User Tag List

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bra extenders.. if the stores stay closed for awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Well the bra i bought from the bay is too tight ,so that has to go back when stores open -ahhh buying a bra is not fun
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Question: Other than using as a dusting/cleaning rag does anyone have another use for old socks?

I have discovered for some reason I have a lot of socks with holes in them that for some reason I set aside and kept but have no idea why I did this. Now that I have put them all in a bag it seems wasteful to just throw them out, there are a lot.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you know someone with kids, they can make puppets out of them. You could also try mending them, I had a bag of socks and eventually fixed them
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Question: Other than using as a dusting/cleaning rag does anyone have another use for old socks?

I have discovered for some reason I have a lot of socks with holes in them that for some reason I set aside and kept but have no idea why I did this. Now that I have put them all in a bag it seems wasteful to just throw them out, there are a lot.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys shop tonight $116.43 OOP
    $12.49 coupons
    $13.71 - 10% off Tuesday
    155AM earned
    $9.99 SCOP - Compliments garlic sausage

I was happy to find a log of $0.50 Lucerne milk coupons at my Sobeys. That was a great find because we drink so much milk.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jan 5th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley The ones with holes you could bag and set aside for a textile drive, as there are community churches or groups that do take them in. I imagine that some thrift shops may also take them in and send them to rag companies. YMMV-check websites in your area or even see if Kijiji or Facebook Groups have people taking old clean socks. Perhaps someone might be using socks or random cotton textiles to stuff pillowcase beds for foster pets or shelter pets?

The lonely single socks without holes-maybe consider using them to hold potpourri or rice or desiccant and tie them off to help scent/dry out drawers. Or to hold mothballs for closets!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Had a good morning visiting friend outdoors in one of our usual places. Light snow was falling too. Used wi-fi for a time until fingers were too cold without gloves. Newspaper does not work well on wet benches but a coat hood on a plastic bag keeps the backside sort of warm!

Afternoon-decided in mid-afternoon to take the found phone to the police station and the key fob to the relevant dealership. Saw Montanas and knowing about the Pepsi contest, placed a walk-in takeout order. However if order had been done online or called ahead and contained a Pepsi product, then an automatic entry would have been made in contest. Will try the NPN entry method as the weekly $1000 cash draw prize has my attention! I liked the veggie burger platter with fries (sort of like the fries McDonalds used to offer in the 80s) but found the extra onion rings side too seasoned (black pepper or Italian seasoning?) and the chipotle mayo dip not to my liking. Got Dr Pepper as well. Also visited Shoppers for a newspaper. Managed to do everything one bus fare, so that's a good thing! Must park the debit card at home to slow the spending.

Was unable to get 1 yr renewal for laptop--either there's a glitch (I could not get the $27.50 to show, as system kept saying it'll be $55). Think there might be a reality check on 2nd year of warranty--I probably got a discounted rate for year one. Not planned to be that high but I will have to lump it and pay it once I confirm by phone what the rate will be.

I did not find any treasures on my walks today-my eyes were looking but the eyeglasses stayed at home to keep the things with straps or bands to a manageable number.

Have a splendid night, everyone!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Today is a bit more of a struggle.

I did not get anything done after dinner last night because I started to get a headache that just got worse as the night went on. I had hoped I would sleep it off but nope, I woke up with a massive headache.

Today I am trying to push through. Today I need to make written handouts for upcoming training sessions and I am not sure if it is the headache or just the day I am having but trying to put words on paper it just not my forte today.

Going to take a break soon, get a few small things done around the house, see if it helps. I also need to figure out dinner, I am having a blah day but it is a work day so gotta push through.

Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today is more of a social day. We had 2 good zoom ukelele sessions this morning (we use the free version).
    DH and I are meeting my parents for a distanced walk by the waterfront today. After that, we're doing a birthday call with a very good old friend and then we're meeting up with some friends on a chat site to listen to some DJ shows on a streaming service we have.
    I'm hoping to get a bit of laundry done in between.
    Have a great day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good day! Laundry on the go. Made a nice big breakfast for my honey and youngest DS (brought tray of food and OJ to DS to eat while he was watching his teacher on zoom address the class) He was thankful

Kitchen is clean now. Dishes on counter are drying and dishwasher to be emptied by DS later today

I took out pasta sauce and porkchops from the freezer then put them back deciding to use up some other things in the fridge (and half open appetizer pack in the freezer) for dinner We will wing it and figure it out when the time comes Will also make a salad to go with it to use up the romaine etc

Friends borrowed our dog over night because they miss theirs. Our house feels so empty!!

ok off to the laundry room to fold the clean towels and pull new items to post for sale!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went out for a bit so I could walk around the parking lot etc Went into Dollar Tree and bought pks of seeds. Basil, cherry tomatoes, peppers and lettuce. In this summer I got 1000 free large size metal planting pots. I have a plan

Came home and decided I wanted the pasta lol so making it now. I thawed the sauce quickly in the sink

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My son just had a porch pick up. Well we went out there because it was $1200!! He decided to sell his camera and lens he just bought in the Spring. He sold it for $100 more then he paid . Ive taught him well!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

frugalbigmama ... that is a fabulous sale!!!
    barbis9, Ciel, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    This headache is hanging in there. In general not feeling the best today, could be the side effects of the headache.

I pushed through work, although I gave up on the hand outs and instead just worked on some day to day stuff I needed to get done this week. It is what it is, let's hope for a better day tomorrow.

I did not getting ant cleaning done today but Mom hand dishes which I was going to do today so that is off my list.

Think bedtime is coming soon. Have a great night everyone
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The grayness of the weekdays is something of an issue. This afternoon, I twice thought that a flurry of snowflakes were about to fall, so blue-gray was the sky...The community paper bundle came and all the major grocery store flyers were included. Mail-yay, the phone book came!

Got some wood furniture cleaning done as well as the needed vacuuming of two rooms. Clean bedding on the bed, in time for late afternoon nap (because the body says one was needed). Dinner of cooked pasta with tuna, garlic, smoked paprika and tarragon (for a change) followed by two dishes of canned sliced peaches (so good). Feeling a tad off after yesterday's takeout meal and I did not eat until afternoon. Plan on partially filling my water bottle with water for night sipping as I am so dry during the night and keep waking up. With the bottle by the bed, I can reduce the trips to the fridge for something sweet or refreshing at odd hours.

All three of us watched 22 Minutes' 2020 review episode last night and I laughed at the Yes B-y sketch, as it was fairly close in replicating Billie Eilish's video look for the sketch, down to the yellow paper wall. My lottery ticket for Tetris shows a $10 win as one horizontal row got cleared, so I like that outcome. Money for pack of postage stamps this week!

Parcel news: one pair of slippers is coming in from Nova Scotia and other pair just started out from BC. Sephora order seems to be tracking for next week as a few hours after my order shipped, Sephora sent a second e-mail indicating delays due to courier volumes.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

My son was stuck with having someone watch ashlyn age 7 ,she has been around no other kids except her sister cara and off school a long time ..So today i was teaching grade 2 ,they couldnt get her on the online setup but the teacher sent an email to my daughter-in-law and i opened it and followed all the work she has to do ,she is now taking a break.We are doing it old school i am writing the questions out after she reads a book or follows the instructions amd then she is answering them.We are having her sleep over 2 nights -ahh it is a joy to be around my granddaughter.

So if i am not on much you will know why.

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information