User Tag List

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree1382Likes

Thread: November 2020 Frugal Chatter thread

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I went into Food Basics with my friend after we were done streaming our Disney+ shows and the store was steady but not packed. Helped that we went after 2pm. Pop cases are fully stocked-no Mountain Dew Baja Black but some cases of Dr. Pepper are left. Lots of Cranberry Ginger Ale (Canada Dry) and other Coke products. Noticed that Nestea lemon iced tea has a $5 coupon related to food delivery? service. Regular Pepsi cases have NHL markings for their Hockey's Back contest. Did not look at various grocery shelves to see if there were tear pads out.

Plan to go back out to see if my bank has the 2021 calendars. I don't want to miss out this time!
    barbis9, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl It's sad that mothers missed out on many benefits due to nature of having to take time off work to raise kids. Now CPP death benefit is a flat $2500 to eligible persons-no longer do estate trustees have to guess what portion of the CPP benefit comes to them .Change took place last year in January-handy knowing that as I told Mom when Dad passed what the estate would receive.

I don't know if you have took time off work until your kids were up to age 7 but make sure your son and daughter sign off on your CPP. form before you ever submit CPP paperwork for pension. Thanks to past Harper govt, you could get an increase to pension related to childcare in early years. Bro and I did that for Mom before she applied for her CPP pension years ago.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This week I had Parent Teacher Interviews for my students, two night. Student Led Conferences for our own children on an alternate night. Today is my day in lieu, aka earned day off. Today is the first full day that I’ve taken off since I accepted this teaching position 3 months ago. I’m hanging out with our 3 children. I promised no school work for any of us today. It’s long overdue.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We have done some of our Christmas shopping online and some in person in our community. We have also donated to the angel tree and local food bank.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

December 2020 thread is up before my brain turns into pop: https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/441518...a/#post7099916

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Took a peek at the Dr. Oetker site in German and noticed a promotional freebie in certain marked baking products:
    https://www.oetker.de/gratiskalender Seems there is a code to enter online for the calendar. *I don't know German but some of its words are kind of easy to figure out as being close to English ones* I assume the offer is limited to certain European countries but it's worth a try.

I think it best to find the German labelled items in your local delicatessens to see if you can spot the Kuchen or Kugelhopf or quick loaf mixes.
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Was working in the branch today to cover on Order Desk. Cleaned out the bin of stuff from my old desk, tat felt good, went from a large tote to being able to fit what I was keeping into my backpack to bring home.

Dinner tonight was leftovers, currently eating some Garlic Noodles, yum.

I started to plan my meal prepping for this weekend last night, basing it on what we found in the fridge that needs to be used up. Still gotta find something to do with some peppers. So far I am making:
    One-Pot Chicken Lo-Mein - This will use 2 peppers so it is a start
    Spinach & Ricotta Pasta Bake - Looks like an unstuffed stuffed shells, will use some of the Ricotta I have on hand
    Butternut Squash - I have one I need to use up, it has a soft spot
    Enchilada Sauce - Hard to find in my local stores so what to try making my own, I have some Tortillas to use up
    Peanut Butter Dip - Nice for Snacking
    Egg Bites - For Mom (not my thing) will use up some of the spinach I also need to use
    Process the Pork - I think I should be able to get about 5 meals from the Pork Loins I bought on sale, will cut and freeze

Not a lot on my list yet, we will see how I feel tomorrow. If I have ambition I may add to my list if I don't I will get done what I want to do and then I can chill out. A show we previously watched on Netflix (Virgin River) has released a new season so I see some binge watching in my future.

Hope everyone had a great day and a wonderful night
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

BurdaStyle.com has a DIY Star Advent Calendar craft project: https://www.burdastyle.com/blog/diy-...dvent-calendar

The US site also has a Black Friday pattern sale-buy 3 digital patterns (you'll need to make an account and know how to scale the pattern to your printer paper) and get 1 pattern free. Promo ends on Nov. 29. https://www.facebook.com/BurdaStyleS...type=3&theater
    barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just sorted through many of my coupons. Recycled some that are expired. I’ll see if I can make any quick trades for Dec 31 expiry coupons. I have a nice little collection of FPCs to use Tuesday evening at Sobeys for 10% off day. Some items I might buy simply to use the FPC and donate the food items.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Up early this morning, woke up at 4:30 but nope fell back asleep and got up at 6:30.

I went to bed with a headache and I still have one now, I think it is from talking a lot well wearing a mask this week, I find this tends to give me some sinus pain so I may need to take a decongestant today. It is weird but when I asked my Doc he just reminded me I have sinuses that hate me LOL.

I purposely wrote our production schedule after dinner last night so I would not have to work at all this weekend but Bro sent an email today about production so I needed to log on and deal with that. Should have only taken 15 minutes but took more like 30 because I also found an error I had to send off to be corrected.

Now I am drinking so tea and hoping this headache will pass. I had my plan for today but honestly I really want to bake and I had not planned on baking so I might have to come up with a plan b and bake today instead.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow I've never heard of the Sobey's 10% off day. Is it just out west i.e. in previous Safeway stores? Best of luck with your strategic Sobey's shopping @Angela273
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I just sorted through many of my coupons. Recycled some that are expired. I’ll see if I can make any quick trades for Dec 31 expiry coupons. I have a nice little collection of FPCs to use Tuesday evening at Sobeys for 10% off day. Some items I might buy simply to use the FPC and donate the food items.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -crafter it must be only out west ,as i have shopped sobeys the last 2 years in ontario and i have never heard of it .

I got my 10.00 sobeys gift card in the mail as i had to sent it off thru the mail couldnt upload a huge bill .

I just got 5 free xmas card photos from walmart thru the email they sent me -i did 5 of sebastian for my daughter to have ,as i know my son/wife always go to costco and get them of the girls .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Nov 28th, 2020 at 09:43 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Wow I've never heard of the Sobey's 10% off day. Is it just out west i.e. in previous Safeway stores? Best of luck with your strategic Sobey's shopping @Angela273
    I believe it is all Sobeys and Safeway locations. You get 10% off your entire purchase when you spend $50 or more in one transaction. This only happens on the first Tuesday of each month.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hi- i just called my local sobeys to inquire about the 10% in ontario on the first tuesday of the month and they dont do this.
    Maybe crafter you can call your local sobeys to inquire .

I did find out they open 7.00 a.m everyday ,i thought it was 8 so i will get my few groceries on sunday .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My Sobeys and Safeway are 15% off the first Tuesday of the month. I try to combine that with marked down short dated meat when I go as I find otherwise they are kind of pricey.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread Information