User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have had a very productive work day. Dealt with every single piece of paper. Waiting on stuff/answers as usual but at least my desk looks better now. Tomorrow is a new day!
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Does Arby's still sell those wonderfully curly fries? Used to work beside an Arby's...yumm
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Morning i just sold a puzzle on kijiji $7.00 for me it was a ravensburger water scene puzzle.I paid 4.99 for it at value village but it was in excellent shape ,so instead of selling a bag of puzzles like 8-10 for $15 to 20 as i use to on kijiji -i will now sell as a individual .My first sale of the year .People are asking more in my area anyway $10-20.00 for used puzzles only done once .I refuse to pay that when talize is opened or value village i can get them for 3.99 to 4.99 used .I guess more are doing puzzles in the winter as we are in lockdown -i have about 6 puzzles left after that i will borrow a few from my sister-in-law.

Hubby and i are having takeout tonight -yummm,maybe Arby's drive thru as i love their roast beef on a bun and so does he .
    3.50 125.00 30.00

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes arby's still sell the curly fries

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well i just pulled all my kijiji ads ,not gonna sell when we are in a state of emergency ,at least i sold one today .
    Hubby still wants take out maybe this will be the last time for awhile .

I just paused all my books on hold at the library til end of feb.

I only wish to go to grocery stores ,when needed every 8-10 days .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Tue, Jan 12th, 2021 at 02:40 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh how I miss Arby's there is one near one of our out of town branches and turns out our whole family used to stop in when we took a trip to that branch. No travel means no Arby's.

I am going to put myself on vacation mode and stop selling as well. Not that I have been active on the site lately but I do not want people coming to my house right now. I find some people in our town turn to the buy & sell to avoid stores but no, do not want them coming to my house.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Sassy -hey if someone showed up at your house for a pickup ,never know they could be charged from a bylaw officer and then you may be charged also ,so not worth it .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I deleted my adds too. The weather has been crappy too so not many people are going to bother anyway. Will use the time to gather more stuff and then when the weather is nice start posting again.
    Happy DS was smart and sold his big ticket item the other day.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yay @SassyAshley you beat the Thursday Ontario smackdown on stores and such! Way to go on your stock-up!

I probably will hold off on online purchases other than warranty and likely have to delay another purchase for next week to next month, so as to have funds for groceries. Plan is to get some of my library holds (5 DVDs and a book are in from my Sunday requests so yay me) by tomorrow. I intend to make a routine of 2 x 15min outdoor breaks staring at the garden or collecting branches or just doing laps by Thursday.

I imagine the grocery lineups will be long tonight and tomorrow. Sigh.
    Seems to be a thing to turnaround situations with only 48h notice in this province. Feel for employers and all the workers who have to scramble for daycare or school help if they have to work plus transit (reduced in many communities). Hope that banks keep Mon to Friday in-branch hours!
    Giseledta, SassyAshley and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Teachers on SC: yesterday, a McMaster University professor talked about a lightboard that enhances online learning in that teachers/profs can interact with students by drawing on the board during lessons, just as they would do with boards in classrooms. I did not catch the cost of it but here's the segment from CHCH TV. https://www.chch.com/meet-the-lightboard/
    Giseledta and GoodBoy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Teachers on SC: yesterday, a McMaster University professor talked about a lightboard that enhances online learning in that teachers/profs can interact with students by drawing on the board during lessons, just as they would do with boards in classrooms. I did not catch the cost of it but here's the segment from CHCH TV. https://www.chch.com/meet-the-lightboard/
    Thanks i forwarded the link to my daughter

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The prof said that the board is about $2K and that people who make their own tend to have a home-made look to them. I can see school boards investing in lightboards say if one teacher is doing a centralized course across a school district with sparse populations in many communities.
    I am not sure if CRA would allow teachers to claim the expense as schoolroom materials as part of cost of teaching.
    Giseledta and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Say, freezing drizzle is making Hamilton streets tricky. Mom noticed bus on detour and much traffic in the past hour. I almost wanted to head out but glad I am like Bartleby the cat, staying close to home.

My second pair of slippers (from BC) came 30min ago. Had Mom try them on-she's convinced the pair is more snug than the first pair. I told her the shoes were cold but her warm pair are going to be welcomed by my feet. Timing is everything--no more chilling in summer slipons whilst surfing the Internet downstairs.

Tomorrow morning, I will take mail to the local mailbox and go to collect my library items. I've become a fan of the Garage Sale Mystery movies on TV and have some more to enjoy.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Well it was an OK day I guess. Went to NR early and used a pile of Hauler Instragram coupons (FPC and others) for some great deals with minimal out-of-pocket.

Then this afternoon it looks like we may be able to order a new dishwasher (has been dead since early Dec 2020) tomorrow for next week delivery. Will finalize tomorrow and hope all works out.

I tend to be a glass 1/2 empty sort of chap rather than glass 1/2 full so if this can be taken care of it will be great

Onwards I guess!

Wishing everyone here all the best!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@GoodBoy , I feel you, I used to be a glass half full kind of girl but the last year it has been a challenge. One of my goals this yea is to once again be that glass half full girl but today was not the day for that.

I am getting swamped at work, we are in what is our off season (although currently we are not slow) and we are still short staffed. Normally I am assigned a number of winter projects and have a team to work with me to get through these projects. But since we are still short staffed it is up in the air as to if I will have help or not but this has not stopped more projects from being sent my way. To say I am feeling overwhelmed would be a huge understatement.

I have spent most of today with my head spinning and questioning how I am going to get all of this done and stay on top of everything I am supposed to be getting done. It just has not been a good day but I will push through, I will try to come up with a plan and go from there.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well came home and started in the kitchen.
    Making a homemade mac and cheese while the chicken thaws.
    Kitchen is being cleaned as I go.
    Giseledta, Ciel, crafter and 2 others like this.

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information