User Tag List

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for the toaster oven feedback, @lilo0003 ! Do you recall if the non-stick interior coating had a strong smell when new? I find that I have a difficult time with new things that off-gas fumes from packaging or themselves. Still, the Breville oven is a stunner and has a well-thought out design.

Still lurking on Amazon (looking at toaster oven pans, shoes, clothes, dvds-Takuya Kimura lives there but not the 2019 movie I'd like to own!, snacks). Amazon seems like a mishmash of items and third-party vendors. Some real finds (if I had seen the dvds at the start of January, no one would have received any gifts this month!) and I'm taking notes. My friend with the Prime membership is going to hear about my wishlist!

Lovely mug of tea-so warming. Have my grey throw blanket wrapped around me as my wool sweaters are drying. The cotton sweater is not warm enough on its own. Feet are happy. Good night, everyone!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

Went out early to SDM and bought 4 cartons of eggs. Was going to spend over $50 for the points (on food) but stopped myself.
    Same stuff we have at home. It will be there and the sale price next month.

Put my hat and gloves in the car and will go for a walk at the lake later today.

Enjoy the day!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Last night's dinner was meh, it had great flavour but the sauce didn't thicken so it was kind of like Garlic Alfredo Soup. We tried it we know now.

For next week's meal plans I am aiming for at least 2 slow cooker meals and I have some meals that slow simmer on the stove or just bake in the oven. Next week I have a lot of training sessions so I am looking for simple meals but also trying to give us some variety.

I should be able to get through this week without shopping, the following week I should only need some fresh fill in stuff. If we had to I have enough frozen on hand we could go without fresh but honestly I miss not having the fresh stuff. Right now there are only certain veggies I buy fresh others we are using frozen and the mix is working for us and limits how often we need to shop.

I feel like cooking today but not sure I want all the clean-up so we shall see what the day brings.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had quality coffee time with my honey. Now to get some stuff done around the house.

Bedding is in washer. Kitchen sink full of hot soapy water to do dishes.

Now to complete empty the house freezer at the bottom of the fridge and come up with meal plan the next few days.

Here I go!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

As I sit here and survey my fruit bowl I can't help but notice the bananas are from Guatemala, the oranges from the US, the grapes from South Africa and the blueberries from Uruguay. All purchased on sale and I am thinking how lucky we are to have all this variety-especially during a global pandemic. If I lived in the pioneer days I would be collecting or growing and preserving fruits and veggies. What a difference time makes through the generations.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The luxury of having a variety of fresh fruit year-round is also the reason why CoVid-19 managed to arrive on the doorsteps of the world so quickly.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening,
    Today did not go as planned but all good.

We cleaned out the freezer in our kitchen, did not really get rid of anything just mostly moved stuff that does not need to be kept upstairs moved downstairs and consolidated come bags. Not sure why but we had 3 packages of plain bagels open. I discovered as have ALOT of frozen spinach.

I had some sweet potatoes that did not hold up well so I saved what I could and baked them off. Mom asked why I did not just throw them out, I ended up with a full sheet pan of Sweet Potato Slices. I cook them with Butter & Olive Oil mix with Herbs and Seasonings and a sprinkle of Parm, oh my they are like potato chips I could just snack on the slices all day. I ate quite a few well they were cooling on the stove and even at room temperature they are so good.

Not sure why but both Mom and I are very tired today so we just had a Sausage on a Bun for dinner.

I am working now, we have a mass upload/download to do this weekend so it will take me a few hours to get this done. I probably won't get it all done tonight so I will have to finish tomorrow but I wanted to get my house stuff done first.

We are watching Bridgerton on Netflix, so we will watch this as I work away tonight.

Have a great night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel I don’t recall and smell and typically I have real reaction to store like Ardene because of all the plastic off gasing
    it looks like for the moment people have stopped the panic buying. I saw lots of Lysol wipes and toilet paper and had no crazy long waits at RCSS had a bit of a wait at Costco but then no wait to check out so I always feel like that balance it out. I manage to use 12.00 in coupons today I honestly don’t recall the last time that happened. I did do the 20x as SDM today as they had Tylenol on sale with a bonus 2500PCO when you buy 2 and my offer was to only spend 40.00 so that was easy with the Tylenol.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I had some sweet potatoes that did not hold up well so I saved what I could and baked them off. Mom asked why I did not just throw them out, I ended up with a full sheet pan of Sweet Potato Slices.
    Bravo.
    "Waste naught; want for nothing."
    Last edited by HermanH; Sun, Jan 17th, 2021 at 11:28 AM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Went out for walk it’s nice out.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    We got a little bit of snow last night, does not look like a lot so will need to clear off our steps later today, might clean the cars as well but that will depend on how cold it is. I do not think it is supposed to be cold today so we shall see.

Trying to decide on Dinner for tonight, we have a Turkey Breast in our freezer that is an option but it depends on Mom. She wants to make a Turkey dinner with it so we will have to see what is feeling once she gets up. She suggested it yesterday but it was almost 3 pm and I thought that was a little late to start making stuffing and all that. I think no matter what I want something with Potatoes tonight, craving some potatoes. Maybe if she does not want he Turkey Breast we will have Steak with Potato Packets.

Alright time to get going, I have quite a bit to do today. Normally Sunday's are my day to relax but not this week but might see if maybe I can take Friday afternoon off this week since I am working this weekend. Will depend if I can get everything off my plate but that is my goal right now.

Have a great day everyone.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Happy Sunday! I went for a nice walk early this morning. I need to figure out somewhere non windy to go for another walk this afternoon.
    I started off today with great intentions but got caught up in watching how to grow micro green videos on youtube. I just wanted to learn the basic methods using hemp mats that I purchased on Amazon.ca. So I guess I should start a small batch and see how it goes.
    I have a bunch of laundry to do this afternoon. We have a video chat with friends later today.
    Next week I want to start on the spring cleaning repairs so we're ready to sit outside when the warm weather comes.
    Enjoy your day!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Day!
    My mom needed milk so I went and picked up for her and she gave me a huge bag of stuff my sister gave to me. Can't wait to go to go through it!
    I spent $25 on groceries instead of take out and got 2 family trays of Lean ground beef (will make burgers, meat pasta sauce and one will be made into taco meat) Hamburger buns/ 2 x sour cream (for tacos/nachos/perogies) 4lb apples (they are nice I just had one and apples are both a fav of my boys) and bananas.

Went for a walk down by the lake then parked downdown on my way home and walked down to the water and back up to my car. My cheeks are nice and red so lots of fresh air.

I was motivated to cook a bunch of things but Ive lost my motivation now lol

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I couldnt get my mojo going to go for a walk today .I baked a banana bread instead -will have a piece with my cup of tea .

I just chatted with my dear daughter on the phone for an hour ,love to chat with her.Now off to finish my laundry and do the bedding .
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon,
    Well work took longer than I expected but it is what it is, it is done now.

I took a break from working this afternoon for some me time, took a nice relaxing shower and a little pampering.

I did not get the snow shovelled before my shower, when I was going to go out it started to snow again. After my shower I decided I wanted to be comfy so the snow will have to wait until tomorrow.

Decided on Steak Sandwiches for Dinner tonight with Smashed Bakes Potatoes and probably a side salad.

Did not get much done around the house but I am good with it. I am feeling a little off this weekend. I am not against the stay-at-home order but am really missing having some alone time. With Mom not working and me working from home we are just always together and not that anything is going wrong, we are not disagreeing or anything like that but just miss those days where I had the house to myself. I could just really use some alone time right now but oh well it is what it is, just have to hope the stay-at-home order isn't months long but only time will tell.

I know I am going into a busy week tomorrow is my prep day and then after that I have multiple training sessions booked each day so I am stressing a little bit. Outside of this weekend which I cannot complain about it is just one weekend so far I have not been working late or working weekends but am afraid I will lose that balance this week. I am going to do my best but we will have to see what the week throws at me.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information