User Tag List

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I will say too... Working in a grocery store, I am seeing some of these price increases first hand, and some of them are scary... When I am in on Wednesday night, going into the new flyers with price changes, my one coworker and I complain about some of the increases...

That's why it's important now more than ever to save on groceries... Although of course Galen didn't come through with the truth yet again... I recall some of these increased fees to suppliers was suppose to aleviate price increases like these, but all I am seeing is increases, nothing decreasing or really staying the same even!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Yikes, thanks for your insight @johnb56789 . I guess it's time to focus on stocking up on sales and pulling back otherwise. Are there any other insights you can share? i.e. best day/time for markdowns? When I lived in Aurora, Sunday mornings used to be the best time for markdowns on meat @ Sobeys ...any wisdom is appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I will say too... Working in a grocery store, I am seeing some of these price increases first hand, and some of them are scary... When I am in on Wednesday night, going into the new flyers with price changes, my one coworker and I complain about some of the increases...

That's why it's important now more than ever to save on groceries... Although of course Galen didn't come through with the truth yet again... I recall some of these increased fees to suppliers was suppose to aleviate price increases like these, but all I am seeing is increases, nothing decreasing or really staying the same even!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

grocery prices are going up . i have been watching it . i am hoping this rise stops soon.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Best price for romaine hearts ive seen this week
    3pk $2.88 Food Basics
    2pk $1.99 No Frills

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tonight's dinner was lefftovers.
    Will give the fridge a good clean out tomorrow and make a good dinner ( chicken fried rice for sure tonuse up the rice i made last night and cooked chicken in freezer) DS loves it.
    Maybe a homemade mac and cheese sjnce we have everything needed to make it.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I did not get as much done today as I wanted but I am good with it.

I have started to include day to day tasks in my to-do-list more so for my mental well being. I find some days I get down on myself because I feel like I got nothing done but I have realized there are days where just getting through the day to day tasks can take up quite a bit of time especially on work days.

Today, I shovelled our stairs and cleaned off both cars as they came to do a clean up plow so all cars needed to be moved. Emptied the dishwasher and did the few hand dishes. I have also officially reset up my office in the Dining Room as I am going to need my monitors to work on a project first thing tomorrow morning. On that note I want to re work our Dining Room, get rid of the Toaster Oven (we do not use it enough for it to be holding Prime Real Estate) and see if somehow I can fit both Air Fryer & Instant Pot on the Side Board with the Slow Cookers. This will go on my future projects list.

I think I am going to start a master file for Future Projects, right now I am feeling very overwhelmed and all over the place as I keep seeing things I want to do and losing focus. So I think I will keep an on going list and hopefully this will help me feel more organized and help me focus.

I also ended up working for a couple of hours as we had some "issues" pop-up that needed to be fixed before everyone comes back tomorrow.

As for Meal Prepping, I only got my Special Apple Pie and Potato Soup (I think someone asked for my Potato Soup recipe and I cannot remember if I posted or not, if I did not please let me know and I will post tomorrow) done. As well I crisped up some Bacon Bits to use in the Potato Soup and grated some extra cheese for a dinner I have planned for later in the week. I did not get the Enchilada Sauce made but oh well I will have to make it the night we make Enchiladas.

We made appetizers/snack food for dinner, we had Brie with Peach Jam, Perogies & Homemade Queso with Nacho chips. Mom made extra Cheese Sauce so now we already have the cheese sauce ready to make Mac & Cheese one night for dinner. Also, there is extra Queso we can portion out and freeze.

Mom says she needs to get out so tomorrow we have a Wal-Mart Grocery pickup for items we cannot get at Costco like, AAA Batteries (we do not use enough to buy a Costco size pack), 40W light bulbs, some Pharmacy items she needs and some Condiments we cannot get at Costco (We do not like the Costco Soya Sauce, our doesn't have Miracle Whip anymore & we do not like the Bullseye BBQ Sauce so we will get Sweet Baby Rays from Wal-Mart). She will go tomorrow around noon to pickup as I will be working.

Off to finish watching a movie and then Bedtime for me.

Have a wonderful night everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Evening -today i cooked a bbq ,fresh burgers and baked potatoes and steamed carrots ,so glad we didnt put the bbq in our small garage,no room for it this year anyway.

I just chatted with my dear girlfriend and my daughter ,now off to make the bed with clean set of sheets.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Best price for romaine hearts ive seen this week
    3pk $2.88 Food Basics
    2pk $1.99 No Frills
    Fortinos has the Andy Boy Romain hearts for $2.49 (3pk )
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Off to an early start today and it feels good to be honest. I woke up before my alarm, I am not sure why but this always makes me happy. I was downstairs with my laptop set up at my work start and kettle on to make Tea by the time my alarm went off.

I have already check two big items off my to-do-list for today. They aren't hard but can be a bit consuming and need focus so it was nice to get those done before the craziness of the day starts. I can only imagine how many emails will be going back and forth our first day back.

Right now my plan for today is to take a break every 2 hours to get up and move around and to get in 30 minutes of cleaning throughout the day. I think today's focus will just be general tidying up, I noticed a number of things just kind of in the wrong place so now to get them back where they belong.

Alright time to get back it, get a few more things off my to-do-list.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well the bra i bought from the bay is too tight ,so that has to go back when stores open -ahhh buying a bra is not fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Just reviewed the upcoming sale flyers. Lots of fresh stuff on sale for good prices.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I find this a interesting story about the almighty Walmart
    We purchased a item from there on Nov 12/20 and it died yesterday. When we purchased it, it was about 50 dollars cheaper than the price of the same item now so at the time all we wanted was the money back. I called the Walmart that is alot closer to us than the one we actually purchased it from and explained that we did not have the receipt but we knew the exact date and what debit account the funds were taken from for the item (we have done the same thing at different stores before so we know they can do it) The store told us that it is not a problem to do that except you have to do it at the exact store you bought it from as they are the only store that can access that transaction. So off to the Walmart my wife went with the item in hand. When she got to the customer service they told her that she needed the receipt in order to return it. Now my wife is getting just a little bit peved by now so now the battle between the customer service and my wife begins. The customer service person originally told her that they cannot access that information but towards the end admitted to my wife that they can do it but head office has told them not to but it but tell the customers that without a receipt they cannot return the item. What a slimmy company.
    To end it all they gave her the money back and went into the store to look at the same item but made by different manufacturers and spotted the same one with the new higher price on the shelf but one of the boxes had the sale price marked on the box and thought maybe we just got a bad unit and for the sale price it is a pretty good deal so she bought one. So today she decided to unbox and and when she took it out of the box there is a huge dent right in the front. So she is going to take it back this afternoon and see what they try and use as a excuse not to take it back

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

In all fairness to the staff member Wal-Mart's new Return Policy does state they will not accept exchanges or returns without a receipt, from their website:
    Walmart Canada Return Policy Update:

• We’re extending our return policy on all items purchased on March 14, 2020 onwards. These items are eligible for an additional 30 days above our typical guidelines.
    • Other temporary changes:
      • We’re not accepting bulk returns of more than 3 of the same item.
      • We’re not accepting returns for any of the following items and any of these items purchased after June 1, 2020 will be final sale:-Headphones & earphones
        -Air mattresses & sleeping bags
        -Items without a receipt
      • We’re accepting returns on opened packages/boxes again.

• All merchandise may be refunded or exchanged within 120 days, providing the receipt accompanies the product, except for the following:

45 days

Computers, tablets & e-readers, laptops, monitors, printers, camcorders, digital cameras, GPS units, wearable tech, video game consoles & handhelds, video computer games, wireless prepaid phones, and 15 day contract post-paid phones*
    *Subject to applicable legislation. Conditions may vary by carrier. See plan Terms & Conditions.

60 days

Televisions, DVD players & recorders, home & portable audio systems, portable video players, telephones, containing flammable components, tents, pools, air conditioners, MP3 players, iPod, iTouch, pre-recorded music, movies, software products, ink cartridges, disposable contact lenses, drones with DPS function, outdoor power equipment.
    Final sale

Prescription medication, gift cards, pre-paid phone cards, ammunition, fireworks, digital downloads, Clearance (except for private brand labels), pierced earrings, special order jewellery, photo custom services, all undergarments, all swimwear & cover-ups, personal care items, sexual wellness & family planning, items without a receipt, headphones & earphones, air mattresses & sleeping bags, and trading & collector cards, and face masks.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your understanding during this time! Read more COVID-19 updates.

The Staff can only follow the policies they are given from Head Office
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Ok as expected today was just a little bit insane. I did get up and move around but at times that was with my cell phone up to my ear as I discussed "issues" with various staff members.

I did not get as much tidying up done as I would have liked but there is always after dinner. Figured on my cell moving was on thing trying to clean on my cell probably not a good idea as everyone was already asking where I was. It has been confirmed since Ontario is in Lockdown I am not allowed in the branches right now unless it is an exception. This means some major pivoting for me as we now need to move all training to zoom.

I did manage to take out recycling and now I see there is a bag of garbage to go out, will leave the garbage to take during a break tomorrow.

Tonight's dinner is Homemade Mac & Cheese with a side salad, could not decide on a protein so we are skipping the protein tonight.

I am done work for the day but my laptop is still going as I have some large files transferring and some reports downloading. Once set-up neither of these tasks need me do anything but so much easier to do when we are closed so it will not slow the system down.

Dinner is in the oven, off to relax a bit.

Have a great night everyone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the bank this afternoon to deposit the cash from porch sales. Then came home to a message to arrange a $10 pick up. She came right away and have started the collection again!
    Dinner tonight a veggie filled fried rice.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information