User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I thought today was Thursday, so imagine my disappointment when I realized it’s Wednesday. Taking a break and actually eating lunch away from my desk. I may pop into metro today after work as I have the 99 cent oatmeal offer and it’s close enough to walk to.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Just went for a 20 minute walk -gotta get back into that .

Supper will be ham ,mashed potatoes and steamed carrots -using up stuff as i need groceries but waiting til friday when the new sales start.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well I am a domestic! LOL

During the past months with so much going on my scheduled room cleanings in the house were put on hold! [Wife is working on her thesis so I am do the grunt work! LOL]

So this week with pretty much all done for before winter I started back at it.

Monday was a top to bottom clean of the sunroom and today was a top to bottom of the kitchen ... about 2-2.5 hours each but done for now and back on schedule to do them more regularly so that will be easier!

And a well deserved martini afterwards never goes amiss!

So tomorrow it is the media room and groceries. Darn I am a domestic after all! LOL

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just started a 500 piece cobblehill puzzle and its all hard xmas candy and candy canes all the same colour .I think this will drive me insane ,no if i finish this puzzle i will watch how long it takes.As a thousand piece will take me a week.lol
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Went to work in the branches this today, spent a couple hours in each branch catching up seeing what is going on, do they feel there are any weaknesses we need look at. Added a few things to my plate but I am taking it one "issue" at a time so I will create my master to do list which I will then use to create my daily to do lists.

After I was done in the branches we went to Costco, long line up to get in although inside the store did not seem overly crowded but another long line up to pay up. It is Costco so I did get a few extra things, namely Toilet Paper, we did not need yet but just in case grabbed a pack so we should now be good until into the new year. Also noticed even though the paper towel had a limit of one per membership a number of people has multiple packages in their carts, I do not need paper towel and did not notice people leaving the store with more than one packages so hopefully they are enforcing limits.

They had no Romaine Lettuce so we will be going Salad free for a bit. I also noticed that a number of prices have gone up even further especially on the produce, seems like most packages of fresh produce went up a $1 per package. I was only going to get Cucumbers and Celery, I passed on the Cucumber as they went up in price but celery was the same so grabbed that. Will be watching Flyers for our other produce needs. Another impulse buy I did grab a 2-pack of Acorn and Butternut Squash I paid $4 per package and the squash are huge would have costed me way more to buy at the grocery store even on sale.

Tomorrow I will put away all of the stockpile items and other items tomorrow as we only put away the fridge and freezer items today. Doing this be my "breaks" tomorrow as I am working remotely and I have to get up and move around more when I work from home.

Now that my shop is done I can plan my weekend Meal Prep as I know what I have now. I know the following for sure:
    Homemade Teriyaki Chicken
    Taco Meat (Made the seasoning tonight as we had Nachos for Dinner)

I have a few other ideas but have not decided yet on my finalized plan but my plan is to finalize my plan tomorrow. Once I finalize my plan I can determine what I need to take out and pre prep on Friday.

Alright off to write my to do list for tomorrow and start planning my meal prep.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning ,off to shoppers seniors day for my milk and bread etc

Looks like i may have a $6.00 sale for daughter-in-law tonight a toy -i just sit it on the bistro metal table beside my front veranda and ask them to put the money in the mailbox -easy peasy .
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Sun is shining!

Just checked my PC offers. My #2 card has the $1.99 butter offer for the 3rd week in a row. And 1st time for .99 cent Lay Chips! DS will be happy about that. I also have 400pt per $3 spent on NN butter on the same card! Keeping us stocked up for sure.
    On my other card I have the get 40% back in points when you redeem $50 or more in pts. Tempting! I like this offer.

Dishwasher is almost full and ready to run this evening after 7pm. DS has a PA day tomorrow so he can put them away when he gets up

Fridge is starting to look empty It means they are eating up leftovers etc. Eggs are all gone! Good thing the egg sale at No Frills starts today! Will pick them up after work.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Nov 12th, 2020 at 10:14 AM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Nice and cool out.
    Just finished mopping the entire House. Kitchen is also cleaned.
    Didn’t check my PC offer as yet but I never gets the butter deal. I have had all others before. I will also PM the eggs sale at RCSS
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all
    Nice and cool out.
    Just finished mopping the entire House. Kitchen is also cleaned.
    Didn’t check my PC offer as yet but I never gets the butter deal. I have had all others before. I will also PM the eggs sale at RCSS
    I just started getting the offers so it may come to you!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I have never had the butter ,or lays chips .99 offer either maybe cause i go in there at least once a week -i dont know .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just posted a loadable PC offer for 3,000 pts on deodorant under the Shoppers Drug Mart deal section.

Brrrr it is so cold today compared to the last few days in Ontario. I can't believe how much money I am saving by not shopping due to Covid and avoiding online shopping (which has been a major temptation). Have been clearing out my freezer and make lots of meals from the frozen stuff. BTW I am in love with the stuffed salmon at Costco. I cook them all and than freeze each one individually and will cook rice or make a salad once it has defrosted.

I decided to go to Tier pricing as I don't use a lot of hydro. I found replacing all my bulbs with LED's has made a huge difference in my bill along with using a heated throw and a portable electric heater when I am watching tv.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone!
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Happily getting through my work to do list for today, nice to get a few of these things off my plate.

I took a quick break and shorted all the items we bought yesterday into where in the house they need to go. My next break will be to take everything upstairs, I just reorganized the bathroom earlier this year but I feel I need to tweak the closet again. There are still a few items I need to find homes for so I think a quick re organize is needed. Not sure I will get the re organizing done today but will lay out what still needs a home so I have an idea how much space I need to make.

Still need to work on getting better organized on house stuff, I want to start organizing things the same way I do for work. A master to do list that I can use to make my daily to do lists, I just find organization really helps to keep me focus and also not overwhelmed and then do not really accomplish a lot.

Alright back to work I go, I just got an email I have to try to decode.

Have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well did not end up doing any more cleaning today - just could not!!!! So went and spent $$ instead. Much more satisfying, but now have to do twice as much cleaning tomorrow! LOL
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Thu, Nov 12th, 2020 at 04:50 PM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No Frills was clearing out bacon for $1 package. Found 3 nice ones. Cooking up a package now! DS is at park playing basketball. I bought him frozen pizza and chips since tonight is the end of the 1st school semester and he can chill out.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley it's interesting you mentioned the Romaine shortage, I noticed a lady stocking up with multiple grocery bags full of Romaine at Metro this week. She must have been stocking up for a restaurant or something. During Romaine shortages, we use baby spinach(in the plastic bins) for caesar salads (creamy dressing) and it's a good alternative.
    p.s. your Teriyaki Chicken sounds delish
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information