User Tag List

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have freezing rain, but it’s mostly rain. It’s been drizzling since around 7am. No snow in Estevan so far. Saskatoon is putting out an all call. They need skidoos to transport staff to all 3 hospitals, which happens about twice a year. The storm isn’t over yet. My family and the school division that I am employed with are receiving the most snow. Various areas are experiencing power outages too. Not necessarily safe to send out crews right now...
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Nov 8th, 2020 at 10:42 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Got up this morning and off to once upon a child in a different location than i usually go ,they bought $65.30 from my daughter-in-law's bin .

Then popped into denningers and got deli turkey meat ,ham and a lovely apple pie for dessert tonight .Also they had walkers short bread on sale -yummm love it and i got a ritters dark chocolate bar on a reduced stand for .99 as close to expire date.

Doing my bedding from the spare room and gonna hang it .

So glorious out ,just made hubby and i a chocolate shake and sitting out the front in the sun.
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Nov 9th, 2020 at 02:08 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Woke up feeling a lot better today, not a 100% more like 90% but was actually kind of sad. Not sad that I feel better but sad that I spent my weekend not feeling well and now better in time to be back at work. I really wanted to get some stuff done around the house and I did get a few things done but not as much as I would like.

I feel like all my work days all are insane these days. As I am trying to work away today I just kept getting emailed more things to add to my to do list. I was tempted to work late tonight and try to knock out a few more things but I am sticking to my plan to find balance in my life which means not working till all hours of the night.

Tomorrow I need to head into a branch but hoping to only spend a few hours there and then back home to tackle my own stuff and maybe some stuff around the house.

Alright off to plan my Meal Prep for the weekend, make a shopping list and maybe tackle writing a to do list. I work best with lists and goals.

Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Due to circunstances of my bad health I choose to not post anymore and leave couponning thanks
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi friends. Read back a couple days.

What’s new with me?

I watched Schitt’s Creek and am in love with David Rose (Daniel Levy).

Almost done Christmas shopping. My best deal was Laura Secord box from Dollarama for $4. Has tea, hot chocolate and biscotti. Bought for teachers, coaches, kid’s mentors. I bought 11 of them and am guilty of clearing the shelf.

My class changed with school reorganization. We lost more student to online learning so teachers were surplussed to the online school and classes collapsed. I lost my grade 6 class and gained another grade 7 (there were 4, now three). So I am teaching 3x Gr 7 math science and all three classes have increased in size. It’s been a lot of work but I am finally resettling.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! Just came back from a 2nd set of shopping at Frescho and Metro. I found a few good buys ontop of my CO51 deals. I picked up skinless chicken breasts, rachel ray corned beef and johnsonville hot italian. I picked up some compliments orange juice to "test", my gut is that it might be Tropicana but cheaper. I also noticed that the compliments eggs were in a case labelled burnabrae so I was happy (with the pink stamps on the eggs)

We're having an early lunch of a grilled ham and swiss sandwich and then off for our haircut date. We found a cute little hairdressing shop and we both get our haircut done at the same time. We pay cash and it comes in even cheaper than going to super clips and our haircuts are way better.

After that, I'm toying with the idea of cleaning the interior of car getting ready for winter.

Have a great day!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Upcoming Ontario sale flyers posted. We don't need much other then fresh stuff so the .67lb apples on at WM are perfect for price matching! My kids love apples so will probably buy 10lbs the 1st day of the sale and on the last day of the sale!
    $2.99 almonds at GT too. We are out.
    2.97 frozen fruit FB.
    Grapes and eggs at NF.

I think that is about it! Will concentrate on using up what we have and be creative.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Hi friends. Read back a couple days.

What’s new with me?

I watched Schitt’s Creek and am in love with David Rose (Daniel Levy).

Almost done Christmas shopping. My best deal was Laura Secord box from Dollarama for $4. Has tea, hot chocolate and biscotti. Bought for teachers, coaches, kid’s mentors. I bought 11 of them and am guilty of clearing the shelf.

My class changed with school reorganization. We lost more student to online learning so teachers were surplussed to the online school and classes collapsed. I lost my grade 6 class and gained another grade 7 (there were 4, now three). So I am teaching 3x Gr 7 math science and all three classes have increased in size. It’s been a lot of work but I am finally resettling.
    Loved Schitt's Creek! So sad that it is finished.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Due to circunstances of my bad health I choose to not post anymore and leave couponning thanks
    @cath007 Hope your Health issue get resolve and you get better
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Went to work in the branch today, make a few changes, deal with a few issues.

On my way I stopped at the mail, got my sample source, picked up Mom's Pills for her at the Pharmacy and ran into the Grocery Store, I got:
    1 x Blueberry $1.77
    1 x Raspberry $1.77
    1 x Avocado $2.97 (Cheaper at RCSS but 35 minute drive)
    3 x Dish Soap $1.97 (Now fully stocked up)
    4 x Beef Broth $1.67 (I have tons of Chicken but needed more Beef)
    1 x Mushroom (Grabbed the Imperfect ones as my store would not price match Wal-Mart and that is 15 minute drive in opposite direction, when did mushrooms get so expensive, there price has spiked since Covid)

All and all spent just over $20 so I am happy. All of my stockpile items have been put away. Plan for tomorrow is working in another branch and then go to Costco after I am done.

Dinner tonight is Breakfast for Dinner, Eggs, Bacon, Potato Pancake and Toast.

Dinner is still cooking hopefully it is done soon, dinner, clean the kitchen and then time to relax before I do it all again tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Went to work in the branch today, make a few changes, deal with a few issues.

On my way I stopped at the mail, got my sample source, picked up Mom's Pills for her at the Pharmacy and ran into the Grocery Store, I got:
    1 x Blueberry $1.77
    1 x Raspberry $1.77
    1 x Avocado $2.97 (Cheaper at RCSS but 35 minute drive)
    3 x Dish Soap $1.97 (Now fully stocked up)
    4 x Beef Broth $1.67 (I have tons of Chicken but needed more Beef)
    1 x Mushroom (Grabbed the Imperfect ones as my store would not price match Wal-Mart and that is 15 minute drive in opposite direction, when did mushrooms get so expensive, there price has spiked since Covid)

All and all spent just over $20 so I am happy. All of my stockpile items have been put away. Plan for tomorrow is working in another branch and then go to Costco after I am done.

Dinner tonight is Breakfast for Dinner, Eggs, Bacon, Potato Pancake and Toast.

Dinner is still cooking hopefully it is done soon, dinner, clean the kitchen and then time to relax before I do it all again tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone.
    @SassyAshley I keep whining to my family about the price for Romaine Hearts and iceberg lettuce I paid for a Package of 3 Romaine Hearts last week for $5.98 I know what you mean about the price of mushrooms the RCSS that I shop at only carry the PC Brand so you can only PM if that’s cheaper at a Loblaws banner store
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@flemeth I read somewhere that their is a lettuce shortage due to the wildfires in California. Not sure if it is true but if Costco does not have Romaine tomorrow we will go without as my No Frills had the 2-packs for $5.89, not happening.

My No Frills used to Price Match as long as it their brand to someone's brand, you could get PC Brand if it was Compliments but now it is more hit and miss, seems to depend on cashier you get. Although to be honest all and all I was not happy with their mushroom selection I wanted 2 packs but only got 1 as the rest looked like they were on verge of going bad and noticed a lot of condensation in the packages.

I find lately and maybe it is because I do not shop as often as I used to but produce is very hit and miss. Last time I was in No Frills half the produce section was empty so not sure if there are issues getting product still.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Still warm out now but heard that changes later today.
    Dropped DS off at school and the fire alarms were ringing so they all had to exit the school. Hopefully they were let back in quickly since it is the last 2 days of this quad semester and no one wants to go.

Think I will save my pc pts now since I don't plan on going shopping today.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

for those who have Aeroplan their newly launched AP allows you to share points between family members-which may help with using up orphaned points.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So nice out hung a load out to dry plus did it before 7.00 a.m as i am not on tiered til dec2/20

Returned a game to mastermind an impulse buy 14.99.Then popped into winners and got 2 new bed sleeping pillows reduced $13.00 each reg 19.99 as i am tired of crappy old ones .

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information