User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Was up early to make a specific trip to Sobeys. Bear Naked Granola on sale for $3.99 -$1.00 with the websaver coupons mentioned by @sesterce here on SC! Great deal. Stocked up a bit. SO likes the granola with yogurt for a dessert.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

ok finally getting rolling. I am actually doing a porch pick up today. Brand new wallet for $5!! Mine is just too big and is starting to fall apart.
    Really love the new one I am getting for cheap And its just around the corner from me so will walk over and get my steps in

Have laundry to put away. Last bit is in the dryer fluffing up. Will go tidy my room then clean out my tall plastic storage bin unit that is my work station/finances and clean it right out. Will move all the office/school supplies to a clear bin and label it and move to the shelf in laundry room and let everyone know where it is for when they need supplies.

Enjoy the day! It has just started snowing here lightly!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

DD just left on her way back to uni. So today will be cleaning laundry etc. We have lots of leftovers so no shopping or cooking required. DH goes back to work tomorrow and I will still be off with the restrictions-so going for a little cabin hot spring mountain getaway mid week! I prefer to be in a cabin rather than a condo as less exposure to others and presumably quieter too. We were supposed to be in Maui this week so a local getaway will be much cheaper. I did phone Blue Cross to ask if my travel insurance would cover me if I went to Hawaii last minute-they said not for Covid so definitely not worth the risk.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ok cleaned out my bin and tossed lots of junk and it is all clean now. Office/school supplies organized in bin and ready to go downstairs to basement.
    Shopping done. Happy with my deals and ready to make fresh healthy lunches for the week. Have my eggs boiling now. Once they are done and cooled off I will prep my lunch for Monday and Tuesday.

Picked up the new wallet I bought and I love it! Moved the cash and cards I had in my coat to it and will put it in my purse in the car (Ive been bad and not carrying a purse since I seem to put cash and cards in coat in winter) Will clean out my old wallet later today. I have another wallet I am going to set up and put all gift cards and reward coffee cards and put in my glove box so I have when needed but don't need to carry around in my purse.

I rarely buy scratch tickets ( I don't have the patience for them) but there have been lots of local winners lately. Figured I would grab the new Plinko one last time I got gas. I didn't win anything but put it in my coat to scan just in case. It was a winner! Girl had trouble scanning but once she did it did the Plinko game on the screen and I won $20. Took my cash and ran

Off to get some things done around the house

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My lunches and snacks are made and ready to grab out of the fridge for Monday and Tuesday. (my week to work in the office) So happy to have that done and good healthy stuff.
    ( Each day for lunch I have salad with veggies and boiled egg. Snacks are Greek yogurt, clementine, fresh raspberries and raw almonds)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was up earlier than planned this morning, so I entered the morning radio contest for the first time since I started this teaching contract last year. The phone was ringing so long that I thought that someone else had beat me. I won a family sized Tuscany pasta from Pizza Hut. Due to Covid they now mail out the coupon prize.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got up early this morning and did some dusting before I got my dog up (he loves the play with the swiffer duster, he thinks it's his toy). Now with our robot vacuum (worked great btw) our focus will be on dusting and washing things.
    I'm loving waking up to greenery growing in our aerogarden each morning. I usually spend $5-$7 or more on salad greens each week so once I start harvesting greens from my indoor garden, I'm going to track the savings towards getting a second one for peppers and tomatoes.
    It sounds like Ford might tighten restrictions tomorrow so I think we'll bring back some wine/beer empties today in case the beer store stops accepting them again.
    Have a wonderful frugal day!
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    I got up early this morning and did some dusting before I got my dog up (he loves the play with the swiffer duster, he thinks it's his toy). Now with our robot vacuum (worked great btw) our focus will be on dusting and washing things.
    I'm loving waking up to greenery growing in our aerogarden each morning. I usually spend $5-$7 or more on salad greens each week so once I start harvesting greens from my indoor garden, I'm going to track the savings towards getting a second one for peppers and tomatoes.
    It sounds like Ford might tighten restrictions tomorrow so I think we'll bring back some wine/beer empties today in case the beer store stops accepting them again.
    Have a wonderful frugal day!
    ooohhh I have a pile of empties to return too but I thought they weren't accepting them now so I haven't bothered looking into it. I guess I should try tonight, thanks for the heads up!
    Giseledta, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Monday Morning!

I am happy to be back at work and back to a regular (well sorta the new regular routine!). Getting thru my new stuff is the goal today then tackle old stuff.

Have a great day everyone!
    Giseledta, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama yes they're accepting empties "for now" I called to double check, we popped out this morning and we now have a nice empty spot (no pun intended) in our garage.

We took advantage of the nice morning and went for a walk in the town park close to the beer store. The paved paths are wonderfully clear. DH really enjoyed "getting out" so we're going to try several trails in the area.
    We came back and I bathed the dog. He rec'd a "kiss" from a guy who petted him so I thought it best to be on the safe side. He needed a bath anyways. I now have a somewhat soggy campanion sleeping beside me.

Time for lunch!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I will take my tree down on sunday ,along with my mom's village .

Just found out my niece (she lives out of town)has covid and her hubby and sons ,the boys only had it for a few days each .Its starting to hit near home .The grandpa of my son's friend passed away the other day from covid ,the couple that pulled him out of his longterm home .
    (((Hugs)) @coupon girl. Hope the family of the grandpa were able to make him comfortable in last days.

Reminder to us all to get 10 servings of fruit & veg daily to stave off whatever illness might knock on our respective doors.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley Since the morning show indicates murmurs of possible curfew coming to Ontario, my advice is only to go to Costco for any medicines you might need to stock up this week. You can get food elsewhere so you don't stay long in the lineups (hopefully)

My mother is also avoiding the news but when she gets a newspaper, she tends to fixate on issues like Toronto kids not being able to toboggan on ski hills without police giving them a hard time. She raised that matter with every person she called last week and I had to ask her how the matter is relevant to her senior contemporaries. She said she felt sorry for the kids. I told her to either go on a ski hill and sled or realize how she is overdoing the worry about kids and possibly boring her friends. Yes, we had a kitchen sink argument on that topic (Bro never seems to get these situations but he's not Mr. Empathy or Gives a Darn about others).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@crafter I have the water in a cup for humidity in my room for four days and a separate bottle for drinking when needed for about 4 nights now. I have noticed that I don't completely dry out when I wake up but having lime zest in a plastic bottle for a few hours has left a taste behind. I will add some baking soda to the next washing time and let it sit for 10min to see if the flavour is removed.

Night one-I had a dream that Ivanka Trump had the same Baby Yoda water bottle as mine (first line of conversation) and was talking to me in some convention room then she started to ask a favour for her father. At which I stammered something about not taking to his politics, not the right person to ask...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Laundry is mostly done and the living room had its turn with the vacuum cleaner. Have stuff to add to the recycling box and some $3.40 in bottle/can returns to get to the store today. Will continue to unsubscribe from certain websites and e-mails and also loyalty sites to simplify my e-mail boxes and "Marie Kondo" my online life somewhat. I remember how invested in Marie Kondo episodes (on Netflix) I was last year in January!

Spent the weekend checking out the cost of baby clothes online. Grapevine chatter indicates a relation is having a baby soon and found two gift registries online. I assume most of the closest relatives did a group purchase of main stroller, diaper bag and three other items so that couple is ready for baby's arrival. I decided to get one thing that had some colour at a third website (one gift registry item was not available and I don't care for gray (gender is being kept a surprise) and have it shipped.

Then I did an order at Well.ca because an Umbra item was among the items on 15% sale and of course there were a few other things to add to the order!

The Internet can be fun but wow, time can fly.

Speaking of Internet-TVO's Greek Isles Odyssey concluded yesterday with a segment on Corfu. Such beautiful places! Princess Sissi (if anyone's seen the DVDs on that Austrian royal) had a palace built there. You can watch all six episodes online. I plan to watch the series again this month, as I felt I was travelling without the bustle or logistical challenges. Plus all those cats!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon - i just called the Bay waiting on a $1.40 credit it is now 16 days ,she said it is in process.Funny when we have to pay our credit cards they certainly dont allow any extra time for payment .

Did a load of laundry .I started a new puzzle,i am running low so i am taking my time inbetween doing them .No i will not pay the store prices for puzzles when i can finish them in 6 days or less -i miss my thrift shopping for my puzzles .

Have my first kijiji sale she will pick up on tuesday $7.00 if they come,we will see.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information