Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning -up early .

Well the kijiji person never got back to me ,sometimes its a hassle .

I just had an email from walmart for a free calender from their photo shop for 2021,the code is good til nov 15th .So i did it totally free a nice gift for me as i still use a wall calender in my kitchen ,that made my day
    That sounds nice - enjoy your gift!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

So this morning went to sobeys as they overcharged me ,went early at 8.00 a.m .Here is my storey i called yesterday as i noticed on the bill my pistachios rang up 6.99 the sign said 4.49.I looked over my bill in the store but totally missed the nuts .When i called they put me thru to produce and the guy checked and said yes you are correct theya re 4.49 .I then told him i didnt have the car but i would be in sat morning very early -thats fine .

So i go this morning and the supervisor goes and checks and said -no sorry the sign is not up .I stood my ground and said it was there yesterday ,then she gets another supervisor or manager involved and he said sorry madam .S o i walked with him over there to show him where i got them from "'but i cant just give it to you i could be audited".So we walk back he quickly goes in behind the a door to check and see if they were on sale last week and out comes the supervisor at the til and she goes to ring them thru,i said i get scop yes $6.99 back on my debit .I said to her maybe the guy i spoke with could have wrote down the problem and that i was coming in sat.

It just ticked me off but i did manage to buy 2 more rolls of toilet paper (double rolls) now i am stocked up ,as with the numbers rising i will only be grocery shopping every 2 weeks .
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow I feel for you. Good that you stood your ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    So this morning went to sobeys as they overcharged me ,went early at 8.00 a.m .Here is my storey i called yesterday as i noticed on the bill my pistachios rang up 6.99 the sign said 4.49.I looked over my bill in the store but totally missed the nuts .When i called they put me thru to produce and the guy checked and said yes you are correct theya re 4.49 .I then told him i didnt have the car but i would be in sat morning very early -thats fine .

So i go this morning and the supervisor goes and checks and said -no sorry the sign is not up .I stood my ground and said it was there yesterday ,then she gets another supervisor or manager involved and he said sorry madam .S o i walked with him over there to show him where i got them from "'but i cant just give it to you i could be audited".So we walk back he quickly goes in behind the a door to check and see if they were on sale last week and out comes the supervisor at the til and she goes to ring them thru,i said i get scop yes $6.99 back on my debit .I said to her maybe the guy i spoke with could have wrote down the problem and that i was coming in sat.

It just ticked me off but i did manage to buy 2 more rolls of toilet paper (double rolls) now i am stocked up ,as with the numbers rising i will only be grocery shopping every 2 weeks .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

glad you stood your ground coupon girl!!!!! go you !!!!

ok... a nice broc and cheddar soup is in my large dutch oven.
    i did all the shopping, everything is stocked nicely.
    independent had very large roasts on for 2.99 lb. yes... very large .. as in cut it up into 4 very good size roast... 1 for big family meal , and 3 for reg family meals.
    all in the freezer already.

i figured out the rest of Christmas.. next friday i will place my last order. and then i just have a quick pick up after that .. a nd done. my goal is to be able to handle my december easier .. i suspect it will be stressful

so tomorrow we have .. storms and high winds... i plan on sticking in the house... and i have housework to do ... i also plan on working on some daycare prep to plan out the crafts ect for now till Jan 1.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Super productive day here but I also took some breaks so not an exhausting day which was my goal. Started off well, slept in a little (6:30 LOL sleeping in for me) but woke up with some ambition and got started, today we:
    Made 4 packages of Teriyaki Chicken for the Freezer
    Cooked 3 Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot and Shredded and bagged for future meals
    Broke down and packaged the Chicken Wings
    Marinated and Packages the Steaks I bought
    Made Homemade Mac & Cheese (Still need to package for the freezer)
    Broke down a bulk Box of Tea and Sucker Sealed the extra bags
    Broke down a Bulk bag of Rice into Sucker Seal bags
    Packaged and frozen buns (we have 2-packs of 6 in the freezer)
    Processed all the Bread I got at Costco for Freezing
    Sorted and packaged the Baby Spinach I bought (used one of my keep it fresh longer hacks, we will see how it works on Spinach)
    Celery (I found this hack that really works to extend our celery's life, broke Costco package into 2 packages)
    Black Beans & Chickpeas (Soaked and tried cooking for the first time in the Instant Pot, I did 1 cup of each, I think my Chickpeas are a little over cooked)
    French Toast (Made this for Breakfast but made some extra for quick grab and go breakfasts, will freeze what I don't eat this week)
    Apples (Had some apples with some spots on them so I turned into "Nanny's Special Apple Pie" which my Mom loves)
    Made Spreadables

There are still a few things on my list I did not get but I am super happy with what I got done and even if I do not get the rest done tomorrow I will still be happy. Although I still have a Butternut Squash I need to use up and would prefer not to just make soup.

I still have some work I need to do this weekend, I am still writing the production schedule for one of our production plants and did not get that info until late last night so I will need to do that today or tomorrow but should only take an hour max, other than that, no work for me this weekend. I am determined to find balance in my life and not always be exhausted.

Alright off to write my housework to do list for the week which I will do over the week and not all in one night. Then off to Pinterest and see if I can find something "different" to do with this Butternut Squash.

Have a great night everyone
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Nov 14th, 2020 at 07:01 PM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Decided that i could do SDM 20x the ponts wus 50 with the Armstrong cheese. On 2 for $5. Had .75 cent off coupons. Personal pt offer of 400 pc pts per $2. Bought 20 and 2 butter for $1.99 each. Also received 400 butter pts! We are stocked up on both( have butter in freezer and bought 2 for $1.99 for the 3rd week in a row)
    ( oh was out of town and was shut down at 2 SDMs for too many cheee and told only 1 coupon allowed) the tag did not say limit of 2 ( flyer did) came home and my SDM let me purchase with coupons with no issies.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Nov 14th, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did the 20x at SDM too, bought the kids and DH their usual Lindt advent calendars on sale for 10.00 and a bonus 6000 PCO when you spend 20.00. We are going in to lockdown (red level) Monday so I tried to get as much done today as possible and lines are back at the grocery store. Did LCBO and Costco last night. I shelved the eat from the pantry and freezer idea and made sure to stock up. I hate online shopping so will go back to 1 store only every week to ten days which the deals will be fewer. I had a double PCO for chicken so bought 4 packages at Fortinos. I love their meat. The two offers gave me 300 PCO for every dollar spent. Even found some coupons while I was out.
    Last edited by lilo0003; Sat, Nov 14th, 2020 at 09:06 PM.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Our area also moves into the Red on Monday. Friday when I went to No Frills it was insanely busy and the cashier I had said normally they are not that busy on Friday afternoon so could have been from Ford's announcement.

On Thursday when I went to Costco even though it has not been announced yet that we were moving back into the Red Costco was insane but a lot of people in line were discussing that they think Ontario as a Province will be shut-down early December. So many said they were there to get stocked up for Christmas before we got shut-down again.

Personally I am feeling good, I know what we have on hand, we might have to get creative but we are good and stocked up. I am also super happy I got a few fresh items last week and even just these few items are nice to have on hand and give us a few more options in our cooking.

My plan is to go back to meal planning this week, it really worked well for us when we were in lockdown the first time. We are not good with meal plans that say we are having X - Monday, Y - Tuesday so instead what I do is come up with 10 dishes we have everything on hand to make and then we can choose from these dishes for the week. I find generally we only 4 to 5 dishes off my meal plan as there were be a few day someone is having a craving and we eat something not on my meal plan so the extra meals just roll over to the next week. Sounds off but works for us.

I will also start trying to plan 1 to 2 meals each week that are "new" to us or things we rarely eat to give us some variety in our cooking. Plus I will continue to Meal Prep on weekend to try to help us during the week get those dishes on the table and not turn to Take-Out. I have a plan so I am happy.

Although I do have to ask, has anyone else found the flyers lately to be a little disappointing? I feel like especially the Loblaw Banner stores a lot of items in their flyers are just their everyday price and not a "sale." Do not get me wrong there are still a few deals to be found but I find there are fewer deals each week and not the variety we are used to.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    Its raining here

For those with the $2.00 Dove Deodorant coupon and a Fortinos near by you can have Free Dove Deodorant and money maker after coupons , instore Points and digital Points .
    @lilo0003 saw you mention you were at a Fortinos did you try this deal
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sassy .. i meal plan the same way. it works well.

woke up.. did the dishes.. fell asleep had a nap... just waiting out the bad weather.....

i might do a bit of menu planning and play on pinterest for a bit... or i might just watch movies with my hubby alll day
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Giseledta I feel like we are having the same type of day, sitting here watching the American BBQ Showdown and surfing Pinterest looking for new recipe ideas.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day!

My guy made a nice breakfast of quiche and homefries. I cut up a pineapple.

Did some running around. Picked up lots of stocking stuffers for my boys and a neat fun toy at Home Depot.
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mother Nature sure knew how to have a party aka storm yesterday. Literally let her hair down and let it rain branches, leaves and actual rain. Had to nap most of afternoon away-the pain was an issue. Spent most of weekend getting through season 1 of Star Trek Discovery (Michelle Yeoh fan here). Have the second season coming my way soon.

Spent this morning raking leaves and collecting/snapping/sawing branches. Used all of my yard bags-so much for not raking...Body is tired so no errands this afternoon (had a light lunch and naptime is approaching as I need it). Will start writing my Xmas cards tonight for distribution/mailing this week. Am glad our library system is still open but was stunned yesterday to learn via Twitter about the Friday news regarding Hamilton and other places going to Red status as of 12:01am. Will be a hard fall if I don't manage to walk and to get to the library at least 2x per week to get reading or DVD materials (and some printing done).

I have already recycled my Food & Drink magazine (saved a few recipes). There was a Leon's Hello Yellow supplement tucked inside the issue but no coupons to share here. Longos Ancaster has resumed the stocking of their grocery flyers instore (YAHOO) and their Holiday Experience magazine, bagged with the 2021 Calendar) is also available.

If you are getting store e-mails, check for any changes to exchange or return policies. Fabricland ON (Region 1) is not charging for their plastic bags as stores are not allowing reusable bags. No exchanges or returns now-all items are considered final sale.

The sky seems intent on letting more snow to fall. I've seen individual snowflakes drop from the sky while doing yard work today. Keep cosy everyone!
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -yes ciel ,i love the library and have many books an d movies on hold ,so i hope it doesnt shut down anytime soon.
    Well my son dropped off a few winter coats in a bag on the front porch yesterday ,so i decided i will post them on kijiji for my daughter-in-law and sell them for a resonable price -they may go as its getting chilly out there.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Sushi night last night went better then expected. I didnt starve lol.
    Tonight im making meatleas turkey with mushroom gravyand shredded old cheese on top, perogies, green beans and broccoli slaw.
    Picked up a 10lb bag of onions for 99 cents will share with my mom and inlaws. 3 tubes of handsanitizer for 94 cents for my purse. .84 cent stainless steel water bottle for ny niece ( for little kids mine are too old) bag ckips for .24 cents( sticking stuff my mom and mil) more teeth flossers for
    44 cents.
    Happy with my little haul.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information