User Tag List

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter LOL when I watch Christmas movies I always question where they store all those decorations

With that being said I actually just read an article that there is a shortage of Christmas Trees this year. I know last time my Mom was at Michael's they were sold out and running out of decorations. A lot of upset people due to lack of selection.

I on the other hand just put out my Christmas Trees, yes, I have 3 they are Crochet (I made them last year after Christmas just to see if I could), they are only about 6" high. Mom found them this morning so we put them out, there we are done decorating. I am not the Grinch but there is just so much going on this year that I am kind of happy to have a smaller just us Christmas where we can just relax.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley . You've inspired me. We have a tree but some of our neighbours don't due to age or their cats that like to attack the ornaments.
    I used to make rolled Beeswax Christmas Tree Candles. It might be pushing it for me to source it for this year but if not next.
    I used to add glitter which would "pop" as the candle burned.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Off to the doc I went today, turns out I have a sinus infection. This weather is killing me the constant melting and damp weather is wreaking havoc with my allergies. I was worried I would not get an appointment due to my symptoms that they would make me get Covid tested but since I do not and have not had a fever I was able to just see my doc. I knew it was sinuses since I have deal with sinus issues since my early teens.

Still waiting to find out if either branch that could not do inventory last weekend will be doing inventory this weekend, pretty sure if they are I will be assigned to one of the two branches. Maybe another 6 day work week, oh well what can you do.

I took a break this afternoon and put away everything from my Costco haul that needed to go in the Stockpile room except the 2 - 10 kgs bags of flour I keep forgetting to take downstairs, maybe tomorrow.

Everything that needed to broken down and sucker sealed has been done and put away so we are getting there.

Alright think it is time for bed, I only got like 4 hours of sleep last night so hoping for a good night sleep tonight.

Have a great night everyone
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Hugs to you Coupon Girl. May you find comfort with your husband and all the wonderful memories I am sure you have of time with your older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Evening -i went and got groceries at 7.15 a.m this morning and dollarama opened at 8.00 a.m so popped in there each store only had a few people in it .

If everyone can please say a prayer or good thoughts for my older brother he is 75 and only has a month to live .I would love to see him one last time but i feel i may not get into the hospital as its immediate family only that is on the list(his wife and 2 sons) .I spent most of friday crying and was so sad ,but hubby and i took a walk down at confederation park and the sun and beautifull weather lifted my spirits.

This year is not going great for me besides having the pandemic out there.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

While I've been popping in to read everyone's posts it's been a hectic last few weeks so I haven't had a chance to write anything myself.

I just wanted to wish everyone a good holiday season as well as best wishes for a happy, healthy, and frugal start to 2021 if I don't get a chance to write again this year.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Evening -i went and got groceries at 7.15 a.m this morning and dollarama opened at 8.00 a.m so popped in there each store only had a few people in it .

If everyone can please say a prayer or good thoughts for my older brother he is 75 and only has a month to live .I would love to see him one last time but i feel i may not get into the hospital as its immediate family only that is on the list(his wife and 2 sons) .I spent most of friday crying and was so sad ,but hubby and i took a walk down at confederation park and the sun and beautifull weather lifted my spirits.

This year is not going great for me besides having the pandemic out there.
    so sorry to hear about your older brother. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -i havent called my dear sister-in-law to ask about my older brother as it must be hard for a family to hear bad news ,plus i know she is not sleeping well .I will call soon to ask how he is doing.Thank you everyone for the heartfelt wishes.

We have to pick up our oldest granddaughter after school today and watch her just til 4.00 p.m ,but we will be wearing masks for sure .

I didnt get a good sleep last night so came down and watched "the queens gamit"on netflicks -i am enjoying it .
    ROMEO, JadeAngel, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Brrrr!

Catching up on work after off for a few vacation days.
    Have a massage this afternoon that I'm looking forward to.
    Took out BLSL chicken breasts from freezer. Will cook up and make a nice pasta dish for DS with the leftover cooked pasta in the fridge.
    Will take out a roast tonight to cook tomorrow for dinner with mashed potatoes (we have lots to use up) and veggies etc.
    Will start sorting gifts and get some wrapped later today. Pretty sure I am done shopping just need to sort and wrap!
    Ok I am going to bundle up and go shovel the walkway for a break and fresh air!

Have a great day everyone!
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl Hugs to you and your family, esp. your sister-in-law. Hope she has lots of healthcare support and her own caregiver support teams--wobbly time all-around. I actually included your brother in my prayers last night.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a little Radio-Canada cooking show watching this morning and was impressed how the decorators for Marina Orsini's 5 Chefs show managed to bling the mostly white and stainless steel set with holiday looks! I also liked the chef guest's first recipe using some rosemary in the saucepan with his quail appetizer.

However both the guest on this show plus Ricardo on his cooking show both forgot to turn off their gas burners when they took their pans off the stoves.

Mailed a payment in the post and went to Walmart to get water pitcher filters. Not located by the Brita ones-no, I had to look just past the kitchenwares to a perpendicular shelf just outside kitchenwares to find the ZeroWater ones. Last night, Mom gave me flack for tossing out in Oct what I thought was an old filter sitting on the counter for 1 month. It was a new filter. No clue. So I said I'd get new filters today to solve the issue. New box duly marked that it was purchased this month so I don't get ideas in January 2021.

Time to dash-my 2h is up and I understand the GTA and Hamilton might get snow squalls tomorrow. Keep the tea kettle going and be cozy everyone!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good evening. Just waiting for the Tortiere to bake in the oven. I have my dog asleep on my arm, so it's a bit tough to type.
    My brother dropped off some of Betty's Tarts from outside Port Perry for a Christmas gift. He was going to visit my parents and make them dinner. I have a few cards to get done up early tomorrow morning. I heard the mail is really getting overwhelmed. I'm glad I sent most of them early.
    I'm hoping to pop out for a few items tomorrow It's time to get a bone in ham for Christmas Eve and Turkey breast for xmas day.
    Have a nice evening!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -my sister-in-law has 2 boys in their late 40's and early 50-one boy always gets her groceries and he takes her to appt and i am sure they are there for her now in fact one took her to the hospital last week ,since only one person is allowed to visit (he waited in his car).

Picked up our age 7 grandaughter from school and she told papa"want to borrow my neck warmer as your nose looks cold" inside my son's we wore masks til my daughter-in-law came home with cara .then off we went .
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel thank you for always pointing out my weather. With Covid I don’t even look now unless I know I have a real drive a head of me. Friday we are plan to drive to my moms and my in-laws to just drop off the gifts and sweets. Masks will remain on at all times. I was never one to follow the rules until Covid, now I am a real stickler about the rules when it comes to keeping people alive. We also have some meals for them to have easy stuff in the freezer. The plan is a video chat on Christmas Day. I have one gift left but it’s out of stock so he pay get a photo of it.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Brrrrr outside again. Have the car loaded with the recycling and will drop off at the dump later this morning. Missed it the last 2 times putting it out so it needs to go!

Forgot to take out the roast so that will be tomorrow nights dinner. I will go dig now in the freezer and figure out tonights dinner. Maybe chicken quesidias with perogies or fries! We have everything on hand (lots of everything! Tons of cheese, sour cream, peppers,onions, chicken, wraps)

Just enjoying my coffee now and getting some work done.
    barbis9, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had a $40 sale today for delivery to my neighbor tomorrow so she can take it to work to the lady that bought. Etransfer already received Will move $ to travel account.
    Did some laundry. Tidied laundry room a bit more.
    Had DS move my wrapping bin to dining room and have niece and grandma's gift sorted and ready to wrap.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information