User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, the month of Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa and more. Advent calendar time...and December coupon rallies!

Besides tape, do you have AAs, AAAs or other batteries on hand for your gadgets and gifts? The weather forecasters promised a long Winter 2020 season.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Angela273, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel for starting this thread

Yes have lots of batteries at home. This year we are not exchanging gifts we are taking the money that should have spent on our family and sponsor a family in need in our community for Christmas. Through our local school that both my DDs attend.

You are correct it’s time for me to find some of the new tear pads that I want.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have yet to visit Fortinos this week as the store moved their coupon board to the closed entrance area and the store's been busy most of this week. If I spot your requested coupons, I'll DM you.
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

$316.16 November savings total. It’s my lowest monthly savings in 2020.

Coupons - 91.58
    10% off Tuesday - $8.94
    Amazon gc from Swagbucks - $10
    PCO - $10
    Air Miles - $100
    CO51 - $23.10
    SCOP - $1.54
    Stuff Sold - $26
    Contest wins $25gc - coffee shop

Gift cards
    $10gc from Sobeys promo

$10gc Mr. Mikes promo
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Nov 30th, 2020 at 09:57 PM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    we are having lots of snow and it’s heavy was already out clearing the patio area so my fur baby can get out and do his business.
    Kitchen is clean , have laundry to put away

Yesterday I cleaned out and recycle a few coupons that expired.

was out doing grocery shopping yesterday for fresh fruits and veggies . Hoping if I have to go out next week the tear pads coupons will be refill. The only stores close to my home is RCSS, Freshco and Food Basic.since I am living in a hot zone and we are on lock down I really don’t want to run around if I don’t need to.

Stay safe all
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Got up an hour later than I had planned, opps, was going to get up at 5:15 and start my day but didn't get up until 6:15. I am trying to get back to being my old early morning person. I am still a morning person but with Covid I do find I have been sleeping in more and I just find I am more productive when I get up early and get at it, I accomplish so much more.

With that being said today is a little off, got to working and went to log into our Test System which is where I do a lot of work only to get an error message and I cannot log in. Most of my day was going to be spent in the Test System today so now I need to replan and refocus my day.

We did get some snow but where close to what they were calling for and I am good with that, although we are supposed to get more as the day goes on today.

I have a few things I will tackle around the house today, mostly just day to day stuff and see where it goes.

Have a great day everyone
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Snow day for kids in my area. And the snow keeps coming! Ds is going to take care of the driveway and walkway today. I will do it tonight again after work for some exercise.

Laundry and house cleaning on the agenda tonight while the youngest is at work. Fridge needs a good clean out and will take a look at the upcoming sale flyers and decide on my grocery run for fresh stuff.

Have a great day everyone!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just checked up the upcoming flyers posted for Ontario. Lots of deals on fresh stuff! Perfect timing. I didn't really shop last week and this week I was planning on fresh stuff only. Will plan to shop on Thursday which will give me tonight to clean out the fridge. Thinking tomorrow is a perfect day for the crockpot so will take out a roast tonight and prep everything so I can just dump it in the morning. (have everything on hand needed!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning snow here hubby shovelled
    I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately,but i am handling it i think ( you are a mother thru and thru no matter what age your kids are)

A walk is in order later for sure or if i dont i will work on my new puzzle a winter scene as i find that so relaxing.

I just finished my dear grandkids xmas shopping bought cara underwear from the bay already on sale plus seniors day extra 15% off ,that way online is way better than going into stores(plus raketan) and free shipping as our numbers are rising .

I normally would get my haircut end of dec but booked for wednesday as if we go into lockdown (never know) then i wont have it cut .So i have my hairdresser gift basket already to go with nice stuff spent $31.00 filling it plus a small giftcard .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Still snowing here. Maybe this weekend I will look at future trips and dream since sounds like the border will be closed for a long time

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning snow here hubby shovelled
    I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately,but i am handling it i think ( you are a mother thru and thru no matter what age your kids are)

A walk is in order later for sure or if i dont i will work on my new puzzle a winter scene as i find that so relaxing.

I just finished my dear grandkids xmas shopping bought cara underwear from the bay already on sale plus seniors day extra 15% off ,that way online is way better than going into stores(plus raketan) and free shipping as our numbers are rising .

I normally would get my haircut end of dec but booked for wednesday as if we go into lockdown (never know) then i wont have it cut .So i have my hairdresser gift basket already to go with nice stuff spent $31.00 filling it plus a small giftcard .
    I need a good walk too but don't want to risk slipping and falling so I will dust off the Treadmill! It's time to start using it now since it's safer then icy sidewalks.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We were actually just discussing how we could set up our Air Walker to use for just this reason. Ever since I fell a few years ago (not on ice) and hurt my back I am worried about taking another fall. Plus Mom can use the Air Walker as it does put pressure on her knees and hips like a treadmill would.

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I need a good walk too but don't want to risk slipping and falling so I will dust off the Treadmill! It's time to start using it now since it's safer then icy sidewalks.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    We were actually just discussing how we could set up our Air Walker to use for just this reason. Ever since I fell a few years ago (not on ice) and hurt my back I am worried about taking another fall. Plus Mom can use the Air Walker as it does put pressure on her knees and hips like a treadmill would.
    Years ago my mom was walking down the main street in the evening and slipped on dog poop!!! She was more embarrassed then hurt haha. Wish I saw that video posted lol

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have come to learn I must be a little weird. I have been discussing working on some projects for work and today I did some testing and found an easier way to do the project. It will be easier in the long run but to start I need to manipulate a 60,000+ line spreadsheet and oddly it made me feel like my life was getting back to normal.

I shovelled off our steps so I could take the garbage out. WOW the snow is heavy, after just doing the stairs I felt very done. Will have to dig out the cars tomorrow.

Dinner tonight was Loaded Baked Potato Soup, love this soup it is so easy, tasty and just a nice meal on a cold day. Mom helped me tonight make it and she was surprised at how little goes in the soup but still have such great flavour. I was torn between this or One-Pot Chicken Lo-Mein but after shovelling the steps and not taking many breaks today just was not feeling all the chopping after a long day.

Did get the dishwasher emptied and a few dishes put back in and that is about it for me today. Although it is still early I might tackle something else before bed, we shall see how I feel.

Not much else going on. I find these shorter days are making me feel very tired, it is only 7 pm but I could totally go to bed LOL.

Stay Safe everyone (Bro & Step Mom both said the roads around here are not good, bro called the highway a skating rink) and have a great night

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information