User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter -happy 35 th anniversary-nice gift from your parents ,how thoughtfull.

Relaxing today ,laundry and doing my puzzle.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@crafter Happy Anniversary to you and your DH . That was very thoughtful of your parents to give you such a generous gift
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Not a bad day here, working from home was nice although I hit a wall at 2 pm.

I needed to get up and move around so I made spreadables. I was going to sweep the floor but there were some spots of water from loading the dishwasher and water and sweeping do not mix well.

Kind of annoyed, I put in the form to change from TOU to Tiered pricing and got a notification they were processing my request but then go another email saying requests need to be made 10 days before your billing cycle. The rates were not available 10 days before my billing cycle and sure enough I logged into my Hydro account and we are on TOU Hydro. I feel like a bit of a game is being played here, the rates were not available 10 days before my billing cycle and even though I requested the change it was not processed in time so now I am stuck on TOU for the month of November.

Now I am going to have to try to be super careful since I am back working remotely and Mom is home that we are careful of what Hydro is being used. This is why I choose to switched tiered is because we are both going to be home using Hydro during High Peak periods.

Alright think it is time for me to relax a little bit and watch some TV before bed. It was so nice this morning I woke up feeling well rested and ready to take on the day, I have to be serious and committed to finding balance in my life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy-i changed to tiered pricing online today too but will be on TOU til my next billing cycle,hense i just put a load in the dryer now from this morning.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Kind of annoyed, I put in the form to change from TOU to Tiered pricing and got a notification they were processing my request but then go another email saying requests need to be made 10 days before your billing cycle. The rates were not available 10 days before my billing cycle and sure enough I logged into my Hydro account and we are on TOU Hydro. I feel like a bit of a game is being played here, the rates were not available 10 days before my billing cycle and even though I requested the change it was not processed in time so now I am stuck on TOU for the month of November.
    This is the same for everyone and was communicated early on. The new rates did not come into effect until Nov 1 and we were told they cannot change your rate until your next billing cycle after Nov 1. We were able to submit our request mid October and did so to switch to Tiered. Even though it was approved before Nov 1 I knew it would not take effect until our next billing cycle in late November. That was clearly communicated I believe. It stinks but that is what it is
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Nov 3rd, 2020 at 05:55 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hi all... happy monday. i managed to get a insane amount of stuff done today... i feel ery good about stuff.... dont worry, i am sure that wont last....lol.

most of the halloween stuff is put away.
    a dc grandparent is donating stuff for a craft for me. it is going to be so freaking cute. . did a few nice messages to people...

i have a sporta plan for the week... sorta...

barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all. It’s a nicer day out today than yesterday.
    Did laundry already since I am still on TOU rate will be on tier on Nov4.

Kitchen is clean from last night . Just have to think what dinner will be

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I guess I have the week off work as I just got an email from the lady I work for saying she and her husband have been ordered to isolate until Nov 8 due to a Covid exposure. It sure is everywhere out there.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hope you're ok @lizzy Bargain
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    I guess I have the week off work as I just got an email from the lady I work for saying she and her husband have been ordered to isolate until Nov 8 due to a Covid exposure. It sure is everywhere out there.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! We had a lovely anniversary dinner last night. We made an 80s style dinner with caesar salad, french onion soup and steak with fried onions and mushrooms. We were too full to eat all of our steak.
    I used up some smoked Gouda from the Agropur promotion on the onion soup and it was delicious

We were supposed to make Irish coffees but I was to cheap to spend $3.99 on whipped cream for it lol. We haven't opened the irish whiskey so I think I'll bring it back to the LCBO and get a couple of good bottles of wine instead. Hopefully the LCBO takes returns now. eek

I'm strategizing for shopping over the next few days. I noticed Metro has the Agropur 3 year old cheese on for 50% off so that's on the list. Hoping I receive my Metro gift card by then.

Have a great day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to grandparents day at mastermind and saved 20% off the 5 toys i bought saved $32.98

Then popped into winners and found a nice fur lined (not for super cold winters) jacket "steve madden " and it fits and is black not puffy but streamlined on my body with a hood get a load of this price $49.99-so happy .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Looks like the Americans are all playing nice together so far on their election day. We will have to wait and see if it keeps up later tonight or maybe into tomorrow.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Tuesday! Brrr. Have I said too many times that I'm not looking forward to winter this year. But since DS's hockey will be close to home at our arena only we probably will go skiing/snowboarding more this year. Wait and see how the hills are this year.

I cooked rice and BLSL chicken breast this afternoon. DS made egg wraps when he got home from school so won't eat till he gets home from work. At least there is something ready to heat and eat.

Went to RCSS to get cucumbers (pm walmart) Grabbed 2 packages of Halloween stickers for .14 cents each package. Putting away for next year for my friends twins. Will see what other Halloween stuff I can find for cheap so I'm ready to send them a package next year

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Busy day but it makes the day go by. I started my day at home doing some of my own stuff for work and then headed into a branch as we had a staff member who was having Computer issues. Well I was there I did some paperwork and got a new system approved so now I need to put together a plan for this branch.

Tomorrow I might head to our out of town branch and see how things are going.

Had a nice long talk with my Dad which was nice, I know my Dad is always there for me but we do not have the best relationship which can be hard for me emotionally. I feel like my siblings get more of his attention and time and he is more involved in their projects vs mine. But, we had a long time and we are on the same page and he gave me the go ahead.

On my way home I stopped at No Frills to grab Milk and Potatoes. I had already bought Potatoes a couple of weeks ago on sale for $1.99 but when I saw them on sale for $1 I announced we were so buying more. I got:
    4 x Potatoes $1
    1 x Milk
    1 x Pepperoni (We love this Pepperoni and you get a huge package that last us months for $10)
    1 x Fresh Sage (I need this to make the Sauce for my Sweet Potato Gnocchi)

All and All I spent $20 so I am happy, originally my goal was $10 but then I decided since I was there I should grab pepperoni as we are almost out of the last package I got quite a few months ago. Since the package is $10 I knew I would be closer to $20

When I got home Mom saw the Pepperoni and decided she wanted Pizza for dinner so I put the dough in the Bread Maker and that did it's thing well I finished up my work for the day.

My home task today was I cleaned the Dining Room table and reclaimed my Home Office so I can work remotely when needed. I would really like to completely empty my dining room and rework the lay out but that is a task for another day as I will need to get Mom on board. Most of the stuff in the Dining Room are Mom's collectable but since we do not have a Wall Unit anymore we have no where to store them so they are living in boxes in the Dining Room. There is a Wall Unit she wants for the Dining Room but we do not have the $$$ to get it yet.

Alright, my day is done, it is time to relax, have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys trip
    $20.47 in coupons
    $8.94 for 10% off
    $50 in AM redeemed
    104AM earned
    $11.54oop paid with gift card that I bought on promo.

I picked up 6 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal (700g mini-wheats) for $1.24 each (after coupon, 10% off, and AM value). I’ll submit the receipt for the Kellogg’s promotion and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Nov 4th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information