User Tag List

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I should have checked in last night because I debateD the cranberry goats cheese @flemeth and then decided no. But still had a great shop. Ran out after a meeting this morning. I spent $60.00 and earned 30000 PCO used 4.00 in coupons and submitted 8.00 to Checkout 51. I felt like a coupon rockstar. The menu planning worked. We have eaten from the menu for 16 days in row. We are planning take out Saturday and then back to the menu until the new year. For those of you that are Costco shoppers I highly recommend the chicken pot pie. Such an easy meal and it’s only 10.00.
    Thanks for the Costco recommendation - where is it in the store? Is it frozen or freshly made? TIA
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think their pot pie is super yummy but for some reason it gives me indigestion-too bad for me.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 It’s with the fresh prepared meals. Typically has a best before of 5 days after purchase. I have not yet tried to freeze it.
    I think I will be wrapping tonight. I have just a few things to get but our local stores are crazy on the weekend. I have Monday off work so will do my last minute stuff then.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    WOW a lot has been going on, kind of feel like my head is spinning a bit.

We did inventory yesterday but one production plant and retail branch were not able to do inventory yesterday so I am now waiting to hear when their inventory will be scheduled and if I will be assigned to either of these locations to help.

I had been planning on doing all of my Christmas Prep this week but now I may not be home to get it done which has me a little concerned but it is what it is, I cannot change it. This is the only downside to making homemade gifts that are perishable they cannot be made ahead of time. Normally I have a schedule laid out for myself (which I have this time as well) but 2020 is the year you just never know what will happen. I do not have a plan B and do not want to be in stores right now shopping so I will have to figure out how to make it work.

Today is a bit of a lazy day, after working 6 days last week plus some overtime to help get ready for inventory I do not have much ambition today.

Having another cup of tea hope that helps bring on some ambition as I still have to deal with our large Costco Shop.
    Mom dealt with some yesterday, 3/4 of a pack of Ground Beef mixed with some Ground Pork we had on hand has been turned into Meatloaf, 3/4 Pack turned into Homemade Burger and the rest cooked into Taco Meat to freeze.

6 Chicken Breasts have been turned into Shredded BBQ Chicken, still have 2 from that pack to deal with plus another pack. Most will be made into Small Chicken Chunks and frozen. I have found pre prepping the chicken really helps cut down the urge for Take-Out as I can just defrost and dump. We already have enough of all of all pre marinated Chicken we keep on hand for quick meals. So will need to figure out a plan for the rest.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening -i went and got groceries at 7.15 a.m this morning and dollarama opened at 8.00 a.m so popped in there each store only had a few people in it .

If everyone can please say a prayer or good thoughts for my older brother he is 75 and only has a month to live .I would love to see him one last time but i feel i may not get into the hospital as its immediate family only that is on the list(his wife and 2 sons) .I spent most of friday crying and was so sad ,but hubby and i took a walk down at confederation park and the sun and beautifull weather lifted my spirits.

This year is not going great for me besides having the pandemic out there.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

**Hugs** Coupon Girl, Prayers for your Brother and your family
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@coupongirl . (((HUGS))) I will definitely keep your Brother and the family in my thoughts and prayers
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We’ve been looking for a bunkbed with stairs, which has been hard to find. This weekend I found one for sale for $200. It’s covered in stickers and Dh did some minor repairs to the wood. Our children are excited. We set it up yesterday. We’ll buy them new mattresses on Saturday...nothing was open on Sunday and the hours don’t work for us during the week, since Dh and I both work.
    Tweets77, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking of you and your family @ COUPONGIRL

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just got a large family size kale salad for $0.48 through flash food. So that will be part of our dinner tonight
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Saying a prayer for your brother @coupongirl and sending a hug to you.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning. I got up early today but after making a couple of phone calls to family, my morning is quickly disappearing. I think I'll do laundry and some light cleaning.
    DH was reading the local news that we had another workplace outbreak this time at a McDonalds in town. As chance would have it, I went to that McDs as a treat on Friday. I did takeout but did go inside. A similar thing happened a couple of weeks ago when I went to Walmart. Extremely low risk since I was only in for a short time but it just goes to show that COVID is everywhere so I need to be diligent.
    DH is going to make his famous french toast for lunch. I was supposed to make chili for last night but we had pasta instead to use up the leftover chicken. So it's chili tonight. I think I've run out of Ro Tel (tomatoes and chilis) which I find give the chili some ommph. Perhaps I'll add in some canned corn instead.
    I think I'll focus on wrapping gifts so that I can focus on some Christmas baking before DHs Sister comes next week. Perhaps a couple of Christmas movies from W network while I'm wrapping
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -yes my last xmas gift came today ,i just have to get a gift card for my daughter.

Supper will be breakfast for supper pancakes eggs and peameal bacon.
    barbis9, Ciel, walkonby and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Grabbed baking supploes today needed to make some of moms baking items she made when we were kids.

Dinner tonight is kale salad with veggie burgers and we are going to make some homemade sweet potato fries.
    Ciel, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Chili was made, lots of laundry done, some cleaning done and watched an xmas movie. The Christmas shows have SO MANY decorations that it wasn't long before I was searching up table cloths, pillow covers etc online. I quickly stopped myself and said to DH, I'll make a wishlist to buy on clearance for next year. ..phew spending crisis averted ...until the next movie
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information