User Tag List

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Really happy that the water is helping a bit @Ciel No wonder you're dry at night it's all of the gasping you do from bumping into the Trumps in your dreams
    ps can't wait to watch the Mandolorian, I think we'll try a subscription in the next couple of weeks when the super cold and snowy polar votex arrives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    @crafter I have the water in a cup for humidity in my room for four days and a separate bottle for drinking when needed for about 4 nights now. I have noticed that I don't completely dry out when I wake up but having lime zest in a plastic bottle for a few hours has left a taste behind. I will add some baking soda to the next washing time and let it sit for 10min to see if the flavour is removed.

Night one-I had a dream that Ivanka Trump had the same Baby Yoda water bottle as mine (first line of conversation) and was talking to me in some convention room then she started to ask a favour for her father. At which I stammered something about not taking to his politics, not the right person to ask...
    JadeAngel, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I suppose I can post this small victory here. It turns very rant-ish, sorry.

Keeping track of various Petro Can, BMO, Air Miles, and other reward offers can be like a second job ( and I retired happily from my first job 8 years ago )

Being vigilant I phoned to inquire why Petro Can hadn't deposited the 2,500 PP into my account yet.
    The offer ran from Dec 1-31st. I met the threshold of spend $199.00 ( or more ) on fuel, lottery, etc.
    Waited 20 solid minutes on hold before a CS rep even answered but after all of her checking and double checking she deposited the 2,500 PP into my account " as a good faith gesture ".

Why do they make it sound like their doing ME a favour?
    I opted into the stupid offer, spent what was required and now that they can clearly see the proof on the screen they find it in their hearts to toss me the points??
    So glad I keep receipts until I no longer have to.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@crafter Definitely pleased with your water tips!
    Do try the Disney+ free trial if you have not had the service before---you'll wonder how much viewing time (and don't forget Disney Gallery, 8 eps behind scenes of season 1 and 1hr Season 2 episode of the Mandalorian) you can cram in! Plus you still have chance to enter Tribute contest to win 1 yr sub of Disney+ (only if you 've never subscribed before) and Soul swag (ends in 4 days).
    crafter, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for all of the great tips @Ciel . We will definitely check the behind the scenes too they are good.

Thanks for the tips on contests. Years ago, I used to enter quite a few contests and had some good luck. The best contests etc were the icoke ones that used to run. We won air canada travel vouchers, luggage etc it was great.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by crafter View Post
    Thanks for all of the great tips @Ciel. We will definitely check the behind the scenes too they are good.

Thanks for the tips on contests. Years ago, I used to enter quite a few contests and had some good luck. The best contests etc were the icoke ones that used to run. We won air canada travel vouchers, luggage etc it was great.
    Oh, those icoke freebies and contests are dearly missed. Every time there's an Olympic Games, I keep hoping for a new contest or promotion (not just to buy product).
    crafter likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Yesterday did not go as planned but hey that is life right? I was planning a day full of nothing but as I sat here sipping my tea my anxiety was real. Originally I had planned to wait and hear what Ford had to say and then if we decided to go to Costco we would go Thursday afternoon and then pick up Mom's bday dinner on the way home. But something was telling me to go Sunday (granted I thought Ford was making his announcement today) so after a lot of back and forth I went to Costco to do a large stock up shop.

I ended up going alone as I was worried about Mom (her knee has really been acting up lately and all of the walking do not mix well), in the end, I was happy I did as when I got there I walked right in where is when I left which is when we have gotten there if Mom went with me the line was quite long.

I have seriously stocked us up, stuff I was planning to get in February or March was purchased just to be safe so now all we will need is Fresh stuff here or there. I spent all of January's budget and half of February but I am good with it. Other than the fact I forgot to grab parm (grrrr) we have everything we need.

The big items (dollar wise) were:
    Pork Loin - I like the one from Costco to cut into Pork Chops, so much cheaper than buying Pork Chops
    Beef Roast - We cut this into Strips to use in various ways plus I wanted Cheap roasts for the Slow-Cooker and Instant Pot
    Chicken Wings - One thing Mom asked for
    Hot Dogs - Nice to have on hand for quick meals
    Sausages - A new option for us, I do not like Italian Sausages but I like these Deli Cart ones and I have some recipes I can use them in
    Lunch Meat - I know not the best for us but I need to start eating lunch again and it was on sale
    Tuna - I do not eat but Mom has been watching for sales and turns out the Costco price is cheaper than the sale price
    All of these items I was planning to wait until February or March to buy but I was there and do not want anything tempting us to chase the sales, I want to stay out of the stores except for fresh stuff every other week

Also larger items ($$$ wise)
    Mom's Vitamins - On Sale and she takes them daily, you cannot beat the Costco price and then with them on sale
    Probiotics x 2 - Since I got my gallbladder out they are important for me
    Allergy Pills - They had them again Yippee, do not need but feel better to have a spare bottle on hand
    Kirkland Robax - We only have an open bottle and Mom takes it at times for her back and I do for my shoulder sometimes, good to have extra
    Ziploc Bags (2 x 3-pack Medium & 2 x 3-pack Large)- On sale and since we are doing more Meal Prep they are needed
    Toilet Paper - Do not need but they had tons and just made me feel better to grab a pack

My fridge, freezers and stockpile are overflowing but we are totally stocked up and if need be I can help family members if needed.

When I got home we broke down the Hot Dogs, Sausages & Chicken Wings, broken down the Pork Loin and got all of that in the freezer. Mom did the Beef Roast today well I was working. All stockpile items have been put away (will need to reorganize in the near future but a project for another day). Lettuce has been broken down and packaged.

There are still a few items in bags in the kitchen I need to put away and all of the stuff for the bathroom needs to go away but I will get that done this week.

I have to admit I am feeling relieved to have it done and exciting I am planning so many upcoming meals. Now we can go into hibernation although we will be going out on Thursday to pick-up dinner for Mom's Bday but we will pre-order and just pick-up.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@SassyAshley I think that trip and stock up at Costco was well planned and sees you very prepared for whatever Ford announces tomorrow. We are still semi-stocked, so meals can be formed from what we have on hand.
    The fresh stuff, like you said is about all we require as well.
    This sitting on my hands every day is starting to take a bit of a tow on me.
    I should jump into any one of my crafts or hobbies....heck! even read a book, but I feel so frozen, so stuck.
    Carry on my dear, you seem to be doing just fine!
    Ciel, crafter and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good to hear you got all stocked up @SassyAshley . It sounds like you were proactive on some anxiety you could've had It's really good that you didn't bring your Mom along. It will keep both of your safer by minimizing exposures. Only one of us goes shopping at a time and I shopped for my parents when things were in emergency mode in the spring.
    Sounds like you have a lot of food. Looking forward to hearing what recipes you come up with.
    p.s. I shared the french toast cup recipe with my SIL...she's on her own and it's right up her ally

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all.
    long day. long day. but hey, its its nearly done.
    rearranged the dc rooms, much better flow.

managed to get most of the laundry done.
    feeling pretty good about stuff. attempting to get into a decent routine. dont worry, i am sure that will change...lol.
    Angela273, Ciel, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh laundry, drat forgot about some in the wash thanks for mentioning @Giseledta
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Freezing drizzle here today.
    Very quiet drive to work today.

I shopped for work yesterday and received $16.80 in PC pts. I will receive another $9.33 in PC pts for using my credit card on another purchase for work.

I meant to take a roast out last night for the crock pot today but that will have to be the plan for tomorrow now. I will figure out dinner when I get home. We have lots of stuff so not stressing about it. A chicken ceaser wrap is what I am craving!

Tonight- Dinner- Clean Kitchen- Put load of laundry on- Clean one washroom-Have DS undecorate the tree.
    That is the plan tonight!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Tue, Jan 12th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Upcoming Ontario flyers are posted. Good deals on a few regular healthy items. It will be a very light shopping week for me.
    Eggs for sure!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a good day sort of LOL. I managed to take breaks, get up move around which really helped.

I have been suffer with some serious heel pain lately to the point at times I could barely walk on it. I thought it was because I wore a pair of falling apart shoes way too long but I got new shoes and still had the pain. I did some research which suggested it should be my planters fasciitis acting up. Yesterday I started doing my exercises but also getting and moving (the pain is the worst first thing in the morning or when I sit for long period times). The pain was not gone this morning but I could at least out pressure on my heel when I got up. So I need to keep doing my exercised and moving around.

I am struggling a bit with work, right now I am working on manuals and handouts, I know all of the information that need to go into these sheets but I have my good and bad days working on these things. Some days the info just flows out and I can knock them out, other days it is struggle and I feel like I am getting nowhere. Taking breaks helps me to refocus and I am trying to push through but it is kind of one of those never ending tasks, as I get one done and there are 10 more needing my attention. I know I got this, I can do this, I just need to push forward.

Good news, my boss signed off on my 2021 initiatives, now just waiting to hear from my Dad and our Regional Branch Manager. I get so nervous when I do these things.

Alright back to it
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good morning! Doing some admin stuff this morning. DH is making one of his wonderful brunches..breakie sausages, toast and eggs. I think we're out of breakfast potatoes but I'll try to to find some in my Jenga like freezer.

Cleaning bathtubs and tile today. I'm liking the small cleaning projects.
    We're going to do some stretches and weights (small ones for me) this afternoon. After that, practice some ukelele.

Perhaps French Onion soup and spinach salad for dinner since we're protein heavy at lunch.

Have a great day!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning i just sold a puzzle on kijiji $7.00 for me it was a ravensburger water scene puzzle.I paid 4.99 for it at value village but it was in excellent shape ,so instead of selling a bag of puzzles like 8-10 for $15 to 20 as i use to on kijiji -i will now sell as a individual .My first sale of the year .People are asking more in my area anyway $10-20.00 for used puzzles only done once .I refuse to pay that when talize is opened or value village i can get them for 3.99 to 4.99 used .I guess more are doing puzzles in the winter as we are in lockdown -i have about 6 puzzles left after that i will borrow a few from my sister-in-law.

Hubby and i are having takeout tonight -yummm,maybe Arby's drive thru as i love their roast beef on a bun and so does he .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 12th, 2021 at 10:36 AM.
    Giseledta, JadeAngel, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information