User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks that's a fantastic suggestion! I never thought of using a swiffer wetcloth @SassyAshley . I use my swiffer to clean and dry the top of my car. I found a blue shaggy microfleece years ago that fits a swiffer. Hairspray is tough to get off the walls, I'll get DH to help with that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Crafter now sure if it will work on chalky kind of paint but I do the walls and ceiling in our Bathroom with a Swiffer Wet Cloth. Then I spot clean the tough areas like the wall behind the mirror which ends up with hairspray on it.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Another trick I have learned is Steam helps so I usually do the walls and ceiling after someone showers or I put a few inches of hot water in the tub close the door and let it sit for 5 minutes and then I scrub walls and ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Thanks that's a fantastic suggestion! I never thought of using a swiffer wetcloth @SassyAshley. I use my swiffer to clean and dry the top of my car. I found a blue shaggy microfleece years ago that fits a swiffer. Hairspray is tough to get off the walls, I'll get DH to help with that part.
    barbis9, Ciel and crafter like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Again @SassyAshley , that's an even better suggestion. I'm a tad guilty of taking hot showers and the bathroom is like more like a steam room at that point. I'm super pleased that you gave some suggestions! Thank you so much!
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Another trick I have learned is Steam helps so I usually do the walls and ceiling after someone showers or I put a few inches of hot water in the tub close the door and let it sit for 5 minutes and then I scrub walls and ceiling.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So I chatted with DH about the Home savings idea for cleaning jobs..i.e. a job we could hire a friend to do for us cleaning wise. We decided on $25 everytime we put a good dent in the cleaning chores. We're more or less shuffling money but for us, we need that incentive and reward.
    Ironically, DH approached me this evening about where to allocate funds this year when he snowblows. Our neighbourhood used to have free snow clearing in our association fee, now people who want their driveways done pay $30 each time or prepay a larger amount. We purchased a snowblower last year and quickly paid it off with our $30 savings each snow. We decided to have a snow savings account for future appliance/machine purchases.
    Finally, we discussed the carwashing/detailing category and agreed that money saved will go towards tires etc. note- we take our driving insurance off one car during winter so the savings we help with that as well. So now we have 6 savings categories that are actually bulked together in one savings account at a bank.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning made $13.00 in total for my son from kijiji better than nothing .
    Last night a dad came at 8.30 no problem i put the outside light on and sat the bag on front porch .It amazes me how far someone comes for a 3.00 item thou ,but then again its a popular kids toy .

Maybe i will wrap today or see if i can post a few more items .
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Garbage day here today

Took the mac and cheese out of the freezer so that is dinner. So I will make sure to get a few things off my to do list since I don't have to slave in the kitchen today.
    I've lent my portable table to a friend but I wish I had it. I makes cleaning/organizing easier when I have a spot to move stuff to.

Will bring my Christmas wrap bin to the diningroom today and get started on the gifts for everyone else but my boys. A few people I do a box of useable/fun (to me lol) stuff and will get them organized but not wrap yet in case I find a few more items to add. The other day I found foldable reuseable bags for .64 each so grabbed a few of those for the boxes.

Ok I better get some work done, have a fantastic day everyone!
    Ciel, coupon girl, crafter and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

(((Hugs, @Angela _273))) Will keep him in my prayers today.
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Dec 8th, 2020 at 11:26 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lineups are back outside at the local Walmart Superstore as are the extra security guards. On Sunday, I popped into Walmart for sewing notions then over to Value Village-did not find any dvd or book worthy of my private sale 40% off coupon. No luck on clothes. Popped two doors over into new Dollarama-$20 later...it was busy and all tills were open. Went back today for a light shop and runthrough with friend-no crowds. Better sightlines and a cross aisle halfway down each aisle (the easier to skirt shoppers with full carts in aisles).

Seems that Canada Post is running two days behind promised delivery dates on parcels. My Bay order was due to arrive yesterday-nothing came and I checked during the morning and afternoon several times. Today, I check the tracking number and the new date is tomorrow. CP website mentions volume is causing delays. I will hold off on any more online shopping except for groceries next week.

Saw this food prices to rise in 2021 article-better keep your carbon tax credit next year around to help offset the rise in California produce (due to wildfires) and chicken! https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...021-new-report

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Yesterday was a day, we do inventory this weekend and yeah I am one popular person as managers now try to figure out why their inventories are off before we actually go into Inventory and they just have to "take the hit" on their inventory being off. I started work at 5 am (good thing) so I could take a break which never happened instead I worked late. My phone was constantly plastered to my ear with multiple calls coming in.

Today was a bit all over the place, I worked in the office this morning as someone was off, when they came in I came to work from home but ended up going to pick Mom up but didn't pick her up. Mom went to get her snow tires on and when she got there they told they were backed up as they had a few problem cars, she waited for a bit but due to Covid restrictions there seating is very limited and there was no where for her to sit. She asked how long it would be and the guy suggested if she could leave the car they would call when it was ready. So I went over to pick her up but as she was getting in my car they came out and took her car. So we waited in the parking lot, they said it would 30 minutes once it went in so I was going to wait about 15 minutes and then head back home to get back to work but before we knew it they were bringing her car back out.

I am kind of taking tomorrow afternoon off, I will be available by cell and email but won't be at my laptop, it is as close as I get to a day off right now, we are just too short staffed.

I am still trying to figure out Christmas gifts for this year so far I am making them:
    Beer Bread Kit - Basically you add a beer pour into a loaf pan and you have bread apparently
    Brown in a Mug Mix - Thought it was a nice treat to have on hand since we are all limiting our trips to the store, something sweet and quick to make
    Nut Clusters - This is such a cheat dessert you just dump in the slow cooker, let it melt and then drop into balls and let them harden
    Pizza Season - Can be sprinkled on top of Pizza, Breadsticks or Beer Bread batter for a nice Cheesy Top

That is all I have so far. I feel like I am slacking but I have been all over Pinterest and nothing is jumping out at me.

Found out today from my Mom Step she is going to still kind of make Christmas Dinner. We have Sauerbraten which she will still make plus Red Cabbage for those who eat it (I do not) and will make up portions for each of us to Porch Pick up and we just need to make our own sides. My Mom will be happy every year she tries to get me to bring her some home but the boys always seem to get the leftovers. Step Mom said she will give me enough for both of us as it does not make sense for me to have a Pre Cooked meal but Mom still need to cook herself a meal. We will also do a Zoom Session at some point just to check in with each other outside of work.

One more trip through Pinterest see if anything else pops out at me and time to finalize this year's gifts.

Have a great night everyone
    JadeAngel and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I used todays offer on PC chocolate.
    $2 each. Receive 1500 pc pts per bar. Plus i had personal pts off of 200 pts per $1!!!! Basically paid .36 cents each after points. Perfect for my Christmas boxes
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good snowy morning, everyone! Today should see a phone directory and an order box delivered. Time to seek out the daily Christmas contests for a bit of distraction.

The gray sky is a piece of work. Feeling a bit low as well. Will attempt to stitch some neon threads on two boring black masks (they were for Bro but he rejected them). I might have to take apart the motorcycle print one as otherwise I'm limiting to turning back the filter pocket opening in order to handstitch thread on the accessible prints. I tried yesterday to satin stitch and the result was a scattering of purple here and there or more like marker scribbles. Took the threads out.

Rummaging on Twitter, I came across another product recall (for possible listeria), this time for certain deli meats at Sobeys and Freshco (please check your stocks if you shopped there recently): https://www.sachem.ca/news-story/102...67&li_tr=YMBII
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Dec 9th, 2020 at 09:50 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and happy hump day!

Today's plan: Tidy kitchen, empty dishwasher. Finish up laundry. Start sorting and wrapping Christmas gifts.
    Getting all my work stuff out of the way this morning so I can hopefully get the above started on!

Dinner- Not sure but will figure out something. Off to take something out of the freezer now.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning - did the laundry and decided to make homemade chicken with rice soup after we had a small chicken last night .I got 4 containers will put 3 in the freezer for another day .I love my homemade soup ,hubby doesnt oh well more for me.

I may wrap today too ,we will see.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok kitchen is clean and I emptied the dishwasher.

Took out porkchops (.50LB a while ago and stocked up!) for the kids for dinner. Will cook up later this afternoon with fried potatoes (use up potatoes cooked in slowcooker) and add a veggie. Will make up plates and they can heat and eat. I may cook up a little pasta too and make a little side to add to their dinner.

Got my one main work priority done today. Will take a break and do some laundry now and then get back at it.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's a new Finance thread about settlements regarding Canadian class action lawsuits for Microsoft software (PC versions purchased between 1998-2010) now posted.

Have an online grocery order placed for tomorrow for produce and some items that have not been in the house for awhile. Have noticed that what one buys online might not be the same as what's available in-store (selection of salad dressings for example) and vice versa.

Have to figure out days to cook the lentils and beans that were ordered last week, so that there's some plant protein ready for meals or to mix with other foods.

I did step outside for a short period and am noticing how sensitive to the cold I seem to be! The white stuff has slightly frozen to walkways and covered the garlic plants in the garden again. Upside to Dec. 9-we are about 11 days from Winter Solstice, so daylight will be starting to increase and we can think about garden and flower seeds again.
    barbis9, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information