User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Ordered a few things for Costco online, as well as Giant Tiger as they had free shipping 

I too am avoiding Amazon. I noticed some ebay listings are in fact Amazon, as I was sent the wrong product in a Amazon envelope/label which is annoying.

I read today that Naturalizer is closing its' stores in Canada and The Bay is not paying their rent. Concerned as I'm not a fan of Walmart, and I like variety when shopping. I have lost track of how many things are now made in China. I frequently will put made in China and PRC (people's republic of china) back on the shelf.

I spent my Neilson Homescan $100 visa win on pet food. Had planned to use it on groceries but wanted good quality food for my cats. Debating whether or not to adopt a 4th cat (I know cat lady in the making), as most rescue dogs have a strong prey drive. A dog would get me out walking but I don't want a puppy.

Does anyone know where I can buy cotton sweaters? All I see are polyester, which makes my skin itch.
    Naturalizer is not a busy store but is one of the few places to find footwear past size 10 (if you go in early enough when new styles come in. I understand some regulars make a point to get their sizes in their fave styles right away.)
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Not sure if this is a deal but Sobeys is showing 2 for $10 Wonderful Pistachios (200-225g bags) in the new flyer. No idea about any maple syrup (did not see any in flyer).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fistful of admail and addressed mail came yesterday-got a 25% off medium size flat rate box coupon from Canada Post (gave it to a friend). Was excited to see the Voila $15 off $100 min order code because I was waiting for such an incentive to try Sobey's new delivery service! I've seen a delivery van on my street about 2x per week this month. Mom got a letter from MPAC about what value of the house will be used for next year's property taxes. Think it's time to see if MPAC's record is accurate on the house. There's a certain deadline to adhere to if there is a reassessment request.

After 6am today (some fool was using a mechanical device to pound metal again but it's not ok until 7am for construction; I heard the noise during 10am yesterday for a long period too), I spotted the community paper bundle with flyers. No Sobeys, No Frills or Metro flyers but did get Farm Boy and Freshco, plus Longos (first time in months via paper) and usual Fortinos and Food Basics ones. I've posted images of the gift card deals in the GC thread --I don't have all the details but anyone with the Sobeys flyer might be able to post the details on a couple of the three card promos shown.

Nice to see Rexall showing 10% off stamps as of Friday! Store also has a three day gift card promo.

My everyday umbrella broke a rib. I'll use it for light rains but still have the big bubble umbrella on hand for the bigger rains. Returned a Walmart item yesterday (Mom got the wrong item) and used cash for two grocery items and some towards a pop (had a major craving for one).

Have two Christmas cards done and the rest must be out by tomorrow. Have stalled so long on the task, that a little step is helping!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Ciel Where did you find the Canada post flat rate box coupon? I just bought a large one to send to DD..it cost around $29 that would've been great to use for sure. Thanks and have a great day!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well... Got a scary letter in the mail the other day. A final notice from the City of Toronto for a parking ticket (2 weeks after the notice was issued.) I've been dealing with this since the begining of the month. But after I made my call on the 10th to put in a review on the ticket, since I was at work in St.Catharines when the ticket was issued to my plate, I just checked and the fee has been Cancelled, Withdrawn, and Complete. So one less thing that I have to deal with now...

Now.. I just have to deal with stupid National Student Loans. I've been locked out of my account for 3 months now, and have not been able to apply for repayment assistance. But Trudea said that because of these issues (unable to get through), they will let you retroactively apply for it... Meaning I should be able to get the assistance with my September income versus my October or November which has been a bit more that normal...
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to shoppers today and got my seniors discount -picked up some chocolates for xmas gifts ,nuts ,milk etc
    I got 3 chicken breasts for 10.00-30% close to date=5.60-20% plus personal offer of 1,000 points =4.60 or 1.53 each (awesome deal)

Going to pick up my oldest granddaughter at school and take her to an appt where my daughter-in-law will meet us .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Got a free set of lights at Lowes. It was advertised for $6.99 but rang up at $7.00, so I told the cashier that the code of pricing thing means I should get it for free. The supervisor agreed and I have free Christmas lights It pays to argue over a penny!

I couldn't find the After Eight orange chocolate at the Shoppers I went to. Will check next week and buy it at 20% on seniors day. Frustrated as this Shoppers is larger than my regular one but didn't have it. Curious what it tastes like as I love orange chocolate. (I miss the orange Aero bars).

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The Asian appitizer pack at M&M's is on for $9.99 so i grabbed 1 for one night durjng Christmas break. My mom always bought when i was a kid. Figured great for a movie/ easy nght with salad etc
    Found my missing Visa! All is good now.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Busy but productive day, I went into the branch finished up he first phase of training with our New Hire, will have to go back next week to check their "homework."

On the way home I stopped at the store to grab Milk (still not sure how we went through the last bag so quickly), I ended up getting more than Milk as I found a few good deals which were mostly fresh produce. I got:
    1 x Milk
    2 x Avocados ($1.97/bag, got 2 one is almost ready to eat now other bag will be ready late next week)
    1 x Limes (2.5 lb bag $2.97, to go with the Avocados, plus I have a recipe I need them for cheaper then buying just a couple)
    1 x Cucumber (Naturally Imperfect bag I got 6 cucumbers for $3.97)
    3 x Bananas (Not on sale just a craving)
    2 x Pork Loin ($1.87/lb, should get 5 meals out of these)
    2 x Mushrooms (Naturally Imperfect were cheaper than the ones on sale)
    1 x Tetley Earl Gray Tea ($4.97 Mom's fav and it rarely goes on sale)

It cost me a little more than I wanted to spend this week but I am happy with what I got. I originally had not planned on buying any meat this week but as I said before I found some Slow-Cooker meals I want to try plus it will give us some variety. Also did not plan on the tea but it is what it is. Grabs some extra veggies but those a nice treat (wow you know you are a grown up when veggies are a treat LOL)

We also cleaned out our fridge even scrubbed down all the shelves so that makes me happy. A few things have been frozen for later and have a few things we will need to use up during this weekend's meal prep.

Just need to finish up some work now since I took a break and stopped on my way home, nothing big just a few small things to get off my plate and still need to figure out dinner.

Have a great evening everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Hi everyone. Next time I pop in I will probably be posting in the December thread.

I read a few pages back and it is good to see everyone.

COVID-19 Update: BIL test was a false positive. It was a real ordeal. Everyone in the family tested negative, they still had to quarantine. They are calling it a remote positive meaning he was positive at some point.

No symptoms. No real contacts. Seems strange. Making me question how many other remote positives there are. I am NOT saying COVID isn't real with real impact, just questioning the numbers and government motive.

I lost one of my classes (grade 6) and gained a third grade 7 class as well this month. I think I mentioned earlier. I feel like that has finally levelled out as far as workload goes. I am back into a rhythm, which will probably change in January if (when) they mandate we all go remote (shudder). There is lots of foreshadowing but no decision. I'll survive.

On the financial front. Christmas shopping all done (but a few Tim's cards) and all wrapped (but Santa gifts for kids). We did pretty well supporting local and staying on budget.

Our home equity LOC finally came through and we moved the cottage purchase on to that from regular LOC (half the interest rate). They dropped our mortgage rate as premium customer bonus too. We didn't know, it was a GREAT surprise. We are paying 1% (drop from close to 3%) until April 2022. We will really chisel at the principle in that time!!! Super happy! Renos in the spring for the cottage, but we have a budget and a payment plan.

Off to watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel!
    Last edited by Granger; Thu, Nov 26th, 2020 at 09:30 PM.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    @Ciel Where did you find the Canada post flat rate box coupon? I just bought a large one to send to DD..it cost around $29 that would've been great to use for sure. Thanks and have a great day!
    It came in the mail for the medium size box. Restrictions-no additional insurance or signature options are allowed. Thus I'd advise everyone to keep gifts under $100 value in those boxes as that is what CP insures before requiring customers to buy more insurance. My friend did not get the coupon, as far as I know, so I gave it to her.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Black Beauty movie streams today on Disney+. A few more days until Mulan will stream on Disney+ without additional fee. There's a 3min Disney short From Our Family to Yours that's worth seeing too.

Got 4 more Xmas cards done and plan to tackle rest of list in the afternoon. Last night's dinner was cooked ditali pasta with one tin of Rio Mare tuna, one Primo pizza sauce (from 198ml tin),some red curry spice (am loving it), some dried herbes de Provence, a splash of red wine and 5 tiny garlic cloves that were pressed and mixed into the pasta/sauce. Yum-ate the lot!

A week ago, I called the CPP line in the afternoon and found out the death benefit is only ever issued after the death of eligible CPP recipient (to their estate)--no early access if one wants to pay for prearranged service before death (because I asked!). BTW, my assorted part time and short term jobs don't count (something about hours/time redistributed or something) to whatever CPP requires to attain said benefit. So my advice to anyone whose only ever had a series of part time jobs--find out if you have the min. requirement of hours/service years for your estate to collect the $2500 CPP death benefit. At least I managed to have a private conversation (others family were not in the house-whew) and I allowed myself some tears for 10min. By last Sunday I was fine with situation and realized this was likely the outcome, I just left it too late to confirm. Should have done this 6 years ago. Life lesson...
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Nov 27th, 2020 at 12:32 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good all I took advantage again with no tax at RCSS today.
    Bought some Axe body wash to donate . RCSS has an instore PCO points offer for 4000/$10 spent on Axe products and I have a rebate offer from CH51 for $1.50 Limit of 5 and I used $1.50 coupons

$2.98x7=$20.86-$8.00 (PCO)=$12.86-$10.50 (coupons)=$2.36-$7.50 (CH51)=-$5.14

was also on the hunt for the new coupons that @mcminsen posted in the Dollar cent thread most of the good ones were already cleared out. Would have like to have the Cracker Barrel cheese, Sunlight Booklet and the Persil booklet and the Red Rose tea but all was cleared out already. Hoping to trade for these

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -my dear mom didnt qualify either i guess she worked part-time in a factory for a bit then decided to have me and my younger brother as my dear dad wanted kids .She babysat later in life ,but that doesnt count.I did inquire after she passed and she didnt have enough hours .

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I cant believe i am not black friday shopping online -glad i started early this week as 2 clothing items from the gap and old navy were sold out today if i had waited til today .

My free walmart calender is ready to be picked up ,but i am sure not going out today.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information