User Tag List

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

I am thinking of buying Lagostina potsand pans and while shopping at Sears I saw that Lagostina has a powder cleaner just for their post. Does anyone use this cleaner can anyone tell me if it works, or doesn't it. Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've had Lagostina pots since 1990 (back when they were made in Italy, not China) and have never heard of the stuff.

Are the pots you are looking at non-stick? If they are the regular stainless steel, you don't need it. Just soap, water and the odd Brillo pad have kept mine in top shape. People don't realize that mine are over 23 years old by looking at them until they see the 'made in Italy' stamp

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Quote Originally Posted by pippinelkhound View Post
    I've had Lagostina pots since 1990 (back when they were made in Italy, not China) and have never heard of the stuff.

Are the pots you are looking at non-stick? If they are the regular stainless steel, you don't need it. Just soap, water and the odd Brillo pad have kept mine in top shape. People don't realize that mine are over 23 years old by looking at them until they see the 'made in Italy' stamp
    Thanks
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I bought my set of Lagostina pots and pans at Costco. Keep in mind that there are several different lines from this company, some are better made than others. The ones made for Costco are very sturdy and have strong rivets and will last you a long time. I bought a set of Lagostina pots from Sears over 20 years ago that fell apart. The great thing about Costco is that they have the awesome warranty, so if anything does go wrong with it, you can get your money back.

I do use the stainless steel powder to shine up my pots. I don't use it all the time, just when I want them to look extra clean and shiny. You don't need to buy that specific brand, any stainless steel cleaning powder will do. I bought my last container at Winners for $2.99.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we have Lagostina pots and pans as well. for normal everyday cleaning i use just soap and scrub.. for more of the cooked on situations i always just use a little tiny green scrub pad with a bit of soap and some elbow grease.. voila sparking clean. never used powder on them. if anyone does its hubby. i love my pots. we used to have teflon coated pots. omg never again. we got our set at Zellers years ago.. apparently it was marked down to like $50 or something because someone took it out to look at it didnt' know how to put it back in the box. so they marked it down. hubby and i stood their with our kids for about 15 minutes and put it all back in. closed er up and bought it.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Donno about the cleaning powder, but i bought my parents a set from Sears about 5 or 6 years ago for Christmas. Not sure the "line" but they were definitely Lagostina. They're still working great for them. They just use soap and water and the regular dish scrubbie thingy (the green scrunge...) to keep em clean. They're great pots!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I got a set of Paula Dean pots for Xmas (which are awesome btw) & it was the first time I ever saw an instruction to soak the posts in baking soda & hot water before the first use to remove the "protective coating" is that what this powder cleaner is?
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Horndogg View Post
    I am thinking of buying Lagostina potsand pans and while shopping at Sears I saw that Lagostina has a powder cleaner just for their post. Does anyone use this cleaner can anyone tell me if it works, or doesn't it. Thanks
    My friend once saying that she has tried and it was average as per her opinion.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

i bought some of these pots. When CT had a sale. i find after boiling anything, i get a stain on bottom of pots. i wash first then for a bit of vinegar, let soak for a few minutes. pour a bit of baking soda. rinse, wash again. look like brand new. never heard of a cleaner.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have had my pots since 1995 & love them. I do have the cleaner but only use it when they are in need of a bit of briightening up. You can often find it at winners for much cheaper then sears.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Thread Information