved to be in the open. He was never crate trained loves to be out and about. When he cry’s it’s loud and would never settled if he can hear and know strangers are in the house worse yet.

We upgraded our water tank about 10 years ago because we’re having hot water shortage when the DDS finish showering.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Chilli is in the Slow Cooker, Stew is simmering on the Stove. I thought about doing the Stew in our other Slow Cooker but I find it does not get the same flavour and it is harder to get the veggies cooked the way I like them.

Now, I need to find a Cornbread recipe, I was not a fan of the one I used last time. You cook it in a loaf pan and the top was drying out from baking but the bottom was not fully cooked.

Kitchen is now clean, dishwasher unloaded and reloaded (just a few things to go in) and hand dishes are done.

Hoping to get a few more things today but it is one of those days where it feels like it taking forever to get things done which usually limits my productivity we will see where I end up come the end of the day.
    Giseledta, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Thank you Crafter, I am feeling good this morning well I am tired and congested that is just life right now. Anyone else find lately they are always congested? I think it is allergies and my sister was just complaining about the same thing. Thinking it is a mixture of allergies and the weather. Mom is not up yet but she seemed better yesterday so hopefully today she will be all better.

Did my grocery shopping in the basement and pulled what I need for some of today's cooking. I have pulled everything I need to make:
    Beef Stew
    Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chilli
    Cornbread
    Carrot Apple Bread

There are a few other things I would like to make but I will get started on this and go from there. I also need to clean up the Kitchen a bit, we ran the dishwasher last night but did not do the hand dishes so I will tackle these once I get the Slow Cooker going with the Chilli.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    The high winds are making my allergies worse.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Im thankful for hot water. I think my boys will be to after a few cold showers they each had to have.
    I sat in the garage for a bit with a coffee and posted 2 things for sale.
    I need to go to the bank so think i will do that now and take a walk downtown.

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!
    Ciel, lilo0003, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    dont forget to save your p.c offers
    I moved 4 PC offers for next week and saw that my account actually showed them as saved. Will see next Thursday if they show up as available!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent today doing some Christmas shopping, I hate Amazon with a passion so my family is not allowed to buy me any gifts from there but I do shop there for the kids and with the current state I really have no choice. I expect we are following Toronto and Peel into lockdown, I live 2 kms to Peel so of course they are all coming our way if they need to shop so its only a matter of time. I don't really blame them, I found curbside pick up to be such a pain for Easter just imagine to craziness it means in December. So we spent the morning doing all of the stores in downtown that we would do for Christmas, British shop for stockings, kitchen shop for the kid who likes to cook and found the most incredible deal on a pan for him, normally 200.00 on sale for 80.00. I could not pass it up even if I don't give it to him for Christmas and may save until he moves out. I went to SDM & was sad they had no bonus offers today but theSwitch game that the younger had on his list was 30.00 off so that's a really good deal. They also have the other one he asked for so that I will wait for a point offer or redemption weekend as its 80.00, same price everywhere so buying at SDM is he way to go.
    I am currently fighting with PCO for 25000 points for a Joe Fresh offer. Its so annoying, the call center was useless and said I don't have such an offer so I had to screen shot it & send it to them. I find they never give the points when its so many points missing. I should have stopped at the customer service desk to see if they could fix it. If they don't fix it by Tuesday I am just returning most of the merchandise.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all.
    my current stress is my middle child is in a red zone. sigh. One of the convents in Quebec has a outbreak, thankfully it is not may aunts

i did the shopping this am . I may need to change it next week. sigh.. life is ever changing...
    this week , i went to global pets.. picked up Jaggers special dog treats. , he is worth it. and then did rcss. i did well there... co 51 already submitted. and points are good.
    friday i placed the last online order. i have 1 thing to pick up in a week or 2, but that can wait a bit
    I have the daycare kids gifts done.
    i know i am insanely early for this, but i just want to feel a bit... calmer in December.. if i am calm the dc kids will pick up on that and it will certainly help them
    I am putting together a box for a dc child who is still in lockdown in her house. it will have craft supplies... and her gift .

i will start decorating next weekend... i really believe if there ever was a year that people need decorated houses.. this is it.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Spent today doing some Christmas shopping, I hate Amazon with a passion so my family is not allowed to buy me any gifts from there but I do shop there for the kids and with the current state I really have no choice. I expect we are following Toronto and Peel into lockdown, I live 2 kms to Peel so of course they are all coming our way if they need to shop so its only a matter of time. I don't really blame them, I found curbside pick up to be such a pain for Easter just imagine to craziness it means in December. So we spent the morning doing all of the stores in downtown that we would do for Christmas, British shop for stockings, kitchen shop for the kid who likes to cook and found the most incredible deal on a pan for him, normally 200.00 on sale for 80.00. I could not pass it up even if I don't give it to him for Christmas and may save until he moves out. I went to SDM & was sad they had no bonus offers today but theSwitch game that the younger had on his list was 30.00 off so that's a really good deal. They also have the other one he asked for so that I will wait for a point offer or redemption weekend as its 80.00, same price everywhere so buying at SDM is he way to go.
    I am currently fighting with PCO for 25000 points for a Joe Fresh offer. Its so annoying, the call center was useless and said I don't have such an offer so I had to screen shot it & send it to them. I find they never give the points when its so many points missing. I should have stopped at the customer service desk to see if they could fix it. If they don't fix it by Tuesday I am just returning most of the merchandise.
    @lilo003 I had a similar fight with PCO when the had the Kashi offer. Did online and was of no help even send the screenshot, did the call centre was told by that rep That my case would be sent to there speciality department because the couldn’t see the offer and it was for 25000 points too and within 3 business days I-got the credit so don’t give up it all depends who u get at the call centre

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Turned into a pretty productive day and I am happy. I got the following made today:
    Ground Turkey with Sweet Potato Chilli - this was done in the Slow Cooker, I love this recipe since I pre cook the turkey, I just have to chop the onion and sweet potato and then it is a dump and cook meal

Cornbread - to go with the Chilli, I found a new recipe as I did not like the one I used last time, I am hoping it is good but have not tried it yet but am a bit worried, the top went kind of funny and worried it might be a little dry

Carrot Apple Bread -made this to use some of my overflow of carrots but only took 2 carrots and 1 apple but I think it will be good the batter to fruit/veg ratio looks promising and it smelled so good when it came out

Croissants - these sounded like a good idea when we bought them as they are frozen and you bake just what is needed but let me tell you, unless you have a ton of freezer space not a good idea and I wanted my freezer space back. I will turn these into a Croissant bake tomorrow, I was just too tired tonight, since the Croissants are baked and Chopped I just need to make the Cream Cheese Mixture and top with berries. Only thing is I had a lot more Croissants left than I thought so have enough for 2 batch so I might freeze half of the frozen Croissants

Banana Muffins - I had a bag of frozen Bananas in the freezer that were just annoying me when I was digging out the Croissants so I took the bag out and turn them into muffins.

Beef Stew - Has been made, simmered for hours added the veggies and is now in the fridge for dinner one night

Chickpeas & Black Beans I made last weekend are been flash frozen and are in Ziplock bags in the freezer for later use

Still a few things on my list that I did not get done, maybe tomorrow, maybe not we will see how I feel tomorrow. Lately on Sundays I try to not do a lot and try to rest and relax which I find is really helping me to feel like I do get a break. So we will see if I get the rest done tomorrow, if not it is nothing pressing.

Still need to write my meal plan for the week. Tonight we made Steak with a pan of Roasted Potatoes & Carrots (to use up the rest of my overflow of carrots), Roasted Garlic & Parm Butternut Squash (New recipe it was good but I think with a few tweaks it will be even better, it lacked garlic flavour) & Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions (Has some Mushrooms I needed to use up).

I cleaned as I went so the Kitchen was clean until we made dinner but after dinner well I was packing up the leftovers Mom did the dishes so we will start tomorrow with a clean kitchen, always makes me happy. Just a few dishes are in the drying rack which I will put away tomorrow.

Alright time to spend some time on Pinterest and find some dinner ideas for this week. I need to find something to do with Peppers but not feeling the Stuffed Peppers so we will see what I find.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a porch pick up this morning for 1 of the items i reposted yesterday. I was nice and held item for many days amd of course no show. Reposted yesterday and had 7 people interested!

My guy is making us coffee now. I feel lazy today. Hopefully once i eat i will feel like getting stuff done.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! I was up super early this morning. DH slept in so I couldn't make a lot of noise.

I opted for browsing deals and searching for company guarantees which stemmed from a Charmin complaints to P&G. It's odd because P&G is offering guarantees on some products eg Gain products for our US neighbors but not us. Today's plan is to do laundry while practicing ukelele, while printing coupons. It sounds silly but my "vintage printer" is very temperamental so I have to stay close to the printer.

We cooked all the ground beef that we bought on sale at Independent and made chili with some of it and the rest is in the freezer. Tonight will be simple with Coney Fries while we finish off binge watching a series on Amazon Prime.

Our car gets winter tires on tomorrow. I'm sure the auto shop's phone will be busy with the snow arriving today.

Have a great day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Snow here today. But I have my snow tires on. So planning a few errands, then going to use all the chicken carcasses I keep tossing in the freezer to make stock and them may do a batch of soup.
    I posted a few things Friday and the same person was the 1st to express interest and she was quick to pick up. She also e transferred the money which I love because then it really does go into savings.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We got our pre-lockdown haircuts this morning! Very pleased they called us on Friday when the lockdown was announced and said they would be working all day today to try to squeeze in as many clients as possible before lockdown. We were two of them! Set now for the holidays!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information