User Tag List

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No tax at RCSS. The LOL ball at Walmart for $5 I couldn't find but they had it at RCSS so even better deal without tax!
    I plan to wrap my nieces Christmas gifts tomorrow! To keep it simple I am wrapping everything up then putting it all in a big box and wrapping that box Then it doesn't look like i went crazy haha.
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yes Loved the NO TAX at RCSS took advantage on the Dove Deodorant deal
    $2.98 X2=5.96-$4.00 (2x$2.00 coupon)=$1.96-$3.00 (3000 PCO points wub2)= -$1.04+ I had a digital offer for 600/$3 and I claimed $3.00 from CH 51. Also got some soap and body wash

The deodorant was a money maker. I just put everything in the donation bin didn’t need any more deodorant
    Last edited by flemeth; Thu, Nov 19th, 2020 at 01:53 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Yes Loved the NO TAX at RCSS took advantage on the Dove Deodorant deal
    $2.98 X2=5.96-$4.00 (2x$2.00 coupon)=$1.96-$3.00 (3000 PCO points wub2)= -$1.04+ I had a digital offer for 600/$3 and I claimed $3.00 from CH 51. Also got some soap and body wash

The deodorant was a money maker. I just put everything in the donation bin didn’t need any more deodorant
    o

I have to go that way tonight so will grab some deodorant as it was on my list but I forgot my list in the car!
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did not do the budget any favours today! Oh well! It was fun!
    Went to a local British Store and stocked up on XMAS supplies and yummy stuff from the UK!
    Then stopped by the LCBO and again filled my cart with all things we wanted for XMAS and beyond.
    We are ready if they shut down the city again!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Not a lot going on tonight, still battling this headache, today is actually worse than yesterday, grrrr. I fought my way through my work day and even got everything on my to do list done which is huge today as all day all I have wanted to do is lay down and sleep. Really hoping tomorrow it better, fingers crossed.

Mom wanted Chicken in Mushroom Soup over Rice for dinner which surprised me as she said she still is not feeling well and up until 4 pm she said she just wanted soup for dinner. It was craving and we went for it simple, quick and comfort food which was nice today.

I went through the fridge well we were making dinner to see what we have that needs to be used up so I can start planning my meal prep for the weekend. Since I will be a branch most of next week training our new hire plus I agreed to cover one of the order desk girls this week I want to make meals we can have in the fridge ready to go so we do not turn to take-out. So far I have decided on:
    Beef Stew
    Ground Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili
    Egg Bites (For Mom's Breakfast, not my thing)
    Carrot Apple Bread (Have some Carrots I need to use up)

I still need to find something to do with some peppers I need to use up. Also thinking I might make some side dishes so than we only have to make the main. I will finalize my list tomorrow and might during my lunch tomorrow do some of the prep so hopefully Saturday can just be a cook and bake day. I would like to be done early Saturday if possible, I really wouldn't mind a relaxing restful weekend since I know next week will be busy.

Alright off to spend some more time on Pinterest and see if I can find more ideas for my Meal Prep this weekend.
    Ciel and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I relaxed today in the morning ,did a bit of my crazy puzzle .Then i decided to check on kijiji and see if i should lower my daughter-in-laws items which i did and looked at the toy section.

A lady had a free item -a barbie escalade ride on car -or big jeep type ,the posting was up an hour and i asked if she still had it as her house was 12 minutes away from ours -yes she did .Hubby and i rode over but it did not fit in our trunk (it was big) so asked if we can come back at 3.30 when my son got home from work .The car was a bit faded and about 3 or 4 years old but still worked .

Tonight i got 2 phone calls from both granddaughters cara (almost age 3 and ashlyn age 7) and they were thrilled. Ashlyn just fits in it if she gets any taller she wont ,maybe next year and cara is so tiny -they love that i got it for them .

Then popped over to shoppers as i needed milk ,bread etc
    I spent 70.00 and got 16,646 points as it was seniors day -i had 5,400 in personal points

One great deal was the starbucks coffee in bags i got (2) 8.99-4.00 manager cpn-2.00 cpn=2.99
    (1) k-cup dark blend 10's 8.99-4.00 -2.00 cpn=2.99 they all expire in dec 11/20 but half will be gone -my deal of the day.
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning,
    Another day and this headache is still here but better than yesterday, not as good as being gone but I will take it.

So far I am plowing through my work to do list which makes me happy. I am feeling a little overwhelmed, I have a lot on my plate and with a new hire coming on next week and a previous commitment to cover on Order Desk I am worried my own work will come to a screeching halt or I will have to work nights and weekends to stay on top of everything. I am hoping to get as much knocked out today as I can to get myself in a good place.

I am also seeing if taking little breaks here and there will actually help me be more productive so I am tackling little things around the house I can get done in 15 minutes of less. Right now I am flash freezing the beans I cooked last weekend as I think my plan will be to store them in a Ziploc bag so when we need them I can just scope out what we need. I will see how this system works and go from there.

Alright time to get back at it and see how much more I can knock off the to do list today.

Have a great day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Old navy has sweaters 50% off, bought some last week, so going to return and/or price match. Wrong foundation colour, hope to get an exchange. This is why I hate shopping!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With expectations of another lockdown coming (and there it is on Monday!) I was out today getting a few more things ... more LCBO (no line up today!) ... supporting my local bookstore with a large purchase ... and take out from local for dinner... I am ready to be locked down for the next month... I just hope the COVIDIOTS out there learn from this or XMAS will be a lock down too!
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel for Toronto and Peel being placed back in Lockdown but I also worry they will come to York Region to avoid the restrictions. I already know a number of people in York Region who are going to Simcoe to avoid our current restrictions.

Sadly I think it is a real possibility we will be spending Christmas in Lockdown

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    My day started off well but I am not wondering if this headache was the start of something coming on. This afternoon I started to feel pretty horrible and Mom who has had not been feeling well the past couple of days announces that is exactly how it started for her. I am feeling better now so fingers crossed it is nothing and I will wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

But with that being said I decided not to do my pre prep this afternoon just in case. I do not want pre prepped food in the fridge that ends up being wasted if I do not feel well tomorrow. Fingers crossed I am hopeful after a good night sleep I will good to go but would prefer to be cautious. I do have a back up plan, there are a few things I can make in the Slow Cooker with limited effort.

Alright think it is time for to catch up on my Thursday TV viewing on PVR and rest and relax and early to bed for me.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Really hope that you and your Mom are ok. Take good care of yourself and hopefully you'll feel better soon. Hugs
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    My day started off well but I am not wondering if this headache was the start of something coming on. This afternoon I started to feel pretty horrible and Mom who has had not been feeling well the past couple of days announces that is exactly how it started for her. I am feeling better now so fingers crossed it is nothing and I will wake up feeling fine tomorrow.

But with that being said I decided not to do my pre prep this afternoon just in case. I do not want pre prepped food in the fridge that ends up being wasted if I do not feel well tomorrow. Fingers crossed I am hopeful after a good night sleep I will good to go but would prefer to be cautious. I do have a back up plan, there are a few things I can make in the Slow Cooker with limited effort.

Alright think it is time for to catch up on my Thursday TV viewing on PVR and rest and relax and early to bed for me.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you Crafter, I am feeling good this morning well I am tired and congested that is just life right now. Anyone else find lately they are always congested? I think it is allergies and my sister was just complaining about the same thing. Thinking it is a mixture of allergies and the weather. Mom is not up yet but she seemed better yesterday so hopefully today she will be all better.

Did my grocery shopping in the basement and pulled what I need for some of today's cooking. I have pulled everything I need to make:
    Beef Stew
    Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Chilli
    Cornbread
    Carrot Apple Bread

There are a few other things I would like to make but I will get started on this and go from there. I also need to clean up the Kitchen a bit, we ran the dishwasher last night but did not do the hand dishes so I will tackle these once I get the Slow Cooker going with the Chilli.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    @SassyAshley glad you are feeling better today.

Was up early so did some baking I make banana muffin and oatmeal cookies. Laundry is on the go . I also tied our family room . just need to put away a the dishes
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning
    @SassyAshley glad you are feeling better today.

Was up early so did some baking I make banana muffin and oatmeal cookies. Laundry is on the go . I also tied our family room . just need to put away a the dishes
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information