User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2069Likes

Thread: January 2021 - Frugal Chatter (New Year, New Goals?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Good Morning,
    Good news is I have started sleeping again bad new is my body is like oh this is nice, I want more LOL. I am going to bed early but still it does not feel like enough right now but the good new is, it is Friday.

We are under a winter warning for this afternoon so we shall see what comes out way. I must say working remotely is helping my anxiety due to the fact I do not have to worry about driving in winter conditions. I do not miss the winter driving.

Trying to figure out dinner for tonight, I am thinking maybe Beef Stew, I can put it on around lunch time and just let it simmer away all afternoon. If I make Beef Stew I will also put a batch of Potato Buns in the Bread Machine to go with the Stew. Personally I prefer cracker but Mom likes a Bun with hers and having Potato Buns on hand is never a bad thing.

I have a couple small things I would like to get done around the house today as I did not get much done yesterday. Working was a bit of a struggle yesterday, I needed to focus and get through the final phase of a training session I have next week but I just could not get it to come together. So hopefully today I can get a few small things done so I do not have to do them over the weekend and can find some time to relax.

I need to find a new show to watch on Netflix, we finished Bridgerton, tried to watch surviving death but was not our type of show.

Alright time to get back to work, no training today just time to catch up and get ready for next week.

Have a great day everyone.
    Maybe because it is so cold outside my bed feels so cozy and comfy this week too! I have said out loud to my self many times times this week " Oh this is so cozy" lol
    Yeah not worrying about driving in the snow is nice. In Nov and Dec when we could actually go out I would check the forecast for the week and plan my outing to the city 45 mins away from us. With hockey I had no choice so this is a nice change (I guess I would rather be driving to the airport in a storm to go South but it is what it is)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Decided we will have Beef Stew for dinner so this afternoon I will take a small break, get the stew going and get the buns started. Love my Bread Machine as I can just dump it all it and let the Bread Machine do the work well I do other things.

Normally when I dig through my chest freezer I get annoyed (if you ever a choice always go stand up freezer, so much easier to keep tidy) but today I was just happy to see just how much we still have on hand. I love doing one big shop a month but I find at the 2 week mark is usually when we start to think about our next shop and what we need. Right now all we need is some fresh fill in stuff, even if we do not go next week for fresh stuff we have enough on hand that we can still make anything we want. It is a nice feeling.
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Meet Bernie, the new internet sensation. he looks a bit chilly

https://outsnapped.com/content/sit-w...eme-generator/

Name:  bernie.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  639.5 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@SassyAshley have you watched Outlander series on Netflix?

evening! Well I had the urge to go grocery shopping a couple of times today but said nope, our freezer is full again. Today flew by after video chatting and texting it was time for ukelele.
    I did my first harvest of lettuce from my indoor garden. So happy I have one.
    We ate dinner super early tonight, we were starving (I let DH take care of meals today ) ....sigh

We finished Bridgerton on Netflix last night and started Lupin, it takes 10 mins to adjust to dubbing over french ...really incredible show. We will probably binge watch on the weekend.

Our front hallway IS repaired and we're now starting to get into painting mode. We have all of the supplies..it's so easy to get distracted.

Have a wonderful evening!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

crafter -hubby and i just finished "lupin" we enjoyed it I am watching bridgerton on 2nd episode.

Tonight i am watching marketplace at 8.00 its about the covid "long haulers".

We just chatted with the granddaughters ,not a video chat as hubby and i are in p'js .We will on sat night .Ashlyn told me school is okay but she misses her friends ,my daughter-in-law said that online learning is not that much fun -as the kids are not muting and all talking together half the time (grade 2).Cara is talking a lot more now she is just past 3 .I asked her are" you being a good girl for mommy and daddy " the reply i got was "sometimes"-lol I miss them so much .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@coupon girl , you'll love it! It's a breath of fresh air and something different. Something we all need now and then.
    We've also watched some good shows on prime, we just finished Yellowstone. It's amazing how fast time flies when you click on next episode...lol.
    Enjoy!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Meet Bernie, the new internet sensation. he looks a bit chilly

https://outsnapped.com/content/sit-w...eme-generator/

Name:  bernie.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  639.5 KB
    Dang, Bernie looks downright practical enough to be an honourary Canadian.
    My food may not befit a king, but I eat like a horse.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@crafter no we have not but I just saw today a new season of Blown Away is available so we will watch this, we liked the first season.
    @coupon girl , you gotta love kids they have filters, it always shocks me what my niece and nephew tell me when they call. By I am too Mom like I am like do not do that to you brother, be nice.

Okay, writing this week's meal plan. Although this past week has not been my best (still struggling with work grrr & very little done around the house) we ate well which makes me happy. We did not turn to any of our quick meals we repeat all too often lately.

We have already decided we want to do a Roast Beef on Sunday, it has been awhile since we had a nice Roast dinner. I am thinking tomorrow I will try to tidy up our fridge, there isn't anything that has gone bad or needs to be thrown out but I feel we should have more space so hopefully I can gain some space if I reorganize thing. If I can make more room I would like to do a little cooking and have some food in the fridge that is just heat and go.

The snow is really starting to fall here, happy I have no where to be this weekend. I can just curl up on my couch with my blankets and relax.

Have a great night everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My SARCAN e-transfer came through from the bags of recyclables that I dropped off earlier in the week. $57 in my account and more room in our garage.

I received some nice NF coupons in the mail this week, from their Christmas promotion.

I ordered a Caddle cheque for $32.20. I only cash out about twice a year. I like the daily surveys.

I picked up a bunch of Nutrigrain bars for virtually free this week. I had $2 wub2 coupons and bought them with the NF points offer. 4,000pts wub$8 and the bars were on sale for $2/box.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Aside from a little Dawson's Creek and Cobra Kai (my brother's viewing), I have not watched Netflix. I have read that Bling Empire is like a hyper form of Rich & Famous living, so that will be a show I'll try next week.

I have about 20 DVDs and about 7 books in the house otherwise to entertain me.

Very happy to have received 3 of 4 ordered items (they came from Toronto stores) from Nordstrom 2 days after order was placed. The $3 DIY Gift box and wrapping option is worth the value (to package gift items for drop off). My last item is coming from Western Canada so it'll be here by Thursday.

Something I ordered from Carter's on the same day (Wed.) got delivered today to its destination.

Dull headache from last night has continued today. Not even hot chocolate or garlicky roast potatoes have chased the pain away. Darn snow squalls. Having tea in the morning was soothing.

Off to warm bed for a good sleep! Good night.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning all .
    Ceil i watched the full season of Bling Empire ,it was entertaining thats for sure.My daughter is watching it now also ,all she said to me was the amount of botox some have wow you can sure notice it .

I have to watch the amount of usage on watching netflix as we dont have unlimited ,plus hubby goes on the tablet sometimes .
    I was going to put a fair amount of library books and movies on hold which i did ,but decided to release some of them from the hold status .I love reading and getting newer movies from the library ,plus with only one person allowed to pick up their books in the front area i feel i will keep reading .

I have a husband that is a man of few words ,so this is a bit hard for me the isolation from my kids and grandchildren .I imagine it is hard for others also ,so i am not alone .

I do love smart canucks also ,it is enjoyable.

On that note i may go to the library today and a movie and a book is in from my holds .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I think @Frugalbigmama and are the only ones with a child in high school, but make sure your friends in Ontario know there is now a 1 time grant of 200.00 for kids 13-18. Previously it was just the younger grades. I applied last Sunday and received the money today. It will go in his college fund. @coupongirl I have been using the library curb side pick up this time. I decided to re watch Downton Abbey as I never really watch the 1st season and its in so I am taking advantage of the blue sky and walking to the library. I have also become addicted to Dr Who. My DH has been a fan since birth so finds it entertaining as I start to sort out the story. It all started because I love David Tennant (10th Dr). Have a happy Saturday all.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Woke up ready to go this morning, nice change. Decided to use my ambition to get some stuff done in the kitchen.

Banana Muffins are done and cooling on the stove
    A batch of Spreadables I should have made last weekend is now done and in the cupboard
    All of the hand dishes are done, I have been putting these off most of the week but there weren't many, just a few plastic containers, the bread machine pan, a cookie sheet and muffin pan.

Next I am going to clean up the fridge, see if I can make some room and get a little more cooking done so we have some grab and heat meals this week.

Looks like a nice sunny day here so far but I heard more squalls are supposed to blow through so we shall see. For now I will keep warm cooking away in my kitchen.

Have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sat, Jan 23rd, 2021 at 10:53 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all

Went to SDM for my cheap $1.29 eggs limit 2 and lays Chips $0.99 limit 2 didn’t buy anything else since Ali don’t need much just fresh veggies and fruits will go to RCSS later this week

I have been using the library curb side to get books to keep me occupied.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@Lil 0003 I love David Tennant as well. He does a brilliant job in Good Omens on Prime. I also enjoyed watching him in the Netflix crime drama Broadchurch as well.

Good afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well today. I'm enjoying a tad more coffee in the sunshine.
    I'm embracing the weekend mornings with the lockdowns, so I showered early and put a nice clean pair of pjs on for lounging. (it's also laundry day)

I had a very exciting thing happen last night, DH loved the homegrown romaine lettuce so much that he asked me to order a second one when he heard it was on sale last night for $130. To my surprise, when I checked this morning, it's back to regular price ($200) so we were lucky when DH insisted we order it last night. What a lovely valentine gift idea from him

We have an pine shelving unit that a neighbour made us years ago. We're going to bring it up and have a little living garden area beside the kitchen. I'm really looking forward to planning what seeds I'll plant in the next one. I'm going to use my own seeds, probably some swiss chard, spinach along with mixed greens. Yum.

Shopping wise, aside from a few items, I think I'll hold off and wait for the PC points special next week.

Have a great afternoon!
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information