User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1453Likes

Thread: December 2020 Frugal Chatter thread (ring in the holidays)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    Just wanted to wish everyone here a very a Merry Christmas . Celebrate safely
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I talked to my sister-in-law wed night and she said my older brother is coming home (with a pic line inserted in him for his infection)she was overjoyed .So maybe after the holidays i can visit him and say one last goodbye .She didnt give me any details ,as i called her then she recieved a call from the doctor and she let me go so she could call her boys .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I talked to my sister-in-law wed night and she said my older brother is coming home (with a pic line inserted in him for his infection)she was overjoyed .So maybe after the holidays i can visit him and say one last goodbye .She didnt give me any details ,as i called her then she recieved a call from the doctor and she let me go so she could call her boys .
    @coupon girl that’s great news since you will be able to visit once he is home .
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Merry Christmas Everyone, hope everyone has a wonderful day and everyone in Ontario getting the storm stays safe.
    @coupon girl wonderful news about your brother and the possibility of being able to see him
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Merry xmas everyone.

Papa and i had a zoom meeting with my grandkids this morning ,so nice ,sang jingle bells with cara (age 3).

Supper was leftover ham ,carrots and roasted potatoes -hubby and i didnt care that we didnt have a turkey,always another year .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Is anyone interested in trading for Circle K FPCs?

I have 3 Circle K FPCs for trade. I’d like to trade for paper coupons that you’d mail to me. Examples of what I’m looking for 2021 expiry: $3 Aveeno, $2 Johnsonville, Eat Smart, sugar snap peas, meat, etc.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Merry Christmas everyone
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Merry xmas everyone.

Papa and i had a zoom meeting with my grandkids this morning ,so nice ,sang jingle bells with cara (age 3).

Supper was leftover ham ,carrots and roasted potatoes -hubby and i didnt care that we didnt have a turkey,always another year .

We also did not 2 a turkey 2 meat eaters and 2 vegetarians in my house. We did a whole chicken so lots of left overs. My DDS had grilled Paneer all the sides was vegetarian had lots to snack throughout the day.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Snowing here and it’s windy and cold out

Needs to tidy up before the family is awake because it’s another movie day here

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Merry Christmas all!

So happy we cleaned after the huge brunch yesterday. We had so many leftovers that we just ate them when hungry later. Still lots left so DS will have breakfast again of pancakes, homefries and bacon.
    Tonight I'm thinking a nice shrimp garlic alfredo pasta with garlic bread.

Spoiled my boys. As did my family ( money from my sister and Grandma) then they can get what they want down the road as neither had big wants right now.
    Now i want to get ready for next year
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I chatted with my dear sister-in-law last night for and hour and a half(this is the thing during covid we need to stay connected ).At least she wasnt crying this time we were laughing about my older brother ,he cant come home til whenever they let him maybe in a week or two she said .She went to visit him on xmas day ,just her as her son sat in his car -oh and only 2 are allowed on the list because of covid ,so my younger nefew he is 51 cant visit his dad -wow they are so strict and i guess they have to be.So he chats with him when his brother goes to visit on his cell phone .

For xmas my sister-in-law got dropped off practical stuff measuring cups ,spice rack ,tea towels ,dishcloths as she had asked for that and when you are 72 what more do you need plus she got 2 tops .

Last week when i was out getting groceries ,i got a sympathy card for my dear sister-in-law for when i need it and i cried all the way home 10 minute drive-death is so hard when it happens even this time of year .

Well this morning did a bit of online shopping perfume half off for me and a new bra $19.99 from the bay ,hopefully the bra is comfy but in the comments an older women who said she was 82 said the bra was the comfiest ever ,so i will take her word-lol

Then i spent $39 on a few gifts for easter from the gap i would rather buy 50% off quality clothing for the grandkids and just put it away ,plus bought myself a short sleeve top from old navy for spring for myself .Its nice to treat ourselves ,made my day thats for sure.

Off to do laundry and relax ,may get a walk in but not sure as its bitter cold when i put the garbage out
    last night

O h and my dear son/his family got us which he dropped off yesterday a new microwave a nice large panasonic with a handle ,so happy with this as a gift .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Dec 26th, 2020 at 07:45 AM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I had my semi traditional Christmas Eve dinner. I had my Sauerbraten but did not do the traditional sides, I just did mashed potatoes and roasted garlic parm Butternut Squash. Normally Step-Mom makes Boiled Potatoes, Peas, Carrots, Mashed Butternut Squash, Red Cabbage, Dumplings & Three-Bean Salad.

Last night Mom & I looked at each other and said want Burgers so we had Homemade Burgers with Oven Fries Poutine.

I have some hand dishes I need to tackle today and find a home for some my new gifts.

I need to get back on track with Meal-Planning, we had take-out one day last week after we did all of our porch drop offs for Christmas, it will be the only take-out we have over the Christmas season. But, I am noticing we are relying more on quick and easy dinners which are great and have their purpose but we have fallen back into a food rut of constantly eating the same things.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @barbis9 I noticed that Norton has something called Lifelock on sale for so many devices. I'd consider the McAfee through Staples option if I won't need a CD drive to install it. McAfee has almost daily been popping up ads to secure up to 10 devices. I just need 1 and maybe a second later if the printer materializes. Yes, getting computer security is a priority and I sure would love to save some $$ on the cost.

Bro had option to stay at home yesterday and still get paid, so last night, three of us were at odds what to watch after the Saturday Night Live Christmas Special (Mom was highly offended by most of the sketches we did see and I kept returning to Victorian Bakers during commercial breaks or really dicey sketches; there were a few sketches that made me laugh). After 15min of checking out streaming options, Bro picked Noelle on Disney+. I say it's aimed at the 14+ crowd, not kids, or anyone older who wants to experience a bit of zing about Christmas they may have lost. For me, the scenes in Phoenix gave Shirley Maclaine's character many non-speaking moments of costume changes and chances to enjoy being associated with a Kringle. Count how many times the word "iPad" is said along with "Genius Bar," as we did not watch the credits but I feel that Apple must have sponsored part of the movie.

The rain and later heavy rain started after 8pm as well. Glad I had reminded Mom to get some groceries yesterday on her errand to drop off something at a friend's place. Mom got groceries and fresh fruit.

I had printed off so many pages that I left 5cents on my library card. Today will be the last day that one can print at an HPL library branch but I will not go out in this wet weather. Plan is to visit for book pickup weekly as good weather permits.

Have some laundry drying this morning that someone washed last night. Had a light breakfast and will have tea soon to warm up and brighten the morning. Phone book is still MIA but random delivery vehicles come and go on the street.

Christmas light displays will look wonderful in the gray gloom (and later snow) today. Give yourself extra time if you are out at the stores or businesses. CHCH will air a Chicago Magnificent Mile Christmas program tonight at 6pm for the viewers wanting a change of scenery or from news in the evening!
    @Ciel - neither virus protection comes with a cd anymore. It's all online with a code (in spite of the big box). I love the features with Norton over Mcafee. As mentioned, Staples has free shipping regardless of the amount online, whereas Best Buy has a $35 limit before free shipping.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

happy boxing day all!!!
    Both my girls are at work, they work at a SDM , i am hoping it is not busy. sigh. Middle child is off till tuesday. we skped for about 45 min last night. thier roommates liked the gifts we got them and they seemed ... happy. i am so very very glad.

ok. today.. just me and hubby till yongest gets home. i will make home made chinese then . today i am just puttering around and doing a bit of housework.
    goal is to get on the exersise bike again. december has been a bad exersise month.
    tomorrow.. i will work on the daycare rooms.... get those sparkly...

i am feeing a bit of dread for the next few months. Jan - march tend to be bad for me mental health wise. i am trying to get some good habits in place so i can survive it.
    i have a few mini projects planned for then. pandemic sucks.

ok. i am going to work a bit as well today on a menu..... i am trying to find a recipie for Jamie olivers hodge podge pie... hmm. sounds good for leftovers. i have a turkey to cook up.. and i want a few recipies to use stuff up.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had a great family Christmas at home. We will be having a video call with one household this afternoon. I haven’t seen any relatives in person in over a year.

I went shopping at NF and Sobeys this morning.
    NF
    I used $50
    $2.57 in coupons
    2/$7 Dole salad - 50% off coup - $1 CO51 = $0.75 per bagged salad x 4
    $0.75 Eclipsa
    $.010 Caddle
    Earned 5,200pts

Sobeys
    Used $60 in AM
    $0.25 Eclipsa
    $0.10 Caddle
    Earned 103AM
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information