User Tag List

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning, bit of a grumpy mood this am.
    i am missing middle child. sigh. alot.

i plan on working on laundry a bit.. have loads to do.

a few weeks ago... my oven decided to stop working... ( large pop.. scary stuff) any hoo a neighbour posted a stove... i am going down, if the snow stops and picking it up.
    i contacted leons... 6-8 weeks before we could get a delivery.... so , we are going used. the price is very good.
    sigh. big picture .

ok . laundry. wait for snow to stop.

i should work on the dc stuff a bit. and bring up a few christmas bins.... maybe find some outdoor christmas stuff. maybe...
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hugs @Giseledta . I'd giving anything to hug my 2 daughters right now. One is in TO and the other, out in a small town in BC
    Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning, bit of a grumpy mood this am.
    i am missing middle child. sigh. alot.

i plan on working on laundry a bit.. have loads to do.

a few weeks ago... my oven decided to stop working... ( large pop.. scary stuff) any hoo a neighbour posted a stove... i am going down, if the snow stops and picking it up.
    i contacted leons... 6-8 weeks before we could get a delivery.... so , we are going used. the price is very good.
    sigh. big picture .

ok . laundry. wait for snow to stop.

i should work on the dc stuff a bit. and bring up a few christmas bins.... maybe find some outdoor christmas stuff. maybe...
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    A bit of a blah day here, I am blaming the weather. Yes, I know I live in Canada but it does not mean I have to be happy about the snow. Hoping we do not get as much as they saying but we shall see.

I forgot to do the production schedule for work so I did that this morning. It takes me about an hour each weekend to write this and create the production orders for the upcoming week.

Laundry is going, I cannot wait to move to tier pricing so I can do laundry during the week well I work and do not have to wait for the weekend. On that note has anyone gotten confirmation of being moved to tiered pricing? I got an email confirming they got my request and another email would be sent when the change was made but I do not have the second email and my billing date is end of this week.

I found a handful of new recipes to try on Pinterest last night so that makes me happy. Hoping added a couple new dishes each week will help with our cooking blahs lately. As odd as it sounds I think our real struggle is eating 3 meals a day at home, when we were working outside the house as odd as it seems it just seemed easier. I find even with meal prep by the end of the week we are just blah and almost done with cooking which is weird for us as we both enjoy cooking. I feel like we have gone from one extreme to the other, no time to cook to all the time to cook and it feels odd to be struggling but we are but I am determined we will not turn to Take-Out so I have made it my mission to keep us on track with no to little take-out. I have this house fully stocked with food, there should be nothing standing in our way other than ourselves.

I am really working on finding a better balance in our life. I have come to see I would better off routine and schedules so I am thinking of trying time-blocking to see if that will help me. I have been really good at finding me time lately (although this week will be the test) and finding focusing and getting things done for work but now the house is suffering so I am still working on finding balance. A work in progress but I will get there.

Alright off to see if I can find some ambition and decide on tonight's dinner

Have a great day everyone
    Giseledta, Ciel and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter-my dear daughter lives in toronto also and i miss her dearly.

Yesterday we took cara's present over and let her open it with (our masks on ) as she is 3 now on tuesday .She loved the cry baby doll i got her.

Last night made homemade pizza yummmy .

Tonight i am tired so breakfast for supper .Well again i had person message me for my address for a puzzle to buy ,i messaged her back in the morning at 10.00 and no reply ,so sick of kijiji sometimes.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just ordered a soft 20 page picture book from walmart -reg 7.97 =free with a code they sent me .Why not ?
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did not sleep well at all last night, one of those nights where I think I spent more time awake than a sleep.

Working from home for a little bit until my doctor's appointment, after my appointment I will head in to meet the new hire. I may end up there a bit early so I will also stop by production see how things are going.

Last night we just had the Beef Stew I made for dinner, we were not very hungry as we had a late lunch so kept it simple and easy. I did make the Croissant Bake yesterday which we had for dessert, it is so good. I still have enough Croissants to make another batch so I think I will freeze those for another time.

Alright must find some focus and see what I can get knocked out before I need to leave for my appointment.

Have a great day everyone
    Ciel, lizzie bargain and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went out at 7am to freshco and Loblaws just to see if anything changed. Not a thing. All quiet. No lines. Picked up some items and got some SCOP at FreshCo and went home!

Hope all enjoy the day!
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up 2 bags of old dutch red/white tortilla chips for nacho night.(GT $1.99) Expire Feb 2021. Think i will pick up a few more bags. Good to have ready for winter. Nachos and game/movie night go well together!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I have decided, I am not a fan of winter driving or more so the way others drive in the winter. I control how I drive but others are another story.

Went to the doc was in and out 4 minutes before my scheduled appointment.

Then I went and met our New Hire and started her training, will go back again tomorrow for more training. In the past when training a new staff member I have been in the branch in the branch with them Open to Close for the first week but I am taking a different approach now. I am aiming to have a couple hours each day to get my work done vs working outside work hours to keep on top of being me.

Originally I was going to tackle a few things once I got home but I am so tired, I really did not sleep well at all last night and I have a hit a wall. A bit to early for bed so thinking I will work on some other projects I have on the go that do not involve physical activity.

Have a great night everyone
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I was so tired last night I went to bed at 8 pm, I just could not be awake anymore. I did wake up around 4 am but was able to fall back asleep and ended up sleeping until almost 7 am. Guess I really needed the sleep.

Just finishing up a few small things for work and than I will head in to work with our New Hire.

Noticed for some reason we seem to be going through our last bag of Milk quickly so within the next couple of days I will need to pick up Milk. We also need more Mushrooms and if I go before the sale ends I will grab another box of Clementines (Love Clementines), that should be it for this week or at least until the new flyers come out on Thursday, although I am not sure there is much we need. I am feeling very confident we are stocked up, even the Milk I have some in freezer but I am saving that incase things get worse here with Covid or to use over the winter if the weather is bad.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    I keep getting logged out of SC
    I cleaned the kitchen
    Sweep and mop the first floor . I have laundry on the go

No I will sit and have a cup of tea and read
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have an ungodly headache today. I really should take a sick day but I have too many meeting & too much work today. Just on line to pay the credit cards so I can get that off my list. I made a batch of Turkey and wild rice soup last night using the broth I made Sunday which turned out amazing. So that is dinner tonight. I know i am not going to feel like cooking.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

On vacation this week.
    My guy had a clothing rack kicking around his shop so i have it now and have just cleaned out a part of my closet i haven't seen in 10 years. Have a dress pick up in the next hour waiting in the porch! Posting as i go along.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -i just ordered a few clothing from the gap and old navy(nothing for me ,as i didnt see anything i liked ) for the girls and hubby .The deal was 50% at old navy and 50% plus and extra 10% at the gap and i had a code for 15% off due to a problem awhile back .

I am not waiting til black friday as i dont feel the dela will get better (as a lot of stores are posting now as their black friday deals and the sizes are going )

Hubby's chino athletic pants i got for 21.24 and i know they will fit as i bought him a pair in august for 28.00 and i hemmed them after washing and he loves them way cheaper than hagger from the bay .

Plus i decided to buy the next sixe up for ashlyn and cara for gifts for next year ,where do you get t-shirts for 2.97 and leggings for cara for 2.96 -didnt see anything in boys for sebastian as its hard to buy ahead for him as it may not fit when the time comes .

So i may not be doing any black friday shopping this year we will see.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Evening. I sorted through some cupboards and the fridge today. We have way too much food accumulating so it's time to use things up. I also feel guilty about grocery shopping and black Friday shopping so I'll try to keep my food spending down.

Tonight I used up 2 types of pasta along with a red sauce and Janes chicken strips that I found in the freezer. DH loved the pasta assortments so perhaps I'll do it more lol. I was reading an article about saving and it said that if you stock up on sales and skip one week of shopping every month you can save a substantial amount so I'm going to try to use things up.

Snowtires were put on yesterday so we're ready for the colder weather. The car battery was low on power though so the mechanic charged it. I'm glad with have Canadian Tire Road assist.

Have a nice night!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information