User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: CoVid - Applying for the NEW emergency fund for laid off people & others.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The Covid government related T4A slip will be like this:

The T4A will have specific boxes for the various benefits which needs to be reported on line 13000 - Other Income in the tax return.

• Box 197 – Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
    • Box 198 – Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB)
    • Box 199 – Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) for eligible students with disabilities or those with children or other dependents
    • Box 200 – Provincial/Territorial COVID-19 financial assistance payments
    • Box 202 – Canada Recovery Benefit (CRB)
    • Box 203 – Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit (CRSB)
    • Box 204 – Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit (CRCB)
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Thu, Feb 4th, 2021 at 02:50 AM. Reason: Title
    Ciel and juliemadden like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

As a stay at home mom I dont believe I qualify for anything

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am lucky, I am able to work remotely and as of yesterday at noon, I work remotely until told otherwise.

With this being said the other member of our household (my mom) works retail. So far the company she works for is taking the stance of business as usually, although they keep cutting her hours, she lost 2 1/2 hours on tonight's shift. But we are preparing for her to get nothing since she is a part time worker even though for the past 3 months she has been working full time as they are short staffed. Bad timing for us literally a week before this all blew up here in Canada they were discussing adding another full timer which Mom would have applied for but now that is off the table until life is back to "normal"
    Ciel likes this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

OP, there are efforts under way to provide food vouchers or gift cards for use at grocery stores. They want this for kids who usually get good meals at school, but with 3 weeks or more off school, aren't getting the same meals.

That may help some families. A little bit.
    Ciel, tjthemanto and walkonby like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Asking for a coworker whose is working part-time and his hours were cut. Would the emergency benefit apply to him as well? Or is it only for those who has a full time job?

I agree with OP that a lot of this is vague and confusing. Especially for those who don't have the "traditional" jobs.
    Last edited by CheriLyn; Fri, Mar 20th, 2020 at 11:43 AM.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post

Yeah, not much. But you might get some extra
    GST/HST credit and some extra CCB per child.

This will be a special and extra payment(s) than what you normally get for GST/CCB. Won't be a huge but might help a little.

Plus you will have to wait till May for it. So that's a bummer too.
    --------

Income Support for Individuals Who Need It Most

For over 12 million low- and modest-income families, who may require additional help with their finances, the Government is proposing to provide a one-time special payment by early May 2020 through the Goods and Services Tax credit (GSTC). This will double the maximum annual GSTC payment amounts for the 2019-20 benefit year. The average boost to income for those benefitting from this measure will be close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples. This measure will inject $5.5 billion into the economy.
    For over 3.5 million families with children, who may also require additional support, the Government is proposing to increase the maximum annual Canada Child Benefit (CCB) payment amounts, only for the 2019-20 benefit year, by $300 per child. The overall increase for families receiving CCB will be approximately $550 on average; these families will receive an extra $300 per child as part of their May payment. In total, this measure will deliver almost $2 billion in extra support.
    Together, the proposed enhancements of the GSTC and CCB will give a single parent with two children and low to modest income nearly $1,500 in additional short-term support.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Mar 20th, 2020 at 11:52 AM.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CheriLyn View Post
    Asking for a coworker whose is working part-time and his hours were cut. Would the emergency benefit apply to him as well? Or is it only for those who has a full time job?

I agree with OP that a lot of this is vague and confusing. Especially for those who don't have the "traditional" jobs.
    Will apply to him also. Need not be FT or need not be laid off. Reduced hours for PT workers will also count.
    --------

Longer-Term Income Support for Workers

For Canadians who lose their jobs or face reduced hours as a result of COVID’s impact, the Government is:

• Introducing an Emergency Support Benefit delivered through the CRA to provide up to $5.0 billion in support to workers who are not eligible for EI and who are facing unemployment.
    • Implementing the EI Work Sharing Program, which provides EI benefits to workers who agree to reduce their normal working hour as a result of developments beyond the control of their employers, by extending the eligibility of such agreements to 76 weeks, easing eligibility requirements, and streamlining the application process. This was announced by the Prime Minister on March 11, 2020.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and CheriLyn like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post

I think you will qualify as a Parent too. See below. It just says Parents (not Workers)

Doesn't say Parents had to be working (before this happened) to qualify. So Stay at Home parents should qualify too.

What if you were a Stay at Home parent, but were planning to work now and enter the workforce, but can't as now you have to take care of kids now as school is off? You should qualify.

They can't discriminate between working and non working parents.

----

Introducing the Emergency Care Benefit providing up to $900 bi-weekly, for up to 15 weeks. This flat-payment Benefit would be administered through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and provide income support to:
    • Workers, including the self-employed, who are quarantined or sick with COVID-19 but do not qualify for EI sickness benefits.
    • Workers, including the self-employed, who are taking care of a family member who is sick with COVID-19, such as an elderly parent, but do not qualify for EI sickness benefits.
    • Parents with children who require care or supervision due to school or daycare closures, and are unable to earn employment income, irrespective of whether they qualify for EI or not.
    Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Yeah, not much. But you might get some extra
    GST/HST credit and some extra CCB per child.

This will be a special and extra payment(s) than what you normally get for GST/CCB. Won't be a huge but might help a little.

Plus you will have to wait till May for it. So that's a bummer too.
    --------

Income Support for Individuals Who Need It Most

For over 12 million low- and modest-income families, who may require additional help with their finances, the Government is proposing to provide a one-time special payment by early May 2020 through the Goods and Services Tax credit (GSTC). This will double the maximum annual GSTC payment amounts for the 2019-20 benefit year. The average boost to income for those benefitting from this measure will be close to $400 for single individuals and close to $600 for couples. This measure will inject $5.5 billion into the economy.
    For over 3.5 million families with children, who may also require additional support, the Government is proposing to increase the maximum annual Canada Child Benefit (CCB) payment amounts, only for the 2019-20 benefit year, by $300 per child. The overall increase for families receiving CCB will be approximately $550 on average; these families will receive an extra $300 per child as part of their May payment. In total, this measure will deliver almost $2 billion in extra support.
    Together, the proposed enhancements of the GSTC and CCB will give a single parent with two children and low to modest income nearly $1,500 in additional short-term support.
    You're right I did not get any extra today

Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I know someone, who is unemployed. I think he is without a job for at least 2-3 years.

He is not on EI or welfare or disability or any other government benefits/assistance. He is pretty much living of his savings for the past 2-3 years now.

Is he eligible for any money through this Covid-19 emergency funds? I am guessing not.

Not sure if he qualifies for any of the 3-4 scenarios mentioned above.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

2 Million Canadians will be laid off soon. 10% of the workforce of 20 Million.

https://www.thestar.com/business/202...e-hardest.html
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nightmare. This gonna hurt for a long time.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@tjthemanto Hmm, May is a long time to wait for extra credit but since it is doubling this year's GST money, bigger sum! I'll be patient. Maybe Bon Look eye boutiques will really reopen by May 1 (per website update) and I can get the eyewear I saw in January...maybe...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @tjthemanto Hmm, May is a long time to wait for extra credit but since it is doubling this year's GST money, bigger sum! I'll be patient. Maybe Bon Look eye boutiques will really reopen by May 1 (per website update) and I can get the eyewear I saw in January...maybe...
    Applications starts on April 6 through CRA and you should get 2,000/month of you qualify for CERB. Payment will be made within 10 days.

Rules and things change everyday!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Now they have a new plan for applying. If your bday is in a certain month. This was posted by our local MP.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    princessjen and Ciel like this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information