User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 38
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Airmiles - Shop the Block - November 19 - December 28, 2020

  1. #16
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,260
    Likes Received
    29992
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    For the Amazon offer can you buy amazon gift card for this offer TIA

  2. #17
    plc is offline
    plc
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    661
    Likes Received
    1111
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    For the Amazon offer can you buy amazon gift card for this offer TIA
    Fine print indicates no.

    Here is what they show for terms.
    Please note: Included categories have changed as of December 1, 2020.
    You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

    Included categories*:
    Amazon Cloud Cam
    Echo Devices
    eero Devices
    Element Smart TV
    Amazon Fashion Private Brands (exclude Prime Wardrobe)
    Fire TV Devices
    Furniture (exclude Nursery Furniture, Home Automation, Fine Art, Home Décor, Bedding & Bath, Floorcare, and Home Storage)
    Handmade
    Jewelry
    Kindle Tablet devices
    Kitchen & Housewares
    Lawn and Garden
    Luxury Beauty (exclude Haus Laboratories)
    Musical Instruments
    Pet Supplies
    Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
    Shoes
    Sports & Outdoors
    Watches
    crafter and Davelikes2save like this.

  3. #18
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Just outside London
    Posts
    4,657
    Likes Received
    14763
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)




    i did the global pet one this weekend. i am looking at maybe doing 3... maybe... i will see how it goes.
    covid ... affect this
    Davelikes2save likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

  4. #19
    Canadian Genius lilo0003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,281
    Likes Received
    21098
    Trading Score
    68 (100%)




    I will likely get 3 for Shell, Airmiles shops and Amex. Not sure my Amex will work as the plan is to buy 300.00 in gift cards at sobeys. But if Amex looks closely they will see it was not an actual grocery purchase. But this week the GC purchase gets me 200 Air Miles so I am willing to risk it.
    Davelikes2save likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

  5. #20
    Mastermind Anna Michele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO
    Posts
    23,527
    Likes Received
    31455
    Trading Score
    551 (100%)




    I've done sobeys, foodland, air miles shops, the childrens place and shell not sure if there's 2 more for me this round has been a tough one

    Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    Davelikes2save likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

  6. #21
    Canadian Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    12,260
    Likes Received
    29992
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by plc View Post
    Fine print indicates no.

    Here is what they show for terms.
    Please note: Included categories have changed as of December 1, 2020.
    You will get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made in the following categories. All other categories, Gift Cards and Amazon Subscriptions are excluded. You will NOT get AIR MILES® Reward Miles on purchases made via the Amazon app.

    Included categories*:
    Amazon Cloud Cam
    Echo Devices
    eero Devices
    Element Smart TV
    Amazon Fashion Private Brands (exclude Prime Wardrobe)
    Fire TV Devices
    Furniture (exclude Nursery Furniture, Home Automation, Fine Art, Home Décor, Bedding & Bath, Floorcare, and Home Storage)
    Handmade
    Jewelry
    Kindle Tablet devices
    Kitchen & Housewares
    Lawn and Garden
    Luxury Beauty (exclude Haus Laboratories)
    Musical Instruments
    Pet Supplies
    Ring Video Doorbells and Cameras
    Shoes
    Sports & Outdoors
    Watches
    Thank you @pic I was just curious
    Davelikes2save likes this.

  7. #22
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    524
    Likes Received
    1158
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)




    Question if anyone has any thoughts. If I shop Childrens Place through Airmiles shops and hit targets for both. WOuld that count as two partners?

    Thanks.

    Also to note: I usually do the AMEX one but this year it reads as a specific card that I don't have. Just noticed if anyone else did as well.

  8. #23
    plc is offline
    plc
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    661
    Likes Received
    1111
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)



    Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    Question if anyone has any thoughts. If I shop Childrens Place through Airmiles shops and hit targets for both. WOuld that count as two partners?
    It should.

  9. #24
    Mastermind Anna Michele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SOUTHERN ONTARIO
    Posts
    23,527
    Likes Received
    31455
    Trading Score
    551 (100%)




    I hope so that's how I did those two offers - together

    Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    shopperwho likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

  10. #25
    plc is offline
    plc
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    661
    Likes Received
    1111
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)



    I’ve completed the Shell, Children’s Place, Airmilesshop and BMO MC. I went to Sobeys to do a shop earlier this week but didn’t have the code for them to scan for the. 5x. So frustrating that you need to have a code scanned to get these offers. I contacted airmiles to see if anything can be done after the fact. They took my info but I’m not sure if it will work or not. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do another big shop before the end of year. My freezer and pantry are well stocked and all I need are perishables of dairy, fruits and veggies.
    walkonby likes this.

  11. #26
    no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Scarlem
    Posts
    42,614
    Likes Received
    74434
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)




    Well I have completed all 7 ....BUT if it wasn't for online Christmas shopping and other needs that coincided with the STB offers, I probably would have only been able to justify doing 5.

    My list:

    1. Sobeys 5x the miles = 50 AM................................................ ........................................$191.13
    ( in grocery )
    ( 314 extra BAM earned on marked products, digital offers and paid with BOM mastercard )

    2. 5 AM @ Shell with a 30L fill up................................................ .......................................$ 30.00 (fuel ) paid with BOM mastercard )

    3. 30 AM wys $100.00 in 1 transaction @Airmiles shops.ca ( Christmas gifts )
    paid with BOM mastercard

    4. 250 AM BMO offer wys $700.00@ AM sponsors. Shell, Metro, Sobeys, Lowes, Cook It, etc )...$700.00
    ( pretty easy to reach $700.00 as I double dipped )

    5. 500 BAM from Cook It ( 1st time customer )................................................. ...................$ 69.00
    ( gift for DS ) ( paid with BOM master card )

    6. 50 BAM wys $30.00 @ Metro Floral dept.............................................. ............................$ 35.03
    ( 4 poinsettias, 2 Xmas cactus ) ( paid with BOM mastercard )

    7. 20 BAM wyb 2 cases of 6 x 330 ml Asahi beer.............................................. .....................$ 27.60
    ( hiccup! ) ( paid with BOM mastercard )

    I opted into the BOM offer right away and started STB on the first day.
    The large $700.00 spend using my card was accumulative and used for nearly all my purchases.
    I do enjoy the benefit of double/triple dipping as some of my receipts qualified for other AM offers I received ( other than STB ones )

    Still if the next STB is this annoying I may have to finally pass on it.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Dec 12th, 2020 at 09:02 PM.
    plc, shopperwho and Davelikes2save like this.




    babies teach us acceptance

  12. #27
    CaNewbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    1
    Likes Received
    0
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Has anyone seen their shell purchase hit their card? We did the lotto spend $20 and haven't seen it hit the card.

    Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

  13. #28
    plc is offline
    plc
    Senior Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    661
    Likes Received
    1111
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)



    I’ve seen the base miles from my fill at Shell but no bonus miles for STB

  14. #29
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,384
    Likes Received
    1632
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    Can I ask some really basic questions? Is it still worth collecting airmiles? We used to collect them up to about 4 or so years ago when they changed the way they worked and did the big overhaul. The deals don't seem to be nearly as good as they used to be, I'm just wondering if I am missing something or if someone can give me some good tips for someone who hasn't collected airmiles in a few years?
    I used to shop at Safeway and get quite a few, but that closed down
    TIA
    walkonby likes this.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

    PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points



  15. #30
    Smart Canuck Arjon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Greater Toronto area
    Posts
    1,749
    Likes Received
    3962
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Colsgirl View Post
    Can I ask some really basic questions? Is it still worth collecting airmiles? We used to collect them up to about 4 or so years ago when they changed the way they worked and did the big overhaul. The deals don't seem to be nearly as good as they used to be, I'm just wondering if I am missing something or if someone can give me some good tips for someone who hasn't collected airmiles in a few years?
    I used to shop at Safeway and get quite a few, but that closed down
    TIA
    How much you can get out of Air Miles largely depends on how much time and effort you're willing to put into it. Personally, as a 100% cash miles collector who doesn't normally shop at the grocery partners, I find the program has gotten less rewarding over the past few years. I'm also shopping less overall due to the pandemic. So, while I'll still collect over 2000 miles total on our two accounts this year, this will be down over 60% compared to our highest year.
    walkonby and Davelikes2save like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •