User Tag List

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Took down the Christmas decorations today. Tomorrow will be taking down the tree itself. and so ends another festive (?) season.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I will take my tree down on sunday ,along with my mom's village .

Just found out my niece (she lives out of town)has covid and her hubby and sons ,the boys only had it for a few days each .Its starting to hit near home .The grandpa of my son's friend passed away the other day from covid ,the couple that pulled him out of his longterm home .
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Cannot like this ... horrible news!

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Just found out my niece (she lives out of town)has covid and her hubby and sons ,the boys only had it for a few days each .Its starting to hit near home .The grandpa of my son's friend passed away the other day from covid ,the couple that pulled him out of his longterm home .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Prayers for your family members and the people who lost their father to Covid @coupon girl
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

To-Do-List is done, I got my kitchen stuff done but not a lot of cleaning and I am completely good with it. I am feeling done for the day so think tonight will be a movie night on the couch.

Romaine has been chopped and washed

Bread for French Toasts cups has been chopped and is in a big bowl (Mom make these so I will leave the cubes for her to process)

Dinner should be done in about half an hour

Chili is done and cooling on the Dining Room

All and all a good day just to need to clean-up after dinner and I am done.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Thank you for the well wishes ,my neice and her family are all in the quarantine period .Her and her hubby and the 3 teen boys.

Going to watch 1917 with hubby tonight and have my gerry garcia ben and jerrys icecream .

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Yesterday I needed a quick break so I ran to the grocery store, luckily there was no line to get it but a long line to check out. I mostly wanted fresh stuff but did grab a few stock up items just in case. My goal was $100, I only spent $80 so what is a win in my books. I got:
    2 x Mushrooms Naturally Imperfect $3.97
    1 x Peppers - Naturally Imperfect $4.97 (they had 4-packs on cheaper but the peppers were not good)
    1 x Avocados - 5 pack - $2.97
    1 x Apples Naturally Imperfect $4.97
    2 x Green Onions $0.88
    4 x Lemons $1.88 for 4
    1 x Limes Naturally Imperfect $2.97
    5 x Bananas $0.57/lb
    1 x Blueberry $1.88
    1 x Raspberry $1.88
    1 x Blueberries $1.88
    1 x Pineapple $1.88
    2 x Cucumbers $0.99 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Baguettes $0.88 less 50% off (they were stale but stale works best for French Toast Cups)
    3 x Yogurt $1.97
    1 x Milk $4.49
    3 x Pasta $0.94 (Stock up item)
    2 x Velotine $3.47 (Stock Up item)
    2 x Garden Cocktail $0.99 (PM Food Basics) (Stock Up Item)
    2 x Diced Tomatoes $1.00 (Stock Up Item)
    1 x Soda Crackers $2.00
    1 x Melba Toast $1.97
    1 x Ketchup $2.88 (In case we do not make it to Costco)
    1 x Ice Cream $4.88 (Not the best price but nice treat)
    1 x Perogies $3.77 (Nice treat and the NN was cheaper than buying the ones on sale)

All and all I am happy with shop although I have thought of a few other things I should have grabbed, such is life. Still on the fence about going to Costco guess we will have to see what the new model shows and what Ford announces next week. I know if we go I could probably make it till the end of February without shopping again but it is just so hard without getting some fresh stuff. Thinking maybe I could do a large stock up and then maybe every 2 weeks run out for a few fresh items.

We shall see, going to stop thinking about it for tonight, finish watching my movie and then it is bedtime for me.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Evening Everyone,
    Yesterday I needed a quick break so I ran to the grocery store, luckily there was no line to get it but a long line to check out. I mostly wanted fresh stuff but did grab a few stock up items just in case. My goal was $100, I only spent $80 so what is a win in my books. I got:
    2 x Mushrooms Naturally Imperfect $3.97
    1 x Peppers - Naturally Imperfect $4.97 (they had 4-packs on cheaper but the peppers were not good)
    1 x Avocados - 5 pack - $2.97
    1 x Apples Naturally Imperfect $4.97
    2 x Green Onions $0.88
    4 x Lemons $1.88 for 4
    1 x Limes Naturally Imperfect $2.97
    5 x Bananas $0.57/lb
    1 x Blueberry $1.88
    1 x Raspberry $1.88
    1 x Blueberries $1.88
    1 x Pineapple $1.88
    2 x Cucumbers $0.99 (PM Food Basics)
    4 x Baguettes $0.88 less 50% off (they were stale but stale works best for French Toast Cups)
    3 x Yogurt $1.97
    1 x Milk $4.49
    3 x Pasta $0.94 (Stock up item)
    2 x Velotine $3.47 (Stock Up item)
    2 x Garden Cocktail $0.99 (PM Food Basics) (Stock Up Item)
    2 x Diced Tomatoes $1.00 (Stock Up Item)
    1 x Soda Crackers $2.00
    1 x Melba Toast $1.97
    1 x Ketchup $2.88 (In case we do not make it to Costco)
    1 x Ice Cream $4.88 (Not the best price but nice treat)
    1 x Perogies $3.77 (Nice treat and the NN was cheaper than buying the ones on sale)

All and all I am happy with shop although I have thought of a few other things I should have grabbed, such is life. Still on the fence about going to Costco guess we will have to see what the new model shows and what Ford announces next week. I know if we go I could probably make it till the end of February without shopping again but it is just so hard without getting some fresh stuff. Thinking maybe I could do a large stock up and then maybe every 2 weeks run out for a few fresh items.

We shall see, going to stop thinking about it for tonight, finish watching my movie and then it is bedtime for me.
    It really is crazy with this covid stuff getting as bad as it is. I know I am making one last final trip before any new measures are announced to do a shop for my friend in Whitby. Stock her right up with tons of groceries so she only has to run out for fresh stuff... Looking at I think maybe $300 worth, but for enough to get her to end of March at the earliest.

Went for a nice little walk at the Falls with my floormate. It was nice just to get out a bit, and there wasn't too many people out, so it was easier to social distance. He was upset since he wanted to see the Festival of Lights, but it ended on the 30th, and I didn't realize it. When he told me he wanted to see the Lights, I assumed the Falls that they light up... But nonetheless, it was still very nice and fun, it felt almost what I think a date would feel like, but alas, I can't be with him that way, but I can still have a very good friend.

Picked up a few more great grocery deals today (In the morning), will post on the brag forum...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I will take my tree down on sunday ,along with my mom's village .

@coupon girl hope your niece and her family recover quickly. Prays for your son friend and all the family members.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@coupongirl hope your neice and family recover.
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl sorry to hear how close Covid has come to your family.
    I had the longest lines to get into both no frills and Costco. Longer than I have faced during this whole pandemic at least today was it not cold. No Frills had none of the sale chicken so I will go to metro Sunday as we are out.
    I picked up a few plant free off Facebook over the past couple of months but needs pots for them. Really don’t want to shop for stuff so I decided to use a coffee cup that my son made when he was 4 and the realized they had also made a plant pot I had never used. I am very pleased with my making do what I had on hand.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! I rec'd my Fido bill this morning and I was quite embarrassed and shocked at the same time. An American friend of ours was quite upset when everything was happening in Washington this week and they left us a message to call back. I immediately called back, forgetting that I don't have US calling. $28 for a 51 min conversation. Yep, dumb me. I could've called him for free using messenger or what's app. I just looked at adding US calling since my brother lives in the States but it doesn't make sense, they charge $15 a month for the upgrade. So I'll just suck it up and remember not to us my phone plan to call again. The ironic thing is that DH was billed heavily by Telus for sending 2 video texts to the same friend a couple of months ago. Is this friend worth it to us, definitely yes.

Home wise, I've been trying to take a different approach to cleaning lately. I'm tackling smaller cleaning tasks versus doing it all at once. It seems to be working better, especially for my back. With the days getting longer and sunnier, I'm getting inspired to start my spring cleaning as well.

Most of my laundry was done yesterday so I'm going to chill for a bit and sip my coffee while I bask in the ray of sunshine streaming through the window. Have a wonderful morning!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning yes crafter ,it is so lovely to feel the sunlight .Was up at 6.00 a.m did a load of laundry the sheets from the spare bed .
    Now off to have my cup of tea and chat with hubby.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all!!! slept in a bit. that was nice.
    housework, and a movie withthe girls today.
    hopefully i can get all the laundry done.... one can dream .

making chicken soulaki for supper. it was a pc meal kit. i will break it down to recreate at home ( for less) but it will be nice to use the kit for the first time
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Getting up to join my honey for coffee. Love lazy Sunday mornings together

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information