User Tag List

Page 625 of 2550 FirstFirst ... 125 525 575 615 623 624 625 626 627 635 675 725 1125 1625 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 38250
Like Tree169120Likes

Thread: What's For Dinner?

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

Hmm good question. Hubby is gone to work, so that just leaves me and the kids. I'm thinking maybe pasta or something...something quick and easy!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

marinated some boneless chicken thighs with ground coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger powder, paprika, mustard powder and a little garam masala (ground cumin, black pepper, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom), thyme, sage and a little bit of yogurt. threw it in the oven.

on the side was some sauteed bellpepper/onion/tomato sliced with some spices and garlic.

had a couple of yams hanging around, so mashed them with a little butter, milk, splosh of maple syrup. they were good!

now what the heck do i make tomorrow!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Went to Costco & got a chicken

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was trying to change up that usual thing I make ( see pic ) of stuffing the skinless boneless chix breasts with Stove Top and baking coated with crumbs.

So what I did this time was split open the breasts, sprinkle fine diced fresh rosemary generously inside each, fresh ground pepper and placed 5 grape tomatoes along the fold, slapped a large-ish Italian sausage also split lengthwise on top of the tomatoes.
    closed the whole thing up, wet each one, dipped them in the crumbs and baked 40 min @ 400. Then put them into a 9 x12 pan coated with a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom, covered each with sauce, dry grated Parmesan, thick slices of Mozzarella on each. more sauce, baked another 20 min.
    I have not taken a pic yet, but soon.

This idea was courtesy of DH , him and DS watch those weird shows Man vs Food and another one. I threw the grape tomatoes in for a bit of delicate taste and some colour.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Feb 11th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

posting the menu plan for the week (order might change)
    Sa - steak, baked potato, carrot salad from http://allrecipes.com/recipe/marinat...ad/detail.aspx
    Su - turkey and all the goods
    M- Crockpot cream cheese chicken with added veg from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008...en-recipe.html will use my free philladelphia cooking creme, cheap catelli, cheap 1/2 fat soup and chicken from no frills sale a while ago
    T- Crockpot pasta fagioli from http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/day-305.html
    W - Saucy swiss steak from 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipe book and will add spuds to it
    Th - Sweet & Sour Chicken, rice and steamed veg from http://www.tammysrecipes.com/sweet_s...cken_over_rice
    F - home made pizza
    3 of the recipies i haven't made before (cream chz chicken, pasta fagioli, sweet & sour chicken) and i haven't made my own pizza dough yet (another thing i'm afraid of~meh, i'll let the bread machine do the work lol). i came across the recipes from scrolling down simply frugal's menu plans (hope i'm allowed to use that name in this post). i think the only thing i need to buy is celery which is needed in the pasta faioli and saucy swiss steak. that is so amazing because i've only spent $35 so far this month on groceries (includes foods, cat food, personal products, cleaners etc).
    YAHOO! thanks to all you SC'rs!

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

spaghetti and meatballs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

One of the eight pans of vegetarian lasagna I made today! Seven of them are in the freezer. I am collapsed on the couch and surfing the net for the next recipe that I can make in quantity to 'feed the freezer'!

Trading Score
    94 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    One of the eight pans of vegetarian lasagna I made today! Seven of them are in the freezer. I am collapsed on the couch and surfing the net for the next recipe that I can make in quantity to 'feed the freezer'!
    8? omg that's amazing! have you got other meals in the freezer?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Yes...I try to cook in quantity every few weeks and for lasagna or casserole type dishes I freeze in foil pans. I pay $1.19 for three pans. I wrap in tin foil and then put in a large Ziploc bag. So, I figure that if I am cleaning up the kitchen for one meal, I might as well clean up for 7 or 8 at once!

I spend close to 21/2 hours commuting every day so I like to have home-made food ready to go on those nights when I am wiped out...

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

dh wanted KFC tonight - blech. tomorrow making meatloaf.. i too plan for the week and i think this is how it'll go..
    sun - meatloaf mashed potatoes, greenbeans
    mon- pulled pork on buns and oven fries
    tues - homemade chicken parm and fettucini alfredo (dhs' fav - valentines day)
    wed - french onion soup and sandwiches
    thurs - beef and broccoli stirfry over noyolk noodles
    fri - homemade pizza on flatbread, salad

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, you guys are SO organized and together. I have trouble deciding the night before what to make, just so I can thaw meat if I need it!

chickypoodles, nice of you to leave the links - I definitely need to step up my use of the slowcooker.

We all had a late lunch, so just had garlic sausage sandwiches for supper, apple strudel for dessert.

blessedmommy
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

We had vegetable pot pie...yum!

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

It's great that there are so many enthusiastic cooks here

Tonight dinner was french onion soup topped with croutons and havarti cheese, and a pomegranate, grapefruit, orange, kiwi, and lettuce salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing (it's even better with spinach instead of lettuce).
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

sweet potato chicken veggie pot pie with spinach salad

Name:  Sweet Potato-Chicken-Veggie Pot Pie.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  31.5 KB

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

todays menu is chicken cacciatore with capelli noodles (so much catelli)! with an apple crisp for desert my DD 2.5 decided to take a bite out of every apple so I gotta use them up!

Thread Information